Rut Nut 30-May-19
Spider1 03-Jun-19
Rut Nut 03-Jun-19
Huntinggal2009 04-Jun-19
RC 05-Jun-19
Rut Nut 05-Jun-19
Jody Maddock 13-Jun-19
24-May-19
Wes Waldron, " Muldoon ", UBP Legislative Committee Chairman, passed away this morning from a heart attack. I will miss him dearly as there will only ever be one Muldoon. He was quite a trip and everyone loved him. RIP Brother Wes.

24-May-19
One of my heroes, for sure.

24-May-19
Sorry to hear that, Wes was a great guy and did tons of work for the UBP and bowhunters.

24-May-19
Very sad news. Will miss seeing him.

24-May-19
Sad news for sure, he was an old friend, Prayers to his family.

24-May-19
One of the true greats. Always willing to shoot the crap with anyone willing to listen. Will miss seeing him at UBP events. RIP Muldoon.

24-May-19
Gene and I extend our condolences to the family members of Muldoon. He will surely be missed

24-May-19
A Good Man, at his very best at the end of his Life. We should all be so lucky. Our family joins in prayers for the family and all who knew him well.

24-May-19
Condolences to the family.

24-May-19
As others have said, he was one of a kind & will be missed by all of us in the archery community. Condolences to his family & close friends.

24-May-19
I feel like I lost a brother today. I will miss this man immensely. RIP Brother, see you at the happy hunting grounds. Semper Fi!

24-May-19
Shocked and saddened to hear the news! He will be missed....................we lost a good one today!

Prayers going out to the entire Waldron family!

24-May-19
I lost a Brother, not of my blood but of my heart. Now I worry of a couple other Brothers and my Sisters. Ive cried today with more to come. I Love every damn one of you sob's. I didnt get to tell him. No more.

We need another reason..... To play. To sweat. To enjoy the rain and then the stars. To speak of bows and maybe lie. To fill our bellies and our cups. To drink up and to savor the greatest campfires on earth. He will be there with us.

24-May-19
Dale, I suspect there will be many drinks and toasts around the campfire this year at The Campout! ;-)

24-May-19
I write this with a tears in my eyes and a heavy heart. I’m not afraid to say, I loved this man. Today When I saw the email from Rick I said, “Oh no not Muldoon”. Muldoon and I had a special bond since we both knew what it was like to stare into the eyes of death. It was a bond that only a few can understand. No words had to be spoken, we just had that mutual respect for each other. I could never get him to tell me exactly what his mission was in Vietnam but I knew enough to know that he was one of the elite few that went over the fence into Laos and Cambodia. I always thought that if we both drank enough Jack Daniels sitting around the campfire, I could get him to start taking about his missions but he never did. Today, I poured myself a small glass of Single Barrel and sat on my back deck reminiscing about all the great times we spent together. One of the greatest story tellers of all time is gone and there will never be another one like him.

24-May-19
I got the message I never ecpected to read at work this morning ..and struggled most of the day with my memories and emotions because no one I work with knew the man or would understand.. I messaged my 18 yr old son who met Muldoon at 8 yrs old...and believed the man when he said the elderdritches bed down at the edge of that field...stopped at the state store for a pint of Jack Daniels ..its how we said hello the first time.,.its how I said until we meet again tonight..we put the necklace neck knife and powder horn that we have made by Muldoon out on the table and my wife and I drank a toast through the tears our hearts are all heavy and I propose a new thread ..Muldoon Memories ...to celebrate the life of the man who had so many stories to tell....

24-May-19
Reading your tributes with many tears! This man became my friend, taught me so much, and believed in me. I, like many of you, are extremely fortunate to have known a man of such character, intelligence, humor, and a memory like no other. Jack may just have to come out of the cupboard tonight.

25-May-19
I couldn't even tell you how many days Wes and I sat around at the campout talking. We did that for 23 years and and umpteen beers and many shots of JD. And it was always very entertaining, and oh so many laughs!

25-May-19
Wes was very kind to me in the short time I knew him. Sure would have enjoyed getting to know him better. We were communicating via Email Thursday Morning, his last message to me is something I will surely read over and over again. We shared a passion for promoting bowhunting and conservation. I hope his family can find comfort knowing that he is at rest.

25-May-19
Man, there’s not a lot more that can be said that isn’t in the messages above. Bowhunters lost a good one this week. R.I.P. Muldoon

26-May-19
Sorry to hear this. Prayers.

26-May-19
I didn’t know Muldoon on a personal level, but his hard work and dedication to the UBP and all bowhunters in PA, preceded him. This is sad news indeed, and he will be missed. Reading all the posts above, shows how much he meant to all of you...and his memory will live on forever. God speed to the happy hunting grounds in Heaven, and prayers and condolences to the Waldron family...which undoubtedly includes all of you.

27-May-19
So sorry to hear this. He served the UBP and the bowhunting community in general with a lot of dedication. Condolences to his family. RIP.

27-May-19
My condolences to his family.

27-May-19
Sad news, condolences to the family.

27-May-19
Muldoon came over to breakfast table & gave hug upon leaving the winter banquet, never thought it would be our last. My mentor & long time friend. I'll miss you my friend!!!

28-May-19

Rut Nut's Link
Here is his obituary

29-May-19
Any contributions in his name may be made to the United Bow Hunters of Pennsylvania.

Send the UBP a check and a note in memory of Muldoon. The UBP will notify the family of your donation.

Thanks

29-May-19
I first met Muldoon when I was very young, may only 12 or 13. From the very first campout that I attended up until the last one I attended some years ago, Muldoon was family. He taught me a lot about hunting and the outdoors, he made me laugh until I cried on more than one occasion, he left a permanent imprint on my life. I have not been involved with the UBP in some time, life just got in the way. I actually joined the bowsite just to post this as a way to say goodbye and Thank you. RIP Muldoon, I will be thinking about you on opening day.

29-May-19
Nice to hear from you John. Thanks for your thoughts.

29-May-19
So many great memories, it's hard to put into words, the impact that he had on so many of us. I have thought of him often this week, as well as Brock, Trapper and family. He was always a great support to the Disabled Hunters Program, and provided many donations to us. I enjoyed many great conversations over the years with him. He always took an interest in everyone he met, and I can see how he was grooming the next generation of leaders to step up and assume the responsibilities of leadership. His spirit will live on in each of us who knew and loved this man.

My arrow crests will bear the name of "Muldoon" as I dedicate the '19 archery season in honor of him

Joe

30-May-19
Well said Joe! I always looked forward to seeing him and talking with him at the SUmmer Campout and other UBP events. I didn't make it to the Campout last year, so I was really looking forward to seeing him this year. Still can't believe he is gone............................................. He was such a tough old bird(meant as a compliment) I always figured he would be around for a long, long time! He was one of the most generous and kindest folks I ever knew- he will be greatly missed!

03-Jun-19
Look at this, I pop in after all this time and this is what I find. Sad sad news.

Wes, I think of you often. You will not be forgotten. I recall the first campout I went to at his property. As the evening came and a thousand stars filled the sky I heard the distant rumble of a quad as Muldoon went from camp site to campsite and finally came to stop at our fire. Stopping just long enough to pass a bottle of green label around a couple times and then off he roared in search of a few more people to welcome. Yes Muldoon, I think of you often and always will. I wish you a safe journey.

03-Jun-19

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
You reminded me of one of my favorite Campout pics Spider! ;-)

04-Jun-19
All, I am putting together a memorial that includes comments (& pictures) like you have above. May I have permission to use your comments and sign with your names? Please just PM me or email me your OK. Spider, RC send me the pics you have attached above. [email protected]

05-Jun-19
Sent you an email, Jen. Yes you have my permission.

05-Jun-19
Same here Jen. I'll send that pic in an e-mail.

13-Jun-19
Just back from South Africa and could not respond until now. A very great loss for the UBP, his community and family. He was a selfless giver, an inspiration. Very glad I spoke with him about a month ago. As always he asked about my family and especially son Chris (has CP). "Tell Chris I was asking about him." I did.

• Sitka Gear