Burly 27-May-19
ground hunter 14-Jul-19
BIG BEAR 14-Jul-19
Jon Stewart 14-Jul-19
BIG BEAR 14-Jul-19
buckhammer 15-Jul-19
25-May-19
https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-350-79137_79763_79909---,00.html

I see a lot of DNR shaming. Before you blame them, look at who has the full authority to make the rules in the first place...then who has the responsibility to enforce them...politically motivated rules the NRC makes, politically motivated rules the DNR has to enforce.

Politics has the most power. If you want to change the rules, go voice your (educated) opinion at the NRC meetings. It is their duty as public servants to listen to the people.

27-May-19
You won’t see me shaming the law enforcement division of the DNR.

It’s the NRC that I despise.

27-May-19
Nrc is run by special interest groups. I have nothing but Respect for COs.

14-Jul-19
I agree, must be frustrating for a biologist who works in the woods, to listen to them idiots,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

14-Jul-19
The NRC is a bunch of rich snobs catering to their rich snob friends. They don’t give a damned what their biologists tell them. It’s a horrible system of making game laws that needs to change.

14-Jul-19
I still want to know that if baiting is so bad why they allow it for disabled veterans in the early season and in portions of the U.P. If baiting bad then it is bad.

14-Jul-19
Exactly Jon !!!!

The E-Mail they sent out is a FREAKING JOKE !!!!

They said something about keeping consistency with the LP.........

Hell......... what a sham that is..... If they were gonna keep consistency with the LP....... then baiting would be outlawed across the UP.

They just set the laws that work for them and their rich friends. The NRC can kiss my ass.

15-Jul-19
I live and hunt in a CWD zone here in southern Michigan. Last year you could shoot any 2 bucks on a combo tag. No restrictions on either tag. Plus an unlimited number of does. The NRC/DNR's stance was that they wanted you to shoot as many deer as possible to help in eliminating the spread of CWD.

Now last Thursday the NRC voted at their meeting that his year there will be a 4pt per side restriction on both tags. If CWD is so bad why the change?

I am all for the "Let em go, let them grow" so a little bit of me is happy to see this. But at the same time the buck I harvested last year is now off limits. I shot a 3.5 year old 6 pt. that weighed 179 filed dressed. I can tell you with the utmost confidence that deer was never going to be anything more than a main frame 6 pt. the rest of his life. Unless he developed some stickers in a few years to make him legal he would die of old age with the new rules.

If you believe what the biologist tell you, deer like this buck are the main carriers of CWD. But now you cant shoot him. Some consistency in the rules sure would be nice.

• Sitka Gear