fran 01-Jun-19
Wachusett 02-Jun-19
Dthfrmabove 26-Jun-19
Will 26-Jun-19
Dthfrmabove 26-Jun-19
Dthfrmabove 26-Jun-19
27-May-19

28-May-19
Pi, that's a solid contraption. I was thinking you were going to put a couple cotton balls in there, not a whole bag's worth. This is way better. Spray well, let dry, and let the creatures crawl through or take the cotton for homes etc. That should help with tick control in your area, especially with 3-4 or more around the yard. It's almost like the experimental moose scratching post idea used up north where they use permithrin coated cattle scratchers placed in the woods near high moose density areas to help reduce winter tick kill. I like it!

31-May-19
Was considering doing this on my property but held off to do more research. Between the two of you I trust you've done some reading on this. Any idea about the risks of the permethrin going up the food chain as hawks or whatever else eat the mice? I remember hearing that it's pretty toxic to fish, and I have a few brooks running down into a river a couple hundred yards away. I'm pretty convinced the risk/reward is worth it, especially because I have young kids at home and don't want them to get exposed to tick born diseases, but wanted to be sure about the collateral damage it might cause. Any info/updates on how it's working would be appreciated.

01-Jun-19
Very good info. Thanks I think I’m going to start trapping the mice year round outside with the water bucket trap.

01-Jun-19
We have been doing it for years with good results.

02-Jun-19
Awesome thanks for the good intel guys. Definitely seems worth it, I'll give it a whack and see what happens.

26-Jun-19

Dthfrmabove's embedded Photo
Dthfrmabove's embedded Photo
Who needs a tick tube when you have a 2”x2” piece of wood !!!!!

26-Jun-19
DFA = Walk softly but carry a big stick... well, big to a mouse :)

26-Jun-19
Pi. Baby steps my friend. The mice have infiltrated my riding mover and my backyard shed. The war has begun and I have dismantled and nuked the shed and mower !!!

Death from above - 11 / mice - 0.

A few more and I can make a meal with them and the baby rabbits. Lol

26-Jun-19
Will. Was going to try to arrow them but I think I would need Drslyr here for that

• Sitka Gear