Indian Hills or Atlanta
Missouri
Contributors to this thread:
buckhunter9268 28-May-19
Schmitty78 14-Jul-19
dafish 26-Jul-19
elkmo 25-Aug-19
28-May-19
hope you guys don't hammer me to bad for being from out of state and asking questions. lol I am planning to make my first bow hunting trip to MO this year. I actually made the 800+ mile drive up to the Kirksville, MO area from the Mississippi Gulf Coast this past weekend just to look at some of the public land. I didn't have a lot of time to spend at any one area but managed to look a little bit at Indian Hills, Deer Ridge, Montgomery Woods and Atlanta. All of the areas looked good as I am used to hunting pine and briar thickets. I liked the lay of Atlanta best as it was not as steep as the other areas. I would like to get any insight from y'all as to preference, hunting pressure or need to knows about these areas. I am going to try and make it back up around labor day to do some more scouting. Thanks for any input and hope everyone has a great season

14-Jul-19
It’s been a few years since I’ve hunted the area, but Atlanta used to get very little pressure during archery season. I know before CWD was discovered in the county there were deer all over that area! Population isn’t what it once was, but the deer on my place are starting to rebound. Good luck, wish I could be more help! May want to post this on the general forum too, our state forum is pretty slow!

26-Jul-19
I use to hunt near Deer Ridge and camped there. Always a few nice deer taken up there. I changed the regs a couple years ago, I think you cannot shot does during rifle season now. Which should help the population. When I was up there you would not see anyone during the week. Good places? north part of the north section, east part of middle section, but hard to get to, and far north east of south section. The latter 2 are only 150 yards from each other but private land in between, oh and cannot mention way east of the big tower...it all depends on when you plan on getting there. They plant a smorgasborg of food plots, from wheat rye, radishes turnips clover milo alfalfa,

25-Aug-19
Indian hills

• Sitka Gear