spike78 29-May-19
Ungie01201 30-May-19
Will 30-May-19
Eastie778 30-May-19
lunker 01-Jun-19
Tekoa 01-Jun-19
lunker 01-Jun-19
29-May-19
What is the smallest diameter arrow you can shoot a standard broadhead with? And a follow up question would be... what kind of small diameter arrows do you prefer (and why)?

29-May-19
The idea is wind resistance for the longer shots. And if so should be the same for meat resistance too.

29-May-19
5mm with HIT inserts. Easton makes the FMJ and Axis and they are excellent. They are nice and heavy and will shoot great when you tune your bow to them.

You can also shoot a standard Broadhead on smaller diameter shaft.....you just have to use an outsert. It effectively raises your FOC and gives you a better flying and penetrating arrow.

29-May-19
I tried a small diameter arrow once and they broke too easily.

30-May-19
I shoot 5mm FMJs now, but was shooting 5mm Easton Axis and regular broadheads flew fine.

30-May-19
There are a few brands with outserts that you can use regular heads with that get good reviews. I've not tried them, just know they exist - Victory (as Pat noted), and a few others I'm spacing come to mind. Axis/FMJ's... what about ACC's, does Easton still make those - they were LOVED by many for a long time.

30-May-19
I shoot the FMJ 5mm also with the regular Grimm reaper whitetail specials and they fly great. Easton makes a great hunting arrow!

01-Jun-19
I thought my fmj were small diameter they get even smaller .I just came back from the bow shop and were amazed by how small they go. Tiny. I bought a new 5 pin sight and a new release so new arrows idk we shall see it never does stop does it .I thought I was done guess not ,o well back to work mon to make more money for my hunting addiction

01-Jun-19
Everything goes full circle. For those who remember the first carbon arrows back in the seventies they were super skinny sticks with outserts for the arrowhead end and the nocks slipped over the shaft. The beman ICS (Internal component system) was considered a huge advancement. Now here we are going back to skinny shafts and outserts and it is considered an advancement. Thank goodness the dogwood shafts are just about dry ready for straightening. High tech here means tapered cedar.

01-Jun-19
Hugh I did not know that.So I guess their strategy works caus im interested

• Sitka Gear