joebuck 07-Jun-19
RutnStrut 07-Jun-19
Bloodtrail 07-Jun-19
Gusto 07-Jun-19
Bloodtrail 09-Jun-19
WI Shedhead 09-Jun-19
Hoytdog 11-Jun-19
01-Jun-19
What is your choice for an economical and sure fire Trail camera in 2019?

01-Jun-19
I run a hodge-podge of cameras from Wildgame, Cabelas, Bushnell, and Browning. My favorite is Browning and they are economical to me and they have been rock solid for me. My least favorite is Wildgame and I won't buy any more of them. I've had good luck with the Cabela's brand (I do not know who makes them for Cabela's) and they are very reasonable and I believe they qualify for their lifetime guarantee since they are under the Cabela's branding.

One caveat with Cabela's is that I once tried to get service on a Cabela's camera and there is nowhere that would service them, The Customer Support gave me a contact and I never got a human to talk to and never got a reply. I actually figured out the issue and ended up not needing the service. Now, with them being part of a lifetime guarantee, I could just bring it back to the store - assuming I have the original receipt.

If money did not matter, I would buy all Reconix.

01-Jun-19
I use Browning’s. I have a old Leaf River also that just won’t quit.

01-Jun-19
I have always had good luck with Moultrie 40is. I own 12 of them purchased off Ebay. I have had great luck resolving issues with them as long as I go through a dealer. Return them a I've always gotten a new one. I dont pay more than $70 each for them too.

01-Jun-19

BrianWI's Link
I believe Cabela's camera are from BolyMedia. I'd try their website for service. Here is my review of Spypoint: https://nelsoncreekoutdoors.com/news/spypoint-solar-my-new-favorite-trail-cameras/

01-Jun-19
I don't use trail cams for serious WT hunting , just for other game trails & watching my house when I'm on Vacation .

I have 4 Moultrie # mcg's that just keep running year after year .

02-Jun-19
I mainly use Coverts and have some Brownings. Have some Moultries too but they miss too many events. Trying a new Campro and I'm having great luck with it so far.

02-Jun-19
Browning for the cheap ones, and reconx for the high dollar ones. I have 2 of them. 50k pics on a set of lithium’s and mine have triggered dark pictures over 70uds. Never have had an issue with them

02-Jun-19

Fletch's Link
This is a reliable site for reviews. They charge more for the cams but have a great return policy. I use their research and buy elsewhere.

03-Jun-19

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
I really really like the new Hollywoods from Coverts. Nothing compares to whiteflash pictures in my opinion. I have dozen of pictures of the same buck minutes apart with no fear. I also set one camera on video to record the animal when the flash goes off. No problems.

03-Jun-19

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo

03-Jun-19

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo

03-Jun-19

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Transition from Hollywood.

03-Jun-19

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Day time Hollywood.

03-Jun-19
Nice stuff Trapper

05-Jun-19
I run Wildgame (junk for the most part), Cuddeback, Moultrie, Browning and Covert. If I had to chose one of the four, it would be Browning. They have been very reliable for me. Moultrie has been good and I would recommend them as well. I like my Covert, it's wireless which I love. Mine doesn't take as good as the photos above. Those are awesome! I am really interested in the Cuddelink system and am thinking of giving a few of them a try this fall. I have heard good things about the system, the short battery life is the only complaint I've heard of. BC

05-Jun-19

happygolucky's Link
BC, I've attached a link to a looooonnnnggggg thread on the Cuddelink system. It is probably worth scanning it if you are interested in the system. I am assuming there are many varying opinions in there. I personally have not read it.

05-Jun-19
im very happy with the cuddelink system, im running 4 systems on 4 different properties.

06-Jun-19

Konk1's Link
I'm a big fan of Browning Strike Force. Nice little compact camera that takes well above average pictures and great battery life. Least favorite is Primos, these are junk if you ask me. My son bought one and the directions stated not to use below 20°.

Trailcampro.com is the best place I have found to compare and purchase trail cameras. You get a 2 year warranty, SD card and free shipping. If you don't like you camera for any reason, you can return it within 90 days. Contrary to what Fletch said, they do not charge more for their cameras, same price as anywhere else. They just never have sales since you get a longer warranty, SD card and free shipping.

06-Jun-19
I like the Browning cameras. Covert for me has been a big disappointment.

07-Jun-19
I do know I have a cheap old Wildgame camera I would trust more than my newer Moultrie. I put my Moultrie out with new batteries on a new gun stand site in Mid October and when I checked it the week prior to Gun opener there were two pictures of the first day out then nothing. I know there were deer and decent bucks in the area, plus there was snow on the ground with fresh and old tracks in it right in front of the camera. I was not happy, that old wildgame camera works every time. I don't care much on the quality of the pics, just so I can see what was there.

07-Jun-19
My son bought 6 of the Cuddelink cameras last year and is very satisfied with how they performed. We have 50 acres of swamp land and very difficult to walk around to check cameras. Cuddelink solved that problem and I dare say we got more pictures last year than ever before. Haven't been on the land this year and I'm sure it's flooded with all the rain we've got.

07-Jun-19
The Cuddelink cams may be great. However when you need customer service from Cuddeback, good luck. Absolutely the worst company I have dealt with in any industry. You will hear the same from most everyone that has had the displeasure of dealing with them.

07-Jun-19
Based on what I have heard and seen -

Cuddieback may have worked to improve their cameras but customer service still is bad!

Moultrie - For some time very good cameras but as of late, my friends have left them and reviews I have heard have been poor.

Browning seems to be high on the list. Friends of mine love Browning's they have and little or no problem. Review here sounds good as well. Reconx - great - BUG bucks is stolen.

Still looking....listening...Thank

07-Jun-19
From a buddy that used to work at sporting good store, he recommends the newer Browning cams. He said that he was told several of the Moultrie engineers left and went to Browning to design cams. The Browning cam’s user interface is very “moultrie” like.

09-Jun-19
Thanks Gusto!!

09-Jun-19
Cuddeback hooks u cradle to grave by giving u a trade in for one of the upgrades when thier cameras take a crap one month after the warranty expires. I have just cut my losses and moved on. I have 3 Browning’s I got on a door buster sale at canelas that are really nice and reliable

11-Jun-19
Moultrie no longer has a service department so that makes them not very appealing. Especially since cameras often break down right after the warranty ends.

• Sitka Gear