DCNOE 05-Jun-19
Huntinggal2009 12-Jun-19
Jody Maddock 13-Jun-19
Kathy rn 18-Jun-19
SPERA 01-Aug-19
hawkeye in PA 02-Aug-19
HARRY CARRY 05-Aug-19
02-Jun-19
Just learned this morning that Dan Neebe, owner of Bow for it, passed away yesterday. Most people is SE Pennsylvania probably know Dan and his passion for Archery. I know he had had some health issues recently. RIP Dan.

02-Jun-19
Wow, great guy to deal with. Bought 3 different bows from Dan before he closed shop.

02-Jun-19
Yup. R.I.P. Dan. Thanks for everything you did for all of us. What a lot of people may not know is that Dan was a charter member of the UBP. He promoted the UBP through his shop. Many of us here in the SE own much to him for his advice and direction in our hunting quest in one way or another.

Bill V

02-Jun-19
One of a kind. I frequented Dan's shop often and every time was a learning experience. There will never be another shop like his! My thoughts and prayers to Grace and the family. Lost a great one. RIP Dan.

03-Jun-19
He was a great guy. I was fortunate to hunt him a number of times and he was always ready with good advice or a helping hand. He was a good friend. Godspeed Dan.

03-Jun-19
Bad news for sure. Dan was a tremendous guy. Anything I ever needed he was there to help whether it was for the UBP, KBA or Souderton Harleysville Club. I owe a lot to Dan on my own journey into archery and he will always be an icon to me. RIP buddy.

03-Jun-19
I just said to my wife yesterday that I needed to stop by and see him. Damn.

04-Jun-19
Anyone have any info on Dan's arrangements Will really miss him and all his help

04-Jun-19
Sad news indeed. Prayers for the family and friends. Never made it to his shop, but he did great work for bowhunters everywhere.

04-Jun-19
Never knew him. Prayers to the family! SOunds like he did a LOT for the archery community!

04-Jun-19
Thanks for the kind words. I spent 20 years of my life working in the shop. Many friends I have today were a result of working for Dan. At the request of his family, all funeral arrangements will be private. Please keep his family in your prayers during this trying time. God Bless!!

05-Jun-19
I just need to say a few more words about my friend Dan Neebe. Dan ran his business FOR the archer. Not for himself or the money but for the guy who loved to bow hunt. Many a night I sat patiently watching Dan work until it was my turn. Dan did not rush or hurry people through. He wanted everything to be perfect and when it was your turn he would take just as much time with you and it was all worth the wait. He explained everything, sold you nothing you didn't need, and took care of you long after the sale. He was an artist/engineer when setting up a bow and then he would send you out to shoot a few arrows. Tweak this, tweak that, and before you knew it you were shooting tight groups. When I bought my first bow from him, and everyone after that, he would tell me to come when he was closed so he could really spend time with me getting everything perfect. I enjoyed all of my time spend hanging out at his shop because every minute was a learning experience. Bow set up, turkey hunting, deer hunting, trout fishing, and any other topic that might come up made for an enjoyable night. If Dan wasn't busy, sometimes we would just sit at the picnic table and talk about the mountains and life in general. He always asked about the cabin I was building in Bradford County and always asked about my wife's teaching career. I treasure the time I spent with Dan and wish now I had spent more time there. Dan selling the business really left a hole for me. It was reassuring to know that Dan's was always there to hang out or look around and learn and once it was gone I had nowhere else to "hang" and talk bowhunting. A small part of my archery persona died when Dan sold but a much, much bigger part has left me with his passing. My arrows don't need to carry Dan's initials this season because every arrow I have shot since I met him, carry a bit of his wisdom, experience, and soul with it already. I owe him for the archer I am today. I never would have made it to where I wanted to be, and beyond that, without him. Shoot straight my friend and enjoy your new found freedom.

05-Jun-19
Prayers for the family.

05-Jun-19
Could not have been said any better Griz....

12-Jun-19
So sad! Prayers to the family and friends that were close to him.

13-Jun-19
Well said Griz. I loved Dan Neebe for what he did and who he was. As he said about certain bowhunting topics, about people he loved, he was "just the best."

18-Jun-19
In 1987, I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. My husband Todd and I were regulars at Dan's shop. I took my first doe with a bow in 1987. I was a 30 year old city girl. We shared our Christian faith and he gave me piece work from the shop when I was getting chemo. He let my husband Todd and I use his cabin in Lycoming County to get away during the recovery. His soul was pure and I am sure he is at peace in God's kingdom! Thank you to his family for sharing him with us.

01-Aug-19
Dan was a super guy. My heart goes out to Grace. Griz...amazingly written and spot on.

02-Aug-19
Prayers for the family, RIP Dan.

05-Aug-19
Dan Neebe sounds just like the person any Archer would have been lucky to know. Though I did not, myself, I can see immediately his importance to this Archery community of ours.

May Dan's Family and Friends find comfort in the times to come....

• Sitka Gear