Jimbo 03-Jun-19
Tekoa 04-Jun-19
Dthfrmabove 04-Jun-19
03-Jun-19

Tekoa's embedded Photo
Tekoa's embedded Photo
Pretty pleased with today's work.

03-Jun-19
Excellent flint Knapping skills it looks good. Are you going to hunt with it?

03-Jun-19
Maybe not this exact head but the goal this year is to take a deer with a fully primitive setup.

03-Jun-19
very cool nice work.

03-Jun-19
We find a lot of artifacts like arrowheads, spear points, and a few drills on my property in the fields and in the creek.I dug up a grinding stone two years ago planting an apple tree by the creek.So flint knapping has been interesting me lately. Good luck with the hunt.

03-Jun-19
WOW!

03-Jun-19
NICE WORK

03-Jun-19
Awesome!

03-Jun-19
Very cool, indeed!

04-Jun-19
Pi, The short answer is no. New England is a desert for knappable rock. At least flint, chert and obsidian. The natives used a combination of rocks. Good cherts were imported from NY and Maine with some PA jasper thrown in. But they also made do with what they had locally such as blue hills rhyolite, hornfels and quartzite. The local stuff is tough and not to be learned on. The good news, there is ballast flint along the shore, see my other recent post. For learning, porcelain floor tiles can be used. Thick older high quality glass works. Industrial slag glass works. And there is always "Thunder Chert", porcelain toilet bowls (Really). Google any of those things and you get the info you need. And there is always the internet to order rock. The arrowhead shown is made from Georgetown chert from Texas . This is addictive and learning geology and rock procurement is a big part of the hobby. This summer I have road trips planned to Maine and Ohio specifically to gather rock. One other suggestion. I've been at this for a year and really struggled until I took a weekend course at ROOTs school in Vermont. I highly recommend it. Tekoa

04-Jun-19
Pretty cool Tekoa. I hope to see some pics of a deer down with an arrowhead you make !!

• Sitka Gear