Broadside 13-Jun-19
Pop-r 28-Jun-19
Pop-r 29-Jun-19
Pop-r 29-Jun-19
Barrera 03-Aug-19
ohiohunter 04-Aug-19
Red Sparky 04-Aug-19
07-Jun-19
How’s the moisture in the Gila? Been doing some online searching, but don’t have a PhD in internet weather.

07-Jun-19
I get my info from AccuWeather.com

Silver City, Reserve, Gila Cliff Dwellings, Gila. I also frequent weather underground. So far there has been more moisture than I saw last year. Nothing beats boots on the ground though if you want to see how green or brown it is. ;)

08-Jun-19
What part of the Gila? Thunderstorms are hit or miss, 10 miles from where it is muddy and green it can be brown and dusty. Seems like we have been getting more moisture than usual but we have had a drought for many years.

10-Jun-19
Will be in the area of the cliff dwellings come September. I Have been looking for good data on accumulated precipitation year to date and haven’t found much. Telling someone to put boots on the ground to see if it’s green or brown seems a bit selfish. I’m not internet scouting, just asking if there’s been any rain.

10-Jun-19
Good Morning All Conditions have been really good, the best I have seen in years.Today in Silver it is overcast and the last few nights it have been trying to rain.

10-Jun-19
Wheels....I don't know of any weather station in the area. I use 1Weather app on my phone and the closest I can get is Silver City. You may want to search the USFS website to see if they have anything close. I use Reserve for one of my locations but that is a long way from the cliff dwellings.

10-Jun-19
Thanks guys, looks like horn growth should be good this year.

11-Jun-19
Rained continually up until about 3 wks ago now with a few hit & miss showers since then. I'd say overall it's in much better condition than it's been in many years.

12-Jun-19
Lol wheels. I didn't mean to make it sound like I was telling you to put boots on the ground. What kind of bad advice would that be? Just stating it the way I see it for the reason Sparky mentioned. I will be putting boots on the ground soon. I'd be happy to check your area for ya. Coordinates please? ;)

Forecast saying hot n dry fir the next week or 2

12-Jun-19
Give trophy the coords to the location of the biggest bull you've seen and he can go see how the horn growth is. LOL

12-Jun-19
I don't worry about antler growth, cows are tastier than bulls anyhow. Just wondering if hiking in or using horses.

13-Jun-19
No horses. Used to do the horse route, but found a few really good areas within reasonable distance of the truck that I don’t have to haul horses from home. It’s been 8 years since I’ve been in the wilderness area, looking forward to getting back.

13-Jun-19
8 years is a long time, don't be surprised if Trophyhill or myself has moved into your long lost area! LOL be careful if you come across my camp.......a couple years ago I had some yahoo get into my tipi and drank my water!! so I am a little skittish!

The biggest problem with walk in areas is when you pack your camp in and have some neighbors move into the same area, yes the walk in areas seem like a lot of space but it really isn't and having neighbors pushing the elk out really sucks because you only have so much turf to hunt without moving your camp and all of your water that you packed in prior to your hunt.

13-Jun-19
For what it’s worth on 6-1 I was in 16A, from Reserve to Rainy Mesa it was drier than a popcorn fart, looked as though there were several good T-storms over the past 2 weeks though.. on a few other notes, did see several Cows with calves and the pot holes have tripled in numbers since I was there three years ago, logging that area big time

28-Jun-19
Raining across alot of the Gila now. Thank God!

29-Jun-19
Thank the Lord! A few more scattered showers about this afternoon.

29-Jun-19
Thank the Lord! A few more scattered showers about this afternoon.

03-Aug-19
Getting poured on down here. Pronghorn opens tomorrow and theres water everywhere. Spot and stalking this yr for sure. Really green already. You Sept guys are blessed this yr for sure.

04-Aug-19
Ruidoso got doused today

04-Aug-19
The monsoons have hit. For the last five nights in a row it has been raining at my house from about 7 on past midnight . Nice drenching rain and not the usual gully washers. I have a good view to the west and can see the clouds move in over the San Mateo Mountains all the way to Mount Taylor.

No bike riding so I have had to either use my tread climber or go to the gym. I think sitting waterholes is not going to work this year.

• Sitka Gear