Gobbler 11-Jul-19
Babysaph 11-Jul-19
Gobbler 12-Jul-19
Babysaph 12-Jul-19
JayD 13-Jul-19
07-Jun-19
Wanton Waste law went into effect today

08-Jun-19
Good law. Going to be hard to enforce though.

08-Jun-19
Nothing is going to stop poaching completely, but it’s an added deterrent. High fines and loss of hunting privileges for 5 years will deter some. A conviction of wanton Waste combined with enhanced penalties depending on size of buck could put fine over 5000.00 dollars and loss of hunting license for 5 years . 7500.00 if convicted twice.

08-Jun-19
I like the new law but will be very surprised to see it enforced much. Many times poachers are given a break and laws we have are not full enforced.

08-Jun-19
Well it's a good law.

08-Jun-19
Great law....Another tool to use against the poachers....

09-Jun-19
I agree that it's a good law, but I doubt "loss of hunting privileges" will be much of a deterrent for poachers who flaunt the law any way. Now that fine/replacement cost might be.

09-Jun-19
Great law. Thanks!

09-Jun-19
Yea Dave lots of the poachers don't buy a license. I once heard a guy at our archery club say it was cheaper go pay a fine than buy a license year after year. You just can't stop an outlaw. Most don't have the money to pay a big fine either.

09-Jun-19
Yea Dave lots of the poachers don't buy a license. I once heard a guy at our archery club say it was cheaper go pay a fine than buy a license year after year. You just can't stop an outlaw. Most don't have the money to pay a big fine either.

09-Jun-19
While there are some poachers that loss of hunting licenses won’t matter, there are many more that it will effect because they can’t help from seeking the fame from killing a big buck so they can brag about it to friends and on social media. It would be surprising how many arrests are made from social media sites like Facebook.

There have been cases where deer have been shot then “not found” so the hunter can keep hunting for a bigger buck then out of sheer luck the previous buck found after deer has spoiled and eligible to keep on a “find “ tag. Now, if they want to keep antlers it will have to count against their limit .

09-Jun-19
Am I to understand that if I find a dead head and contact the dnr about getting permission to keep it legally it counts against my tags for the year. Or are you saying that if I shoot one and find it later it counts against my tags. I’ve checked deer in that I’m responsible for week later. I feel that’s my obligation. But if I find a nice rack that I’m not responsible for and want to keep it and contact the dnr why should that count against my tags.

09-Jun-19
A legitimate dead head find can be obtained with a “find” tag from a DNR Officer. But if someone hits a deer and finds it 2 days later and wants to keep it it will count against tag limit. I understand there may be a “grey zone “ but the DNR officers have discretion and are smarter than a lot of people think . It’s another tool in their box if they need it . The law had been abused by some in bow only counties and this new law should help with that .

09-Jun-19
A legitimate dead head find can be obtained with a “find” tag from a DNR Officer. But if someone hits a deer and finds it 2 days later and wants to keep it it will count against tag limit. I understand there may be a “grey zone “ but the DNR officers have discretion and are smarter than a lot of people think . It’s another tool in their box if they need it . The law had been abused by some in bow only counties and this new law should help with that .

09-Jun-19
Okay. I see what your saying. Will be interesting to see the how this plays out.

09-Jun-19
To help combat ground shrinkage when the buck limit is one and the rut isn’t over yet

10-Jun-19
I hate when I walk up on what I think is a 6” spike and he is only 4”. Makes me just want to just walk off and leave it.

11-Jun-19
How many states have wanton waste laws? It's our job as a sportsman to use as much meat as possible because it's the right thing to do.

12-Jun-19
Totally agree. I just thought everyone did that. But I love the meat .

09-Jul-19
What does the law actually say? Do hunters now have to bring out the whole deer?

09-Jul-19
“ I hate when I walk up on what I think is a 6” spike and he is only 4.”

Lol

11-Jul-19
JR, not whole deer but edible meat

11-Jul-19
Ok thanks so we can still cut it up and bring it out and leave the bones behind.,? Thanks

12-Jul-19
Yes

12-Jul-19
Thanks .

13-Jul-19
What about the heart and liver and such things?

• Sitka Gear