huntnfish43 12-Jun-19
Tweed 12-Jun-19
CaptMike 12-Jun-19
Franklin 12-Jun-19
Franklin 12-Jun-19
Chief2 12-Jun-19
Geitz 13-Jun-19
12-Jun-19
I'm looking at getting a new grinder as the one I have had for years is simply undersized and I feel like I'm wasting too much time grinding and feeding it. Curious as to if any of you have experience with the Carnivore? (Looking at the 1.0 HP or possibly the one step up, the 1.5 HP.)

12-Jun-19
No able bodied person should use a motorized meat grinder.

You should be using a hand crank with no reduction to make it crank easier.

12-Jun-19
It shouldn't matter how you grind your meat as we are all seeking a common goal....ground meat. If we continue to fight among ourselves, it only allows the anti- meat grinding vegetarians make rules that deter our meat grinding. ... Personally, I like the ProCut KMG-32 220V 3-ph Meat Grinder and Mixer 7.5 HP #32

12-Jun-19
You can't go wrong with the Cabalas meat processing equipment. Just make sure you get the extended warranty. Also if you are making sausage you may want to consider the Meat mixer that attaches to the front of the grinder. I will say this much for the average person the Carnivore is more than enough to grind a camps worth of venison in short time.

Geitz that 220V 3-phase 7.5 HP how do you afford the electric bill?

12-Jun-19
Why would you grind meat. You think you're better than everyone else? Bunch of elitist.

Eat steak like real men.

12-Jun-19
Duke, I have a Hobart commercial grinder I bought second hand from a store that sells used equipment. Do not remember the model or HP but it goes through it about as fast as I can put it in. Might be an alternative for you to look for something like this.

12-Jun-19
A 1hp will handle most home grinding even if you do a lot of it. Getting the 1.5hp will probably guarantee you won`t need to buy another in your lifetime.

If you are a serious grinder or sausage maker get the 1.5hp.

12-Jun-19
A 1hp will handle most home grinding even if you do a lot of it. Getting the 1.5hp will probably guarantee you won`t need to buy another in your lifetime.

If you are a serious grinder or sausage maker get the 1.5hp.

12-Jun-19
Bump, trying to get rid of the crossbow threads

13-Jun-19
"Geitz that 220V 3-phase 7.5 HP how do you afford the electric bill?" At night, running an extension cord from neighbors outside outlet.

• Sitka Gear