BruceP 13-Jun-19
Tekoa 13-Jun-19
Notme 13-Jun-19
longbeard 13-Jun-19
spike78 15-Jun-19
12-Jun-19

Belchertown Bowman's embedded Photo
Hello to some of my old friends on this forum,..

I promised when I left a while ago to come back in the spring and give you all an update on my Clover1 food plot. I hope once again to help you folks and some newbie types that can learn from my experiences, my mistakes and also provide some encouragement along with a laugh or two.

As promised here is my update.

Clover1 where I shot and killed my first bow killed deer last year is going great it has come back on its own with no work, like a trooper! It is growing so well it is scary, weeds barely can compete. Last year I was fighting HorseTail weed with Pi’s advice. Thanks Pi. Clover1 was developed with Hunterma and JP on this site.

Early this spring I also broke ground on Clover2 with Shanation and Seth on this forum other local Belchertown bowmen. We are trying a no till, in the forest hard to get to clover/brassica plot. I used the Jeep to drive in deep and deliver 520 pounds of powder lime and 90 pounds of fast acting lime to the site,.. It is a big site in a private logged area. Its pines though and that leaves me worried. We did our first soil test this last weekend (ya I know do that first LOL ). And we planted in May and we have clover! It appears to have worked.

Lastly, late spring I started on a solo Clover3 site that includes a watering hole. I will be damned if a bear did not try to pull my horse bucket right outta the ground and bring it back to his den. The 40 gallons was too much for him and my watering hole holds!! What follows are the videos of the sites and our antics. Enjoy!!

Here are videos of Clover 1

This is early spring,. April ish It was the first thing to turn green and the deer were all over it.

Here it is just last weekend about 8 inches tall, dense as can be. I did not even work there this year? It just comes back on its own, pretty dang nice!

Clover2, This video is about a month ago and I was unsure what was going on? Shane and I visited last weekend with three other folks and it was indeed clover, growing well. So my suspicions on this video are confirmed. Clover2 is a long skinny site about 150 yards by 20 yards,. About. It is no till as you can see by the debris on the ground. All we did was lime our asses off! So far it is working, but could go to shit at any moment.

Finally here is Clover3 my secret project. I used a piece of plastic to fill a horse watering bucket that I dug into the ground. I just round upped the place recently to kill all and plan to plant this fall.

So here is the bear at C3, he pulls at it with claws, then bites and pulls, then dunks his head in and drinks. Pretty funny. The white on the ground is lime spread a week or 2 earlier. A 2 foot by 4 foot piece of plastic is nearest the cam has filled the trough.

Three food plots has me running around a lot trying to keep up.

Xi,.. you are so right,.. It is addictive and my next fix is just in the next clearing right over there!

LMAO!

PS I do not miss starting my work day with coffee and opening up this forum and being insulted because I am liberal. Folks who do that shit,.. Just grow up for god’s sake this is not high school. You drive away good people like myself. People who insult others over their religious, sexual, or political beliefs are small minded people and honestly I feel sorry for you. I mean if you are gay would you go to a web site where they constantly bash gay people,.. probably not! I used to come here to read fun stuff about bow hunting but a bunch of folks here are just ,.. well you all know.

I do appreciate the many friends and good folks I have met on this forum though, you all rock!

Catch you all in the fall when I look over the Meat Poll thread,.. Is that what the thread was called? :)

BB,..

aka,.. Mud Man,.. oh what a hoot that adventure was!

Hunt On!!!!

Off topic: my Shitaki Log Farm has worked out really well

12-Jun-19

12-Jun-19

Clover plot backstrap

12-Jun-19
You were doing great until you unloaded your ps bs.

12-Jun-19
Plots and dinner look awesome! Looking forward to hearing how the "plot thickens" so to speak, and how the hunting goes in the fall.

12-Jun-19
Haha no kiddin. Happy you’re plots are doing good! No political BS as of late till you came in hot with your last couple paragraphs!!! Common denominator...... good luck this year B.B. hope u get a whopper

12-Jun-19
No pics of me 25 feet up ?!

13-Jun-19
Pi, I literally was just playing on food plot, and how it grows and develops, with stuff like clover and other greens. No deeper meanings.

13-Jun-19
So in the bear video, is the 2nd one over on the right a cub? Couldn't really tell the size.

You should do well this fall. Good luck.

13-Jun-19
Just ignore the threads or posts that are going places you don't want to go. My lesson that I always remember happened years ago after my grandmother passed away. We were working on her home for resale and under the linoleom flooring there were old newspapers, from probably the twenties. People were complaining about taxes. There was a ethnic cleasing or two happening somewhere. There were issues in the middle east. So the reality is nothing changes. The world and the economy plods along and ebbs and flows. The pendulum swings from clinton, to bush, to obama, to trump and will swing back again. Not much we as individuals can do about it. I hunt, I fish I vote and as Waylon says I never intentionally hurt anyone.

13-Jun-19

Notme's Link
https://youtu.be/QtTR-_Klcq8

For you PI..lol

13-Jun-19
Pi I always feel so slighted and emasculated when I read or talk to some whining libtard. Then I read your responses...thank you

15-Jun-19
Good luck out there this year BB!

• Sitka Gear