Franzen 19-Jun-19
awh302 19-Jun-19
awh302 19-Jun-19
BOHUNTER09 19-Jun-19
Lynn Wilcox 19-Jun-19
BOHUNTER09 22-Jun-19
BOHUNTER09 08-Jul-19
12-Jun-19
I’m hearing a lot of fields are not being planted this year because it was too wet. As of now my field will not be planted which sucks but I do have some decent bedding areas by me to keep the deer close. What about you guys?

13-Jun-19
In Marion county where im from crops are getting planted, most are very late. There will be some prevent plant, which means they wont have crops, but have the option for the farmer to plant cover crops, so maybe that will be more food for the critters. I farm also and have most everything planted, do have a few acres that are still too wet, so when it gets dry enough, i will plant a cover crop or get ground ready and get wheat or rye in early.

13-Jun-19
That’s crazy because I’m in Marion County as well and my farmer is telling me he might have to make an insurance claim for what he couldn’t plant. I’ll check in a couple weeks.

14-Jun-19
Crops are mostly planted in central IL, but very late.

Also plan for a very late harvest, due to very late planting & cool temps so far

14-Jun-19

15-Jun-19
I’m in southeast Illinois. 95 percent done around here. Most people were glad to get the 1 inch of rain today. Lots of nice stands of corn and beans but a month late

18-Jun-19
There are a lot of farmers still planting up here in Northern IL. Most were done by last week though.

18-Jun-19
Probably planted 100 day seed instead of 110 day seed for corn. Guy I talked to said they have a lower yield on the 100 day but gotta be better than nothing.

19-Jun-19
I'm sure there will be plenty of insurance claims. There is still a fair amount of unplanted ag land in my area. Farmers actually got lucky with a decent window of a about a week near the beginning of this month. Had that not happened, my area was looking real bad. Corn planting was about 5-6 weeks behind average. Beans are not as far behind, but will likely see an uptick in acreage where some will replace locations that they expected to plant in corn.

19-Jun-19
I heard my farmer was going to make an insurance claim but that was said by the neighbor. I’ll give him a call next week to check for sure. This was the year he plants winter wheat so I wonder if he’ll still do that.

19-Jun-19

19-Jun-19
6.6 inches of rain since Friday. Anything not planted will be really late

19-Jun-19
5.7" since Saturday........the last thing we needed.......8^(

22-Jun-19
Now at 8.0 inches in the past week. Needs to stop.

08-Jul-19
Drove rte 50 to St. Louis today. From just west of olney to west of Salem there are thousands of acres not planted and laying wet. Hardly any crops looking good along there.

• Sitka Gear