BC 15-Jun-19
Dthfrmabove 15-Jun-19
drslyr 15-Jun-19
Wapiti or Bust 19-Jun-19
lunker 19-Jun-19
Dthfrmabove 20-Jun-19
Huntskifishcook 20-Jun-19
13-Jun-19
What are you guys doing to prepare for the deer season that will be here before we know it? Scouting? Food plots like BB? Setting stands? Fine tuning equipment? Setting cams?

I started pouring over maps for the first time in a while tonight. I think I had spread myself too thin across multiple pieces of land the last few seasons. Due to a newly found turkey obsession I'm already behind schedule. I'm planning to focus on breaking down two large chunks of State land this year, both of which I hunted a couple times last year, but not as systematically as I'm hoping to do this season.

For some reason I had written off some of these larger portions of State land, thinking they had to be over hunted, especially here in Eastern MA. I had a camera soak over a creek crossing used both by people and deer for the entirety of last season, I was surprised to see only one hunter on that cam prior to gun season. This spot is no more than a quarter mile from the parking area and for whatever reason its not just not being hunted. Go in a mile from that same parking area and there is absolutely no human sign. My buddy and I were jumping deer all over the place during the last week of turkey season.

So, what are guys doing or planning to do?

13-Jun-19

drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
Nice and warm....coal
drslyr's embedded Photo
Nice and warm....coal
Funny you should ask. Heading up to camp to check out the cabin. My pal and I went late winter to prune and fertilize the apple trees we planted 2 yrs ago. Gotta weed wack around the whole camp and around the apple trees. Had planned on installing 3 new windows but my helper cant make it this wk end. Gonna check permanent stands and lay down 3 or 6 cams to start to see what we got to hunt for this yr. Spent the big bucks on lithium batteries. Gotta spend the big bucks to get the big bucks.... See what I did there...he he he... yup those lithiums are expensive but they will last the whole season. Got me a spy point ima gonna throw out over a community scrape that I found a couple yrs. back. That should produce some interesting footage. Its so Kool to have a cam out and your at work 350 miles away and you get an email and there he stands right at the spot. Frustrating too cuz there you are at work during the season and there he stands 350 miles away while your at work..... See what I did there...he he he ........ Got all the video cams charged up for those early morning drive arounds filming deer. Leaving in the am for the 5 hr drive.....Shud I do a live hunt. or a video? I can call it "This ol shack".... See what I did there.....he he he....

13-Jun-19

drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo

13-Jun-19

drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo

13-Jun-19

drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo

13-Jun-19

drslyr's embedded Photo
Walk by me when I'm up the tree!!! This is the community scrape
drslyr's embedded Photo
Walk by me when I'm up the tree!!! This is the community scrape

13-Jun-19

drslyr's embedded Photo
Walkin up the driveway
drslyr's embedded Photo
Walkin up the driveway

13-Jun-19

drslyr's embedded Photo
Lookie lookie who's at the community scrape
drslyr's embedded Photo
Lookie lookie who's at the community scrape

13-Jun-19
ok I'm done............For now

14-Jun-19
I have some cams out to see what growing for racks. Other than that my stands are ready. If u have spots your going to put stands up I’d be on that before it’s 90 degrees and I would get all the trimming done now.

14-Jun-19
I have a couple of cams out. I need to get a few more out over the next couple of weeks to my main spots just to see what's going on... for something to do... I generally don't really start running them until the 4th of July and start checking mid August.

14-Jun-19
Going to replace straps on all my stands make sure they’re still safe and hunt the same spots as last year. Cams gotta go out soon have had no time lately. Can’t wait for the fall tho

14-Jun-19
Refining some mods on my mobile setup, trying to toe the line between weight, comfort and versatility. Adding a couple of components to be able to hang my set as a hang on or saddle setup depending on needs in the moment, wind, trees available etc. Playing w gear is fun lol. Tried a couple scouting trips the past few weeks but the skeeters drove me off fairly quick. I have refined a couple areas and added some from this winter's forays.

14-Jun-19
Going to replace straps on all my stands make sure they’re still safe

Best advice you can get there!

14-Jun-19
Hoping to place cam's soon... But right now, I've been reviewing locations on aerials/maps to fine tune my locations and better understand areas that are newer to me - or to better understand why the movement I witnessed the past few years occurred so I could unravel those situations better this fall.

14-Jun-19
Love n this thread ! new bow last year {love it}new sight new release im still workin with that but really like them,still shooting for form at 20.New fmj today.My old stands will b great again they need nothing.Had 3 new stands scouted during the winter and hung and cut lanes also in the winter.Got one left and it goes up tomorrow mayb sun it will b cooler teps cut lanes then I have a couple of stands for every wind . Its gonna b a hell of a year! I cant wait !

15-Jun-19
I don’t normally get into the woods until August as most of my spots are repeats. I do get excited though. Already dreaming about the fall. Will prep my gear and shoot many arrows between now and then. This year begins in September, CT and WY.

15-Jun-19

Dthfrmabove's embedded Photo
Dthfrmabove's embedded Photo
Not even thinking about the woods till September. Too many other options available

15-Jun-19

drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
Snuck up on this little guy yesterday

19-Jun-19
I went fishing caught 19 sea bass with my brothers and dad. I set up my cam and made a tiny food plot for the first time. In July I have a list of permission to ask. I might get some cheap cameras for my big spot I don’t know. And practicing archery.

19-Jun-19
Stabin cabin

20-Jun-19
Pi

You can’t have a stabbin cabin when you have people in the chest freezer in your basement. You are pulling double duty. No fair!!!!

20-Jun-19
Good stuff guys! I've been balls to the wall, busy but I might have time to get into the woods for a couple hours tomorrow, maybe even build some arrows tomorrow night.

• Sitka Gear