Josh22 14-Jun-19
Deanmann 14-Jun-19
Moons22 15-Jun-19
Steveeg 15-Jun-19
Steveeg 15-Jun-19
Arrownoob 18-Jun-19
drslyr 18-Jun-19
14-Jun-19
Hi guys, I’ve been creeping around on here for a year now. Finally joined, seems like a great group, ive learned a lot already. Deanman knows who I am, I’ve hunted with him a couple times. I’ve been hunting for 6 years, FINALLY got my first deer last season on last day of shotgun, 128lb doe. An amazingly rewarding experience. Now I’m hooked for life. I really fell in love with bow hunting the past couple years, only hunting from the ground but have seen some really amazing stuff. Really close to a big buck once, never got a shot. Passed on a couple of small young deer too. Lots of turkeys walking right past me. Well I have never hunted from a stand partly due to fear of heights, I think I’m getting over that and really want to buy my first climber. I’m looking at a Summit Viper with the footrest. Do any of you use this stand and have any feedback? Thanks!

14-Jun-19
Summit viper great stand for the money. I have had one for 20 years no problems. If you can afford it Loggy Bayou sit and climber combo is simply outstanding. Lighter, easier to pack

14-Jun-19
Been hunting out of a summit Viper for probably 15 years now. I bet I have close to 1,000 hours in it. Could not be any happier with it.

14-Jun-19
I think it's hard to beat a Summit for cost and function. I have a Bushmaster, which I got in the early 00's and it's going strong! Some folks love Lone Wolf, and they do look great, but are solidly more expensive and some folks claim they are less comfy. They are lighter than most summit's though.

All that said, I still err to Summit, again, price/function... It's a good purchase.

14-Jun-19
i use a Summit Viper as well. I like it.

14-Jun-19
I used a summit viper for a couple years and liked it alot. I haven't tried any other climbers though, so I can't offer a comparison. I'm just 6 years in also and completely hooked. Congrats on your deer!!

14-Jun-19
I'm a lone wolf guy but the summits are very nice as well. My suggestion for whatever brand you go with is to go minimal and light. The biggest, most comfortable stand won't do you any good if it's too heavy and you never want to use it. Don't be lured in by extra features, every pound counts! If I was buying a climber today I'd go with Lone Wolf's Assault Hand Climber "Combo" at 14.7 lbs instead of the LW Wide Flip Top combo (21 lbs) that I bought years ago. I like it a lot but just too heavy! Good luck, be safe and practice with whatever you buy before the season.

14-Jun-19
You wont go wrong with the Viper. Only two complaints against it...........easy to fall asleep in and a little bulky when packed but a great stand.

14-Jun-19
I hate to beat the saddle thing into the ground, but I'm going to go ahead anyway. I have what I've referred to in the past as an aversion to heights as well, but seriously it's a bit worse than an aversion. On road trips I'll map out routes that often take me a couple of hours out of my way to avoid high bridges. I started hunting out of a saddle with climbing sticks and it's so much more comfortable. Something about facing the tree, and using ropes and harnesses rated for thousands pounds, has put me at ease. Just food for thought. Welcome to the site, it sounds like you've had your fair share of excitement already. Good luck!

14-Jun-19
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback! I forgot to mention my 3 year old son and 6 year old daughter love the venison and request it.

14-Jun-19
Welcome aboard Josh! Was wondering when you were going to sign up. I have 2 summit vipers. I bought one brand new 2 years ago but I still like my old one better. Try my new one first see if you like it. I will send you a PM

15-Jun-19
I bought a viper off someone on here. Great stand. Buy a 2 man ladder stand as well and bring the kids out! Good luck this fall

15-Jun-19
Make sure you get the aluminum summit not the cheap heavy steel one. Buy it now and practice with it enough that you can quietly get up the. Tree in the dark. Work out.a proces that you can repeat quietly and not fumble around like I did for a bit. Anywhere near me? I’ll share a few of my steps

15-Jun-19
Make sure you get the aluminum summit not the cheap heavy steel one. Buy it now and practice with it enough that you can quietly get up the. Tree in the dark. Work out.a proces that you can repeat quietly and not fumble around like I did for a bit. Anywhere near me? I’ll share a few of my steps

18-Jun-19
Josh- welcome. I’m a new hunter learned a lot here. I have a lone wolf I echo hunterma go light. I did the saddle demo with these guys I’m just not 100% sold yet. I am happy w lone wolf but with the saddle you have way more options. I might buy 2 fixed stands this year, I’m not sure. Stay in touch- can’t wait for season to start!

18-Jun-19
Gotta say i was a lone wolf psycho. I own 4 and have used them for about 35 or 40 yrs... losing track of time. Since i started saddle hunting with the kestral and Mantis my wolves havnt left the garage even once.

• Sitka Gear