Sitka Gear
Relocating
Tennessee
Contributors to this thread:
Miah 18-Jun-19
18-Jun-19
Was curious as to what the hunting is like in and around the Memphis area or just east of there. I currently live in Kansas and have been giving some thought to moving closer to my sister who lives in Collierville. If I do move there, It will likely be east and or north of Memphis, possibly Olive Branch. I don't want in on anyone's spots, not really interested in pay to hunt clubs and I recon some of the public ground is ok, but probably not worth the effort if it is like it is here. I am a middle aged guy in my 40s and I do hunt with a crossbow due to a torn bicep and having had quadruple bypass a couple years ago. My strength has deteriorated some and haven't used my compound in awhile. I also like rifle hunting as well. My primary interests are deer hunting as it is my primary source of red meat. My diet changed a lot after my surgery. I still eat meat, just very little and the meat I do consume is primarily deer and poultry. I expect the deer aren't quite as big as they are here, but probably more plentiful. My true love though is turkey hunting. I am a shed hunting machine as well. I will walk miles looking. If I end up moving, it could be the end of my hunting life style which is tough for me to wrap my mind around. But its important to me to get close to the last of my family. I still want to keep going, especially for turkeys. My deer hunting days are probably getting numbered. I am used to hunting private ground here where I can use a 4 wheeler to retrieve deer easily, move stands and so forth. I am willing to do the leg work for private ground as I have access to nearly 3000 acres here. I am getting older now, so I am slowing down. Still love to go, just wondering what the experience was like in West Tennessee

• Sitka Gear