Brad Gehman 15-Jul-19
RC 16-Jul-19
Brad Gehman 16-Jul-19
RC 16-Jul-19
Brad Gehman 16-Jul-19
Vonfoust 17-Jul-19
20-Jun-19

DanWesson357's Link
On Tuesday, June 18th, Senate Bill #147 passed the Senate Appropriations Committee by a vote of 20-4. This SMALL victory came about as a result of Senator Dan Laughlin's willingness to compromise and amend the Bill giving the PA Game Commission authority to allow Sunday Hunting on ONLY 3 Sundays. This was the ONLY way to get this SB #147 out of the Appropriations Committee. Otherwise, it would have died in this committee and hunters would have ZERO Sundays to hunt big game. Please understand that this legislative process is EXACTLY why ALL Hunters should support the PA Game Commission having the regulatory authority to set seasons and bag limits. These 3 days were not decided by any logic, science or game management ideals. Instead just politicians and various interest groups making decisions for hunters.

I ask ALL of you to join some sort of Sportsman, Hunting or Conservation organization. One thing I have certainly learned during this process is that NUMBERS and MONEY matters. ALL HUNTERS MUST COME TOGETHER and join STATE Organizations to effect positive PRO-HUNTING legislation. I don't care which Pennsylvania Pro-Hunting Organization you join BUT JOIN SOMETHING...Please.

The organizations I belong to will continue to fight for more Sundays and will not stop until the PA Game Commission has complete Regulatory Authority on Sunday Hunting.

Please consider Joining...United Bowhunters of PA, PA Federation of Sportsmen and Conservation and Hunters United for Sunday Hunting. These organizations will fight for hunters.

20-Jun-19

DanWesson357's Link
United Bowhunters of PA. If not a member please consider joining. You membership ensures that dedicated hunters are representing bowhunting at the PA Game Commission and the PA Legislature. As well as numerous other amazing events that include involving youth and disabled hunters. A worthy organization for certain.

20-Jun-19

DanWesson357's Link
Pennsylvania Federation of Sportsman and Conservationists.The Pennsylvania Federation of Sportsmen and Conservationists is the Sportsmen’s Advocate

Sportsmen don’t have time to deal with irrational anti-hunters & legislators. They are too busy doing what they love to do! The PFSC provides leadership and advocacy for the enhancement of our fish and wildlife resources for the benefit of all hunters, trappers, anglers and conservationists.

Your support allows us to be your eyes and ears by having full-time “boots on the ground” in the halls of the PA State Capitol, and it ensures that we have the tools and resources needed to accomplish our missions effectively and efficiently.

Invest in the protection of our outdoor heritage, our resources and our 2nd Amendment Rights by joining PFSC!

Our Mission To protect and conserve Pennsylvania’s natural resources, outdoor heritage and 2nd Amendment Rights.

Another Worthy Organization.

20-Jun-19

DanWesson357's Link
Hunters United for Sunday Hunting - HUSH. Dedicated group of hunters who work tirelessly to fight for the right to Hunting on Sunday in PA.

20-Jun-19

DanWesson357's Link
Local Harrisburg News report out of Harrisburg.

20-Jun-19
Thanks Tom! I would say it is MORE than a small victory! ;-)

20-Jun-19
PA Long Bow. The three days are simply an arbitrary number that the Pa farm Bureau demanded in order to stay neutral on this Bill. The Farm Bureau controlled a VERY few key Republican votes-- Vogel, Mensch and Argall. Mensch and Argall voted yes for 147 after the 3 day Amendment and Vogel was still a No Vote. The ONLY way to get this bill out of Appropriations was to knock it down to 3 days. No at all what we wanted but better than having it die in appropriations.

I think hunters are ALWAYS under a micro-scope and the moment a hunter breaks the law by trespassing they are no longer a hunter but instead a trespasser. The term "hunter" implies that the person hunting is following ALL laws and accepted ethics. It is the hunter's responsibility to know the property lines and boundaries where they have permission to hunt. Unless they are hunting on Public Land that allows hunting, the hunter must take the responsibility of having permission from the land owner to hunt. Hunters don't trespass...Trespassers trespass. Hunters don't poach, poachers poach. Hunters don't vandalize...vandals vandalize. Hunters don't steal...thieves steal.

I am very happy this bill passed out of Appropriations. BUT BUT BUT it still needs to pass the full Senate and then go over and do ALL of the same on the House of Reps side of the legislature. Then if it passes all of that it will go to the Gov. So please take some time and call your Senators this week. Looks like the Senate votes on 147 next Tuesday or Wednesday.

27-Jun-19

DanWesson357's Link
Passed the Senate Yesterday 36-14. Now on to the House of Representatives. Please call the House members of the Game and Fisheries committee.

27-Jun-19
Awesome, thanks Dan.

27-Jun-19
You are very welcome. If you have time please start calling Reps in the Game and Fisheries Committee.

28-Jun-19
Aren't the PFS a no doe killing, no more deer left guys? I remember a group suing the PGC a bit ago, wasn;t it these guys?

29-Jun-19
That' PFSC. Your thinking of the PA spike hunters group who do not shoot does.

30-Jun-19
Hes thinking of unified....

30-Jun-19
yes, Unified Spike hunters of PA

30-Jun-19
They certainly are an 'informed' bunch. Look how well they are doing with CWD!

01-Jul-19
Not sure what you’d expect them to do but I believe they are doing as much as possible.

01-Jul-19
FYI Berks County residents... Judy Schwank was a NO vote, she obviously feels that she represents the Farm Bureau more than she does you...

01-Jul-19
Haven't heard anything about USP in years. Are they still around?

01-Jul-19
Dat's right, the no doe killing anti PGC group.. MY bad.

01-Jul-19
Theres a landowner on a FB page for the PGC. The landowner permits hunting by permission 6 days a week, even listed it with the PGC office so others can use it, but will shutdown his property on Sunday as he is not pro-sunday hunting.

He is being attacked and threatened online by many hunters suggesting every pro- sunday guys to flood his property 6 day a week. Absolutely shameful.

02-Jul-19
yeah...that doesn't help the cause....full Sunday support here but also, full landowner rights support too....

02-Jul-19
How do you know they are PRO Sunday hunting? Maybe it's a bunch of ANTI-sunday hunting folks just trying to make trouble before the final vote???!!!

I agree it is despicable either way! Just too bad folks can't disagree anymore AND be civilized! : (

02-Jul-19
That's terrible. I'm as pro-Sunday hunting as one can get. That is just plain stupid.

02-Jul-19
Ron x 2.

02-Jul-19
I dont know why Im shocked by this.....

02-Jul-19

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo
Those are 308 casings, Ron:)

05-Jul-19
Sorry but as a UBP member I am not in favor of Sunday hunting.

05-Jul-19
That's your right to not be in favor of Sunday Hunting.

The UBP poll on Sunday hunting indicates the majority of members are in favor of it.

06-Jul-19
Three days. Big whoop. I don’t get why everyone is concerned with the trespassing on a Sunday. If someone is going to trespass they are not going to care what day it is. If I have permission to hunt someone property I will ask them about Sunday and respect there answer. I want to be able to hunt Sunday. You can do anything else 7 days a week. I pay a lot of money every year for hunting and fishing license that helps pay for game lands and state forest. Who is the farm Bureau to decide that we can’t use the land we pay for as hunters. I’m a UBP member and deeply appreciate the work they do to get us what we have it is just frustrating that state is behind the times with everyone else. Thank you for letting me vent for a minute.

06-Jul-19
Ah ya looked into the crystal ball again?

07-Jul-19
Yes it is lacking.

And stiffer penalties in fines or jail time would be sweet.

07-Jul-19
Pa Longbow- So what your saying is that because of the trespassing issue we can’t hunt on Sundays. I guess it’s just me being dumb or just not up on thing as much as I should but I don’t get it. So what do they think happens during the rest of the week or in the seasons we have now. I do agree that there should be stiffer penalties for trespassing and for poaching. Maybe I would like to be able to hunt my local state game land that I help pay for or the 190,000 acres of Bald Eagle State forest the my camp sits in. Those places are open for public recreation on Sundays. Hunting just happens to be my recreation. I do believe that trespassing is a huge problem but as for being the root cause of no Sunday hunting I’m not so sure I believe that. I think it goes back to Sunday should be a day of rest and I get it and respect people that feel that way but the only people that I see having a day of rest is the Amish up where my camp is.

07-Jul-19
If this has been posted and I missed it, my apologies, but has it been decided which 3 Sundays it will be?

07-Jul-19
It hasn't been determined but one must be in deer rifle, one in statewide archery season and one that the PGC can set.

07-Jul-19
Hopefully the Sunday during archery season will be November 10th.

08-Jul-19
Your right, I don’t know how frustrating it can be but to me the trespassing problem that people may have and allowing people to hunt on Sunday is two different issues or is it that the one day out of the week we can’t hunt allows the land owner to not have to deal with it.

08-Jul-19
I don't think Sunday hunting is going to change anything. Those who want to hunt find a way to hunt. As far as posting property a lot of land owners around here started posting when they put out so many Doe tags. They posted because there were so many Doe killed they wanted to save a few. Now I can travel miles through prime deer country with property mostly posted with no one hunting during hunting season even on Saturdays. I used to be able to hunt most of Mercer county when I was a youngster, now I only have a couple of places to hunt. Sunday hunting isn't going to change anything.

08-Jul-19
Got my hunting liscense for rifle , archery, flintlock all for a cheap price of 49 dollars , I can hunt from Sept to feb, 6 days a week , you got 6 months to hunt.

08-Jul-19
You must be retired, Shawn! ;-)

Most of us working stiffs are lucky to get one day per week to hunt. If we got Sundays it would DOUBLE the opportunity!

08-Jul-19
Got my license for nothing:)

Do it every year..

08-Jul-19
Ron: Has the Farm Bureau stated that they would support Sunday hunting if the trespassing laws were meaningfully stiffened? If so, I can't understand why the legislature would oppose such changes. Who are they trying to protect? It seems that this issue can be solved in 15 minutes... just like the immigration issue.

08-Jul-19
Why is the Farm Bureau making this decision and not the PGC.

09-Jul-19
Ron I agree, but I would like to hear an explanation from my representative as to why they don't support stiffer trespassing laws. I will be asking that question. I can't for the life of me come up with a legitimate reason. I will probably wait until after the bill is voted on though.

09-Jul-19
I believe this is just the issue the FB can use right now. I am of the opinion that if the state legislature were to pass a bill allowing for a $10,000 fine and loss of a limb for a first trespass offense the Farm Bureau would then find another issue to cling to before they ever supported Sunday hunting.

09-Jul-19
I believe this is just the issue the FB can use right now. I am of the opinion that if the state legislature were to pass a bill allowing for a $10,000 fine and loss of a limb for a first trespass offense the Farm Bureau would then find another issue to cling to before they ever supported Sunday hunting.

I know Ron would:)

09-Jul-19
No I'm not retired rut nut, I work in a steel mill my record is 78 days straight with not a day off, but I find time to hunt. Most of my shifts are 8 hours , I've got 3pm to dark till the time changes.

09-Jul-19
Bottom line is you get to hunt 6 days a week w/out taking time off from work. Most guys (that work a 9-5 job) can’t do that. So for us, adding Sundays would DOUBLE our hunting time. But I guess you could care less, since you can hunt 6 days/wk! ;-)

09-Jul-19
I'm not against sunday hunting, but how many more deer will be harvested in rifle season if they allow sunday hunting, I bow hunt and rifle hunt but enjoy archery alot more , and I enjoy flintlock hunting, and I know it would make the rifle hunters mad but I would like to see them open sundays for archery only but that won't happen.

10-Jul-19
That's a totally different issue. Deer population is controlled by doe tag allotment.

10-Jul-19
I know it would make the rifle hunters mad but I would like to see them open sundays for archery only but that won't happen.

Why is that, because we bow hunters are special?

10-Jul-19
I'm just worried what it will do to the deer herd. I know they control harvest with doe tags . If they open sundays all through rifle you don't think any extra deer will be harvested. And yes I'm for sunday hunting in archery but not rifle.

10-Jul-19
Archery season is more like like archery/muzzleloader/rifle /crossbow season. Maybe we can try and get out days back that we have to share with gun hunters. Rifle hunters have their own season why does archery season get butchered up. When I'm bowhunting I don't want have some rifle going around me. Nothing against rifle hunters because I am one myself but I think they should be separate. So let bowhunters have Sundays to make up the time we share.

11-Jul-19
They'll shoot a few more deer with an extra Sunday or 2, but it's not gonna be a slaughter! I heard the same thing the year before they went concurrent with buck and doe. Everybody was screaming that the kill was gonna go thru the roof if you let guys shoot bucks AND doe. But it didn't happen.

12-Jul-19
Too many deer now out there, the herd needs trimmed down 20% more.

12-Jul-19
How do you figure that ?

12-Jul-19
Ron Vought said so.

12-Jul-19
I’m sorry but I don’t know who that is.

13-Jul-19
Roy must be really bored! He’s stirring the pot again! : )

Ron is PaLongbow ;-)

13-Jul-19
If the Farm Bureau was so concerned about trespass, they would have worked for stiffer penalties in the first place. That said, there is within the trespass laws an Agricultural Trespass provision that does give stiffer penalties for trespass on farms.

The trespass issue is a smoke screen

13-Jul-19
Those concerned with over harvest needn't be.

The first year of full Sunday hunting in West Virginia, the harvest actually declined a little.

The PGC is ready for this. It's not rocket science.

47 other states have SH and manage quite well. The sky is not going to fall.

13-Jul-19
For the 20 some years I have been looking in on this forum, Ron has generally been wrong about everything. His sky is always falling. And on this subject he is wrong as well.

13-Jul-19
Maybe Ron should change his username to CHICKEN LITTLE?! ;-)

13-Jul-19
"Know It All"

or

"Crystal Ball Ropn"

13-Jul-19
Ya know Ron, we still sell alcohol in spite of the fact that someone will get drunk and kill someone. Please, don't dictate what I can do on MY land because of what MIGHT happen on yours.

OMG, LETS CLOSE ARCHERY SEASON BECAUSE SOMEONE MIGHT KILL TWO BUCKS.

14-Jul-19
Chicken Little, that's it, thanks Rut. The other day while reading this thread I was thinking of the Sky is Falling story. For the life of me I could not think of Chicken Little. All I could come up with was Henny Penny.

14-Jul-19

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo

14-Jul-19
You’re welcome Jethro! ;-)

LMBO Roy! : ) The world according to Ron...............

14-Jul-19
Not in my mind they won't.

Only if you let it bother you.

They have been around since 700 BC.

Remember when ya called compound guys lazy slobs?

Just hunt.

14-Jul-19
I went to the PSP with a trespass issue and they helped me identify the atv that was trespassing. They gave me a choice, prosecute or I could go talk to the offender, who was a neighbor. We straightened out the problem, when the neighbor knew I had the goods on him and was willing to prosecute. End of story

14-Jul-19
Gee, imagine THAT! ;-)

15-Jul-19
Ya did good, Amos.

15-Jul-19
Where does Ron live? If he has that much problem with tresspassers then he must have a good place to hunt. :)

15-Jul-19
Well Ron, I had the evidence, they just confirmed ownership of the atv, which I couldn't.

Pictures are worth a 1000 words. Sometimes, you just have to make an example of some folks, and most of the trespassing stops

15-Jul-19
Ron, could you please explain the scenarios in which you have prosecuted trespassers on your ground? How many times...what they were doing...how u prosecuted...what the result was...did the prosecuted offenders repeat there offenses?

Super curious

15-Jul-19
This otta be good!

15-Jul-19
Ron, I have the same issues down here. Be vigilant. Post, patrol, repeat and get photos of them. Reminding them that you do not need their permission to photo them on your property. Let them know any more violations end up at the Police. That does work. We started taking snap shots of them and most have not come back.. But what have you done to prevent them from coming back? Any juicy courthouse brawls?

15-Jul-19
I used to have serious issues with ATVs. Caught some of them, took pics, acted like a whack job you don't wanna mess with and pretty soon, it stopped. I see almost no evidence anymore.

16-Jul-19
Prolly didn't take much acting:)

16-Jul-19
Results are all I care about. :)

16-Jul-19
Heck, you don't even need a mask at Halloween:)

16-Jul-19
True. I jump outta the brush with a John Rambo crossbow, long hair and ponytail. Scares the crap outta them....but effective

17-Jul-19
A simple "I'll see you at the courthouse." has worked wonders for us. Most just paid the fine and we never saw them again.

• Sitka Gear