Thornton 12-Jul-19
Prairie Dog 12-Jul-19
writer 12-Jul-19
Thornton 12-Jul-19
Lucas 13-Jul-19
Prairie Dog 13-Jul-19
jayhawkmarauder 13-Jul-19
23-Jun-19
Just an FYI... and I’m probably the last to know, but they changed the elk application deadline.

Haven’t missed the deadline... until this year.

A little ticked, nothing ever stays the same.

23-Jun-19
Sorry about that. But now I am sure I will have One more valuable bonus point than somebody. Not that it will help at all.

23-Jun-19
My own fault... just went through my emails and they sent out a notification the day before it opened.

It’s been a crazy Spring on the farm and haven’t checked the website regularly, plus I rarely check my email... wonder if they have text notifications?

11-Jul-19
I just got my email telling me about another unsuccessful elk application. This makes 23 or 24 now a few more I'll be to old to hunt them anyway..

12-Jul-19
Keep at it, i started the first year I could, 1990 I think, this year I drew an any elk tag! Anyone with help would be much appreciated!

12-Jul-19
Nice! Send Writer a PM, he'll have some good advice.

12-Jul-19
Thanks!

12-Jul-19
I'm not sure I'll ever apply. Seems more beneficial to just hunt an OTC state like I've been doing. As long as it takes to draw, you'd probably be more likely to find a transient bull and kill him on a statewide tag.

12-Jul-19
Jason do you hunt Colorado? If so what OTC units do you hunt if you don't mind saying?

12-Jul-19
You always have a chance to draw. Every point to get, though, increases your chances. It’s like the first year you apply, you get one raffle ticket. The second year, you get two. The 20th year you get 20. Far from an easy hunt.

12-Jul-19
Why do you ask? I've hunted OTC units out there off and on since 99'

13-Jul-19
Jason, I never thought I would draw, I was fourteen when I started applying and it took a lot of convincing on my part to get my father to put us in for it. Later it it was I understood that the license money is an important part of the department's funding and 12 dollars is a little bit on my part, and you never know... Dad never got to hunt elk here but he enjoyed the thought of it.

13-Jul-19
just curious I've hunted there since 2000 in 27 18 181 and 86. Just wondered what part of the state you were in. No big deal

13-Jul-19
lucas pm sent

• Sitka Gear