Bowhunting 5C 15-Jul-19
John H 15-Jul-19
Rut Nut 15-Jul-19
Brad Gehman 15-Jul-19
Brad Gehman 17-Jul-19
Rut Nut 17-Jul-19
DanWesson357 17-Jul-19
02-Jul-19
Just read an article by Senator Laughlin, that states he is in the process of introducing a new bill to make purchasing a doe license much easier. The license will be able to be purchased thru the PALS system or at the point of purchase where you buy your General hunting license. Let’s hope so!!!

03-Jul-19
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : )

03-Jul-19
Like I said previously, West Virginia surpassed us about 18 years ago. Bought tag, doe tag, printed it out...all in ten minutes. I mean it's West Virginia for Pete's sake....

03-Jul-19
However terrible this process is, can you imagine the lines for those tags? I wonder if the sporting good store will have to pay extra for the porta potties they need to set up for the people camping out to be in line. And have you ever had the pleasure of having the PALS crash just giving out trout licenses? Yeah, good luck with that.

03-Jul-19
John- NY has been doing it this way for YEARS! No lines. And they have about the same # Of hunters as Pa. I know because I have friends just over the border in NY.

03-Jul-19
Perry, ok.. good luck with that... Imagine the picture.... First day doe tags go on sale OTC and traditionally 2G,H sell out first, Every Time. . And you get those guys lining up along with many others to make sure they get one (first come first served).. Imagine the lines.. The doe tag lust is no where what it is here... I mean come on, these threads are filled with worrying day one at 7:30 when they are not processed, and you think they will not line up in front of a store like the Rolling stones drop dead last tour? Your kidding yourself..

03-Jul-19
It doesn't matter when it is done by computer! It is a COMPUTER GENERATED lottery (for the limited management units)! So there is NO First come first served! The guy that goes in on Day 14 has the same chance of getting one as the guy that is first in line on Day 1!

03-Jul-19
I'm gonna get as many pink envelopes as I can this year.

They will be worth big bucks in the years to come:)

03-Jul-19
Get some for the Time Capsule Roy! ;-)

03-Jul-19
LMAO @ Rut.

08-Jul-19
Here you go Ron! ;-)

08-Jul-19
Be careful what you wish for. I bought my licenses online - General License, Archery License, Furtaker License, ML Stamp, Migratory Bird Stamp, & Bear License on 6/17/2019. It's day #22 & I still don't have them.

09-Jul-19
Should be easy once the law is passed.

Bob- that's why I go to an issuing agent. Walk in and walk out in 5 min with it IN HAND! Never had an issue since they switched to PALS! NEVER got it online because I didn't want to make it more complicated and involve another government agency! (USPS ;-)

13-Jul-19
I always buy from an agent, my license it to important to leave to the vagaries of the mail and some out if state vendor. The issues with buying online have long been known. Just don't do it, ever.

14-Jul-19
In some states, you buy your license online, and a copy is kept on your phone, you don't even need the paper copy.

Imagine that!

14-Jul-19
Might be asking a little to much, Brad. After all, this is Pa.

14-Jul-19
Damn you sure are whining this weekend.

Go fly fish and complain about the heat and bugs...

14-Jul-19
Yes, PA is 20 years behind, especially on the Sunday hunting issue.

14-Jul-19
Yup..

15-Jul-19
I don't know what all the complaining is about. I did notice that they changed the size of the pink envelopes this year. Now that is progress. Small steps gentlemen.

15-Jul-19
John, the envelopes were changed last year, but they apparently were only distributed to part of the state! (or some of the issuing agents kept the new ones and distributed what they had left from the previous year. ;-)

15-Jul-19

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo
Envelopes for sale, 10 for $1.oo

15-Jul-19
1950 called and wanted it's game laws back... Lets death clutch those old blue laws and continue to send doe tags to the CT.. Soon, rotary phones will go out of style...

15-Jul-19
Thanks Rut, first time I had seen them. News doesn't travel too fast in Huntingdon Co

15-Jul-19
No problem John. Things must happen a little slower west of the Susquehanna................. heard Somerset Co. was using the old pinks last year too! ;-)

15-Jul-19
They will have to pry my rotary phone from my cold dead hands!

17-Jul-19
Apparently the County Treasurer's association is fighting this. Just saw that on Senator Laughlin's Facebook page.

I sent my pink envelope in yesterday. Might not be my last?

17-Jul-19
I expected as much............................... just hope the Legislators DON'T cave!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17-Jul-19
From Dan Laughlin's Facebook page--- It seems the Pennsylvania Association of Elected County Officials insist on using archaic methods in order for hunters to obtain antlerless tags. They claim that this will take the one dollar per tag fee away from the counties, which on the surface is true. After you factor in the wages and benefits of the county employees required to process these tags, it is no doubt a net loss. When you factor in the $1 dollar processing fee and the postage required for the sportsmen, and also the cost to the Game Commission to print all those pink envelopes, which ultimately come out of the sportsmen’s pocket. The sportsmen and women of this state are paying millions so the county treasurers can do business like it’s 1920. Perhaps this lack of fiscal responsibility and status quo mentality that they are defending is the reason so many counties are struggling financially.

• Sitka Gear