Dale Hajas 03-Jul-19
Red Beastmaster 03-Jul-19
Vonfoust 03-Jul-19
Metikki 04-Jul-19
RC 04-Jul-19
hawkeye in PA 04-Jul-19
BSKED (mobile) 04-Jul-19
02-Jul-19
It is with with reverence that the Frick Family is letting his friends know that Harry Frick died early this morning, July 2, 2019.

Harry Frick, 86, of Apollo, was a very familiar face at most Traditional Archery events throughout Pennsylvania. He had been predominately based at the Chieftain Archers Club, of Leechburg.

Quick to tell some of the best jokes while in the company of friends and fellow Archers, Harry was a person that folks looked forward to seeing. Extremely skilled with a bow and arrow, his manner was not of a boastful man, but of a man genuinely glad share his sport with his fellow Archers. His Fedora style hat, and pipe in hand, we knew Harry was here, and we were in for some belly laughs, and some very good shooting.

Jeff Frick (hawkeye in PA), Harry's son, noted that his Father had surgery two weeks ago, but it was more than his body was able to deal with, in the days following.

The Valley News Dispatch will be the paper to show the full obituary listing for Harry, but as of this evening, no notices had been published online.

Jeff said that the funeral will be this Monday, July 8th, with visitation the preceding Sunday, July 7th.

As details are published, they will be copied to this posting.

Thank you, Harry Frick, for being our longtime friend and fellow Archer....

02-Jul-19
Ah man, that's sad news.

So sorry Jeff.

03-Jul-19
He was a joy to be around. I wish I couldve spent more time shooting the events with The Boss. I only hope when Im 70 let alone 85, that I can still enjoy this sport and have the same effect on others the Mr Frick brought to those that shot along side of him. The Frick family is in our thoughts. God Speed.

03-Jul-19
Oh my. I'm so sorry to hear this.

Jeff, my brother, you and your family are in our prayers.

Harry was "Dad" to all of us. I used to call him that all the time.

03-Jul-19
Sad news. My condolences to all his friends and family.

03-Jul-19
Very sorry for your loss Jeff. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

03-Jul-19
Sorry to hear this. Didn't know him, but sounds like a neat individual. Prayers to the family and friends!

03-Jul-19

HARRY CARRY's embedded Photo
HARRY CARRY's embedded Photo
From the Valley News Dispatch:

Harry C. Frick, 86, of Washington Township, passed away on Tuesday, July 2, 2019, at AHN- Allegheny Valley Hospital, Natrona Heights.

Born June 2, 1933 in Mateer, Pa., he was the son of the late Sherman and Sarah (Houser) Frick.

Harry was a longtime member of Pine Run Community Church, Washington Township. He was a member of the NRA, Vandergrift Sportsman Association, The Chieftan Archery Club, United Bow Hunters of Pennsylvania, and Trout Unlimited.

Harry was an avid reader, and was an avid outdoorsman and loved to hunt and fish.

In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his brother, George Frick.

Harry is survived by his beloved wife, Loretta (Hildebrand) Frick of Washington Township; son, Jeffrey (Deborah) Frick of Washington Township; grandson, Jeremy Frick of Avonmore; granddaughter, Darla (James) Held, of Vandergrift; great-grandchildren, Austin, Tyler, and Jimmy; and several extended family and friends.

Family will receive friends on Sunday, July 7, 2019 from 2 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. in the Curran-Shaffer Funeral Home and Crematory, Inc., 100 Owens View Avenue, Apollo. Funeral service will be held on Monday, July 8, 2019 at 11 a.m. in the funeral home with Pastor Joshua Strunk officiating. Interment will follow at Greenwood Memorial Park, Lower Burrell.

In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the American Cancer Society.

03-Jul-19
Does anyone have a shoot picture with him in it?

03-Jul-19
I thought of Harry all day at work. What a character! So many funny stories.

One night at a bow shoot way down in WV, I about drove Harry nuts as he tried to sleep in his homemade camper. It seems we both had the same battery operated lantern. I was in my tent trying in vain to get my remote control to work. Off, on, off, on, off, on, nothin'! Meanwhile, Harry was getting seriously upset with his lantern going off and on all by itself. He finally cussed and took the battery's out so he could sleep. I had no idea until he told the story the next day. We howled for a long time!

I gathered a few coworkers around and told Harry's famous "Are My Testicles Black?" joke. It brought a great round of laughter! I think he probably got a kick out of it too. :)

Harry and Jeff are members of the Manly Mt Men, we all shoot together at every Strictly Sticks event. Many thousands of arrows were launched, just as many laughs too. They make fun of my purple arrows, but never said a word about Harry's.

We became friends over our shared passion for hunting groundhogs with our traditional bows. Man, that was a long time ago.

Fond memories indeed.

03-Jul-19
Condolences Jeff. Met you a few times that you wouldn't remember, but I do.

04-Jul-19

Metikki's embedded Photo
Metikki's embedded Photo
Metikki's embedded Photo
Metikki's embedded Photo
Thanks Hawkeye for the great pics!

All our thoughts are with you and your family.

04-Jul-19
Great pictures, Dale.

04-Jul-19
Thanks for the responses, we had a great run at it, not only a DAD but also a best friend.

04-Jul-19
Jeff. You and your family are in our prayers. Never met your Dad, but he sounds like an awesome individual. RIP Harry.

• Sitka Gear