Fivers 12-Jul-19
ground hunter 12-Jul-19
Treefarm 13-Jul-19
Fivers 14-Jul-19
Hoot 19-Aug-19
Drop Tine 20-Aug-19
03-Jul-19

skookumjt's Link
The USFWS service is again taking comments on delisting wolves. If you have any opinion one way or another, here is a link to the comments page.

03-Jul-19
and the beat goes on....... never going to change,,,, too many judges, to interfere

03-Jul-19
Ground hunter; X2

03-Jul-19
Thats a poor attitude. I disagree that nothing will ever change. Gotta keep grinding-just like hunting. The Anti's dont give up. I dont know when we will get our wolf season back, but we will. Dont give up the fight!

03-Jul-19
I’ve said many times on this site and more out of this site, changes will have to start at the State level. The State needs to cut any and all funding and support for the wolves. Once that happens, the feds will give the State full control of the management of the wolves. Both have done a good job of giving us lip service and hope for over 10 years and way too many people keep falling for it. Wisconsin was almost there a year ago but, surprisingly to some people... I still don’t see how anyone can keep falling for it, they stopped their process and let the feds take over after more false promises again. Wisconsin needs to take care of this issue by cutting funding and support , that is the only way anything will get done.

03-Jul-19
GH X 3, as long as a judge can legislate from the bench nothing going to change.

03-Jul-19
"GH X 3, as long as a judge can legislate from the bench nothing going to change."

I agree. What really chaps my hide is it's liberal judges that live outside the areas they make decisions about. How in the hell does that even make any sense?

03-Jul-19
I hope it happens

04-Jul-19
Ttt

07-Jul-19
Here is the main issue, for those who do not face reality.... There are 5 advisers to the Federal judges, who than examine what the USFWS submits. 2 of those judges are extremely pro wolf,,,, they have Doctorate degrees, with little to no time in the woods of those areas affected.....

One is from the University of Wisconsin and the other is from Utah,,,,,,,,,, also we have people in Washington DC, who have done nothing for us,,, ( case in point Paul Ryan),,, they talk a good game, but do nothing.....

Sean Duffy from Wisconsin and Tammy Baldwin, are strange bedfellows in this, both could not disagree, more with each other on most issues, however both have fought hard for delisting.......

As far as the advisement group,,,,, talk to me in 5 years, because with the judges set up for this, it will not happen

Right or wrong, there is a reason that local control, is what it has come down too,,,,, and in my area, I am glad it goes on

08-Jul-19
I wish more senate and house members were like Sean. He gets out and talks to people all across his huge district. He understands what the over population of wolf is doing to his district. I have seen wolf crossing roads pretty close to his cabin.

09-Jul-19
Confirmed wolve kills of 12 sheep in wood county in one night.

Once again this confirms wolves kill for more than food.

Our hands are tied as they continue to go uncontrolled.

So frustrating

10-Jul-19
Wisconsin needs to cut any and all funding and enforcement for the current wolf program! That is the only way that Wisconsin will gain control of managing the population here.

10-Jul-19
States cutting funding is the only way it can happen. I don't get what is stopping this from happening.

10-Jul-19
Tiffany has the legislation written to stop the management of them. Not sure what’s stopping him from pulling the trigger? I seen it when he presented it and the idea to the CC wolf committee.

11-Jul-19
I can remember prior to our wolf/hunt/trapping so many folks here grumbling and complaining about no hunt - no trapping - never going to happen!!

Well it did...

And I believe it will again!!

12-Jul-19
Drop Tine-

It was dropped when the Feds gave them lip service and said that they were going to remove them...but surprise, they didn't. Our legislators seem to keep falling for that crap.

12-Jul-19
BT I would not hold my breath, brother,,,,,,, but I am glad you are optimistic, I should have more faith like you,,, ha ha

13-Jul-19
At some point, there has to be realization that the gray wolf population cannot flourish due to post-European settlement. It is futile to continue to try and expand wolf populations into historical range...it cannot happen in many areas because of the parceled landscape. The historical range should NOT be used as a recovery goal. Forcing wolves into areas of marginal habitat is not fair to wolves or those who settled into areas of former wolf habitat in absence of wolves. Wolves have already shown where they can survive and now is time for management at State level to avoid continued conflict. People need to not rule on emotion. The wolf suffers when it has to try and expand into marginal habitat due to territorial instinct. The wolf will continue to be persecuted by those who are affected by depredation. Why not accept wolves have recovered into AVAILABLE habitat...not historical habitat??? This is my take on the matter. So much money is spent on litigation. To think wolves can occupy historical range in full is just ludicrous. This is similar to asking for the return of the pinery before the big cut...it is impossible unless you removes everything that has been built on the landscape! Now imagine removing roadways and farms just to have wolves occupy their historical range.

14-Jul-19
The original goal for Wisconsin was 80 wolves, the original people setting the goal did not want conflict between people and wolves. The original people seemed to know more than those that followed them, many that were for the wolf program are now against it, because of the over population and conflicts.

19-Aug-19
Wolves Attack and Kill a Cow in Crawford County POSTED BY MARKEVENSTAD ON AUGUST 15, 2019 IN LOCAL NEWS Reports say wolves killed a cow in Crawford County this past week. Officials with the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources say the cow was killed Tuesday in Marietta, just north of Boscobel. The attack was verified by the U.S. Department of Agriculture Wildlife Services division. Gray wolves are native to Wisconsin, though they primarily reside in the northern portion of the state. More information about wolves and their predatory activities in the state can be found at DNR.gov. It's now been confirmed wolves killed the cow.

20-Aug-19
I would settle for the current goal of 350.

• Sitka Gear