Ft. Gibson WRP
Oklahoma
Contributors to this thread:
OK Cowboy 10-Jul-19
BigOk 10-Jul-19
OK Cowboy 11-Jul-19
BigOk 20-Jul-19
10-Jul-19
Does anyone have any information on Ft Gibson WRP? I have waterfowl hunted north of Wagoner in the past. My 16 year old daughter drew into the one day archery hunt there, and my 14 year old son drew into the one day youth muzzleloader hunt there. It will be some fun, but not knowing how the setup will be. My daughter has to hunt alone, and will probably be off the ground since I can't go in with her to setup a tree stand. My son may have more options, but I may sit with him in a ground blind.

I am also wondering if they will be able to plant any fields this year with all of the flooding we have seen.

10-Jul-19
Has been years since, I have hunted in there. Go do some scouting, it used to be open up until a certain date in the fall after that the gate will be locked. A lot of deer in this refuge. What dates are the hunts?

11-Jul-19
October 22 for the archery hunt. November 9th for the youth muzzleloader hunt.

20-Jul-19
They will take you in on a utility trailer with benches on it. I would find a food source for the October hunt. The November hunt should very good, don't be afraid to move a short distance if not seeing deer on this hunt.

• Sitka Gear