Rut Nut 09-Sep-19
Teeton 09-Sep-19
huntinelk 09-Nov-19
horsethief51 09-Nov-19
Teeton 09-Nov-19
huntinelk 10-Nov-19
12-Jul-19
Anyone hinting out of state this year?

Im headed to CO in October with a friend from Ohio. We are elk hunting the 2nd rifle season. I also drew a mule deer tag. There are some really nice mule deer in this area and even a few 300 class bulls too.

Ill also be hunting around my home town in Ohio. Ill probably go over the Columbus day weekend, the tail end of our CO hunt, and ML season.

12-Jul-19
Just Maryland...:^(

12-Jul-19
Only in my dreams....................................... ;-)

12-Jul-19
Does it count if it already happened? I did a brown bear hunt in AK last month.

Going to South Africa with my son next month. Roosevelt elk in OR , moose in BC, pigs and whitetail in OK later in the fall.

12-Jul-19
Yelp they count.... I hunted barbary sheep in NM back in Feb. Didnt even come close to getting one....lol

12-Jul-19
How did you do on your brown bear hunt huntingelk? My brother did a black bear hunt in canada between the 3 of them they saw 1 bear and one of the guys missed.

12-Jul-19
Geez! Is that ALL Gene?! LOL! : )

12-Jul-19

huntinelk's embedded Photo
Only since you are asking...I will take any reason to prostitute bear pictures....

12-Jul-19

huntinelk's Link
Link to the story on the main forum.

12-Jul-19
Rut, There is always room for one more hunt....

12-Jul-19
Sooooo cool

12-Jul-19
I just can't get away from doing elk hunts. I'm doing the last 2 week of September. Of all my hunts and game taken I only have 2 left to fulfill my bucket list. One is moose, did it once, didnt get one but really enjoyed that hunt. The other is what Huntinelk just posted about,,, Brown Bear!

12-Jul-19
We had our annual trad hog hunt in SC last March. Already planned the next one for Feb 2020.

13-Jul-19
Sept bear in maine

Nov deer in Kansas

Jan mt lion in Idaho

Feb hogs in Texas

April turkey in Kansas

May bear in Idaho

June bear in Quebec

13-Jul-19
Wyoming elk. We leave Sept. 14th.

13-Jul-19
That's neat huntinelk, cool with a bow congrats.

13-Jul-19
That’s a great bear Gene- congrats!

13-Jul-19
May in PA turkey hunting, November bow hunt in PA, rest of the time in Montana. Pennsylvania is my "go to" place haha...

14-Jul-19
Wow! Never thought I’d hear of a Montana guy going out of state to hunt PA!

15-Jul-19
Nut, let see,, we got big deer now and maybe the biggest black bear in the world. Our turkey hunting maybe be the best in the northeast.. Perry you need to get out more and realize where you live. :) So here's a quest for you I bet no one has ever got the triple crown and been bit by a rattle snake in Pa. :)

15-Jul-19

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
LOL! Yeah, and I managed to find the biggest, venomous and stealthiest Timber Rattler in PA!

20-Jul-19
rut, I grew up in PA and my brothers have a hunting cap just a few miles from where you commune with your snakes, haha. We came close to some big timber rattlers a few times as a teenager fishing the native streams!

20-Jul-19
LOL! : ) Yeah, I figured you must have a family connection or something.

22-Jul-19
Alberta mule deer in September.

24-Jul-19
Pretty quiet year for me, but I will chase some KY whitetails this year in addition to my PA farm.

26-Jul-19

Stekewood's embedded Photo
Went to South Africa to visit some friends with my wife and another couple. It wasn’t really a hunting trip but I brought my bow along and managed to take this really nice old Kudu bull. Spent some time at Kruger where we were fortunate to see all of the big five as well as countless other cool critters. Great trip.

26-Jul-19

This guy was probably the highlight of our time in Kruger. My wife gets the credit for the photo.

26-Jul-19
Congrats Steke! Wow- how close was she when that photo was taken???

26-Jul-19
Thanks, We were on our way back to the lodge in the dark in the open air game drive vehicle and I saw something in the grass on the side of the road ahead of us in the headlights. As we got up to it I asked the driver to stop and he hit it with the spotlight. She was about 12-15 feet from him. A female crossed the road in front of us while we were taking photos and he mated with here in sight. It was quite a growly, snarly event. Very cool.

26-Jul-19
Nice! Sounds like you got quite a show!

27-Jul-19
Awesome

27-Jul-19
Thunderflight, when you heading out west for elk??

11-Aug-19
Wyoming elk as usual. Same thing next year since two friends will have enough points for 4 of us to draw general licenses. Bears in Saskatchewan in the spring of 2021 and Wyoming high country mule deer that fall. 2022 fly in Alaska moose and caribou and that one is all I can think about!!!

20-Aug-19

We are back from South Africa, it was a great trip. We shot some nice animals and had a great experience with my son.

This is "Texas" the blood trailing dog...he is pretty ferocious.

20-Aug-19
Teeton, Im headed out October 17th after work. Im picking up a friend in Ohio and we should be there on the 19th. 2nd rifle opening day is the 19th.

22-Aug-19
Maryland---Every Sunday!

23-Aug-19
Tanks Thunderflight,, Enjoy your hunt.

26-Aug-19

Finished up my Roosevelt hunt in Oregon.

26-Aug-19
Congratz Tell us the whole story. Headed to New Mexico for elk next week

27-Aug-19
Good luck to all the Elk Hunters heading west in the next few weeks!

Yes, tell us about the hunt Gene!

27-Aug-19
I hunted with Ken Wilson in Oregon. We had a couple close calls on day 1 and the morning of day 2. The evening of 2 day we spotted this bull and another in a fresh clear cut. We circled around to try to stalk in from above, when we were about 200 yards from the bulls, 2 spikes busted out of the brush making a lot of noise. The noise alerted the bulls and they obviously knew something was up. The decision was made to try a couple cow calls to calm them down. At the sound of the cow call they started straight at us. My guide laid flat in a skid trail in the clear cut, I quickly moved forward a few yards and knelt between 2 stumps. When the bulls crested the knoll they were in range, but came on the opposite side that I expected, I had to make an adjustment to shoot to my off side while kneeling. I drew as soon as I saw antlers above the knoll, they passed behind a log I had ranged for 38 yards, the lead bull paused for a second to look for the cow, I was able to settle my pin and sent the arrow on the way. The bull jumped over the edge of where we couldn't see, we waited a half hour and slowly moved to the edge of the cut and spotted the bull down, 35 yards from where I had shot him.

27-Aug-19

I shot the bull in the freshest clear cut in the center of this pic.

27-Aug-19
Good adjustment! Sounds like everything came together nicely! : )

Was gonna ask you how it was hunting elk in the thick timber of Oregon. Then you posted the pic. Guess it was much like a typical elk hunt out west.

27-Aug-19
Awesome! Congrats

27-Aug-19
The timber ranges from old growth that you could reasonably get a 20 yard shot in, to reprod stuff that you couldn't see 2 feet in, to the wide open clear cuts.

27-Aug-19
Congratulations, Gene! That’s a beautiful bull! Way to get er’ done!!

27-Aug-19
Well, congrats- nice bull!

08-Sep-19
Got permission to hunt a massive duck and goose property in Southern Maryland for whitetails with a bow.

08-Sep-19

Thunderflight 's embedded Photo
Thunderflight 's embedded Photo

09-Sep-19
LOL Chuck! : )

09-Sep-19
I leave for Colorado Saturday. :)

09-Nov-19

Not very far out of state, only 10 miles from my house, but still another state...NY action this morning

09-Nov-19
Very nice

09-Nov-19
Huntinelk, What part of Pa you from? I'm from the northest, about 35 minutes from Ny.

10-Nov-19
Bradford County

• Sitka Gear