DanaC 19-Jul-19
spike78 19-Jul-19
DanaC 19-Jul-19
Deerdawg 19-Jul-19
spike78 19-Jul-19
hickstick 26-Jul-19
15-Jul-19

spike78's Link
Damn shame a Board of Health loser stops Cubscout camp at my local sportsman club deeming it unsafe due to guns being shot. My have times changed when I was in scouts we shot muzzleloaders!

15-Jul-19
Not to mention the club said they would close the ranges for the week.

16-Jul-19
What town? (And how did BoH get involved anyway?)

16-Jul-19
Weird. We used to shoot 22's in cub scouts. At Mass Conservation Camp - I went 2x, once as a camper and once as a junior counselor (AKA "super camper" they called us) we used to shoot ML's, SG's, 22's, Bow's almost daily... They still do as far as I know.

Is it due to folks shooting on sight while the kids are camping? I get that a little more given liability in today's day and age... more so just from not being able to cori every member to make sure they are safe around kids. If it's just about the kids shooting... Ugh.

16-Jul-19
Dana in Granby

18-Jul-19
Will, this has nothing to do with keeping kids safe. A responsible youth program would have that covered. This is all about leftie dems hating guns and gun owners.

18-Jul-19
Yes I understand since "there was nothing to prevent guns from spraying" everywhere.

18-Jul-19
I was at a gun & archery range and after shooting the archery targets for a few years realized with no leafs on the trees I could see guys shooting in the huts on the 300 yrd gun range. So, I mentioned it to one of the board members, they shortly thereafter added height t to their burms to avoid any stray fire. All it takes is one accidental discharge. I don't shoot much gun but one time I was at the same club, no one there. at least 20 stations open and a guy comes in with a machine gun and sets up right next to me and fires off clips of countless rounds, shells flying all over at me. Gun rising up in the air, stray fire you think??? I don't believe that other people are safe enough, so not with my kids. I wish it was different but its not. I had some of my best times in the outdoors involved in Scouting.

19-Jul-19
Granby MA already has one serious controversy with the extended rifle range at one of the clubs there. (There are three in the town of Granby.) I don't know which club is involved here but I do know that all three clubs have plenty of property which is nowhere near their shooting ranges. Sounds to me like somebody in town hall is trying to smear all the clubs.

19-Jul-19
The ranges are pointed in other direction from camp and have plenty of trees in the way regardless. Just a gun grabbing town employee.

19-Jul-19
Sounds like a cowardly case of covering their backsides.

Seems to me the BoH should have stuck to issues like sanitation facilities and cooking arrangements for the Scout group.

19-Jul-19
I guess I would t object but I also hiked in an area that had a gun club and well away from their posted areas that buffer there range, plenty of trees too. I could hear bullets whistling by me from the direction of the club, swear to god, it was not hunting season, I was out of there so fast it wasn't funny. They were definitely stray bullets, How's that happen? IDK but it does. All it takes is one accident and it ruins it for everyone. A few reports of houses being hit by bullets as well, IDK if they ever determined if it was from hunters, or from the club. Liabity insurance I would think would be very expensive. My Oldest son when in high school went to a football camp in NH some where, well tragically one of the young men drowned, we were told they would not be allowed in water, no life guards, mmm teen age boys, summer time, water, poor supervision. an absolutely horrible scenario unfolds, one of twin brothers drowns and the rest of the young men are all searching for him in the water! Cant image that camp stayed open after that. Would never send any of my kids to camp again. Not saying it was the camps fault, im sure there were many factors that lead up to the accident.

19-Jul-19
In my opinion it is much more dangerous for the scouts to drive there then to actually be there but I don’t see cars being banned so....

26-Jul-19
next they'll be banning all scouting on the cape due to SHARKS. lol

• Sitka Gear