onX Maps
County Treasurers PLEASE................
Pennsylvania
Contributors to this thread:
Rut Nut 17-Jul-19
PAbowhunter1064 17-Jul-19
Rut Nut 17-Jul-19
Brad Gehman 17-Jul-19
Rut Nut 17-Jul-19
Boris 17-Jul-19
Rut Nut 17-Jul-19
hawkeye in PA 17-Jul-19
Rut Nut 17-Jul-19
hawkeye in PA 17-Jul-19
Brad Gehman 17-Jul-19
Rut Nut 17-Jul-19
Boris 17-Jul-19
Rut Nut 17-Jul-19
Boris 17-Jul-19
Rut Nut 17-Jul-19
Grunt-N-Gobble 17-Jul-19
Red Beastmaster 18-Jul-19
Bowhunting 5C 18-Jul-19
Rut Nut 18-Jul-19
Will tell 18-Jul-19
Teeton 18-Jul-19
Rut Nut 19-Jul-19
Boris 19-Jul-19
Spider1 22-Jul-19
Bowhunting 5C 22-Jul-19
Rut Nut 22-Jul-19
Ursus Hunter 22-Jul-19
Rut Nut 22-Jul-19
Bowbender 23-Jul-19
Jethro 23-Jul-19
Spider1 23-Jul-19
Rut Nut 23-Jul-19
17-Jul-19
........................GIVE UP the PINK ENVELOPES!!!!!!!!!!!! You have MUCH more IMPORTANT things to do than to waste your time on this outdated system!

How many man-hours are WASTED every year at this time on processing this UNNESSESARY paperwork???!!!!

I am sure it is hundreds and hundreds of hours..................................................that would only take a few SECONDS if it was done thru the PALS system!

ONLY IN PA would you find county workers FIGHTING to keep an antiquated system in place(FOR YEARS) when there is a much more efficient and COST EFFECTIVE alternative! ONLY IN PA.......................................... : (

17-Jul-19
Unreal! I’m guessing the county treasurers don’t want to miss out on all that easy “pink” money!! :)

17-Jul-19
I know they get $$ for each one they process, but that should not matter. It just goes in the county budget- it's not like they get a cut of the proceeds. ANd bottom line is it is an antiquated process that is not needed and is a total waste of money! THe process could be done is SECONDS if it was just merged into the PALS system and automatically completed when you buy your license!

How much time, inconvenience, aggravation and $$ would be saved by eliminating these STUPID pink envelopes?!

17-Jul-19
The thing is, IIRC, they go thru the PALS anyway at those offices. Don't they just scan a barcode on the application? Maybe I'm wrong about this

17-Jul-19
No barcode on the paper application Brad. They DO go thru the PALS system, but everything has to be inputted manually- that's the way they do it when I have gone to the Treasurer's office in the past to do it over-the-counter.

17-Jul-19
My wife told me on Monday that my check for the Doe license was cashed. Now, when will I get my license? September?

17-Jul-19
Depends.......................what county did you send to?

Just ANOTHER reason to get them OUT of the pink envelope business. Some Treasurers are very efficient at getting them done, some NOT so much! : (

17-Jul-19
Sheesh, you guys are probably for a cashless society also.

17-Jul-19
We’re almost there Hawkeye! Only place I use cash anymore is at Yocco’s Hotdogs! ;-)

17-Jul-19
LOL

17-Jul-19
I would never buy a hotdog from a guy named Yocco. :)

17-Jul-19
You NEVER had a Yocco’s hotdog Brad???

17-Jul-19
I got mine for erie county.

17-Jul-19
You got it back already? Or just “awarded?”

17-Jul-19
awarded, my wife said the check has been cashed.

17-Jul-19
Mine was awarded this morning. Now the waiting begins................. ;-)

17-Jul-19
What i would like to know is how do doe tags get sold prior to the 1st day they are accepted by the treasurers?

I took a look at the PGC website to see how many tags were available for my unit and just about every unit had some tags already sold. I guess it pays to know certain people.

18-Jul-19
Grunt

The site says pre sale totals reflect land owner tags that are issued beforehand.

18-Jul-19
No conspiracy Grunt, Landowners get theirs way before they go on sale. Deserving so.. Any illusion of these going on sale across the counter or online, dream on. It still needs to be removed from the CT.. This takes legislation, time and people to see that this just is not working.

18-Jul-19
Yep- Landowner tags. Have to own 50 acres and must be open to public hunting. My father-in-law got one every year before they went on sale to the general public when he had his land.

18-Jul-19
So Walmart ran all the local shops that sell licenses out of business so when I try to buy license yesterday they tell me the computer is doWn. Couldn't tell me when it'll be going again. So at least you fellas got pinkies, I can't even get a license unless I do some traveling. Might be a problem in the future.

18-Jul-19
Will Tell,, Walmart has a few folks that can sell licenses I'm told.. If they are not there they say the the licensing system is not working. I guess it's better to blame someone or something, than to blame them self's ..

19-Jul-19
That’s why I always went to a sport shop to get mine. Until the owner gave me an attitude about seeing me “once a year!” I used to buy bait there, but got most of my tackle from Walmart or Gander because he marked everything up for the NY/NJ tourists. I told him I wouldn’t “bother” him from then on for bait or licenses. Haven’t been in there since! ;-)

19-Jul-19
Rut, I hear ya. I would get my stuff from the local shop. Until I found that he went an charge me double for a FITA bow. When I found that out. I asked him WHY. He told me he had to make his profit some how. I told him that I will not shop in his store again. It's been over 30 years. I have seen him out side the shop. He would ask why I haven't stop in. I just tell him, not when you ripped me off. Don't get me wrong, I understand that he has to make money to stay in business. But to double the prices. He even has his prices on fishing stuff jacked way up because the people from Pittsburgh area come up to go fishing. Oh, well...

22-Jul-19
Several years ago I stopped in at the treasurers office in Stroudsburg to pick up a couple doe tags for an upcoming 5c hunt. I saw all the ladies going nuts processing the pink envelopes so I asked them if they hated the system as much as the hunters do and if it wouldn't be better if it was automated. They told me they loved it... makes the day go faster and they get all the OT they can handle. It's their biggest revenue of the year. Yeah, they don't want to let that go.

22-Jul-19
I wonder do those of you that frequent Wallmart, you do realize they are not a great American company? Wondering why you would spend any money there?

22-Jul-19
Yeah SPider- I guess they don't want to give up the "sacred cow!" : (

John, I leave the house at 6am and don;t get home til 5. I don't want to make 5 stops on the way home to get what I need. So I get my hunting license, ammo, underwear, socks, oil filter, bread, milk, shaving creme and preparation H in one stop! ;-)

22-Jul-19
Not sure what all the bit*hing is about? I mailed my 'Pink' Envelope from Dodge City, Kansas (yes, the one from Wyatt Earp & 'Doc' Holiday fame) on 7/9. Just got home & my 'Pink' envelope was back w/ postmark of 7/18. Proud owner of a 2019 3D Doe Tag.

Seems like an highly efficient system to me - LOL.

Rut, the Dot's bag is still unopened (so far).

22-Jul-19
That’s very appropriate Bob! And just slightly more efficient than sending it by Pony Express! ;-)

Glad to hear the Dots made it back safely! Now if they can just make it to the cabin w/out being “devoured!” : )

23-Jul-19
"Seems like an highly efficient system to me - LOL."

Leeches, Morse Code and sailing around Cape Horn to reach San Francisco were all considered at one time to be "highly efficient".

23-Jul-19
Surprise! Pink envelope with a 3D doe tag in my mailbox yesterday. Monroe County treasurers office really on their game this year.

23-Jul-19
Just because a "system" sort of works doesn't mean it can't be upgraded. And if it can be upgraded, it should be upgraded. Right now it seems like we do it like this so a small government agency can take a cut. Seems like the wrong reason. JMHO

Actually. wally world is an "American multi-national company". Mainly American but it has stores in India, Japan and Mexico. But Mainly, It's American. With most of it's stores in America and most of it's employees being American. I don't know why this is a topic though, you know... Bowsite?

23-Jul-19
I agree SPider! Improvement should take precedence............................

• Sitka Gear