Live2hunt 29-Jul-19
DoorKnob 28-Aug-19
DoorKnob 07-Sep-19
Nocturnal 07-Sep-19
DoorKnob 08-Sep-19
Live2hunt 09-Sep-19
20-Jul-19
Or lack there of ....

To date I have only see one fawn here, and very few anywhere else.

All the deer I see are yearlings or better.

Good hunting now, but what does this say for the future?

20-Jul-19
I do not believe there is a scarcity of fawns this year. I've seen what I figure is the "normal" number. Just about every other time I head up to my hunting property I see does with fawns. Fawns can be tough to see at this time, they are so darn small! They can even be standing in high grass and you can almost miss them! I would not worry yet, there are plenty around.

20-Jul-19
I have seen more does in my area than I have since I moved here 10 years ago. When I see fawns, about half the time there are twins. Deer numbers aren't as high as they were in the early 2000's but then again, they should never be that high. We are finally starting to have some mature bucks after pretty much all the old boys were killed in the bad winters 5 and 6 years ago.

21-Jul-19
Only two fawns seen here or on camera. Way down on fawn sightings so far.

21-Jul-19
When you speak of fawn, and do not give a county location, pretty broad statement.

I can speak of Florence County, across the river from my UP house and have seen a lot of fawns, which is a good sign. At my other house in Washington/Sheboygan county line, I have seen as many as 4 fawns with one doe. I see fawns there on a regular basis, but they have lots of food, and no predation, so to speak

Across the river, in the UP, seeing a lot of deer, and Iron County has doe tags this year, available to apply for

21-Jul-19
I’m in St Croix county and I’m seeing a good amount of fawns. It looks like a normal crop of them for this area.

21-Jul-19

Tweed's embedded Photo
Tweed's embedded Photo
Triplets in Marinette.

21-Jul-19
Have not seen a fawn yet at my place in sawyer county. Couple of yearlings hanging around that I think are doe. At my place by Rochester I saw a fawn and doe this morning. The fawn was running full speed back and forth and all around the the apple orchard while the doe stood in one spot and watched.

21-Jul-19
Southern Washburn County

21-Jul-19
Sauk County, no problem with seeing fawns.

21-Jul-19
" From: ground hunter 21-Jul-19

When you speak of fawn, and do not give a county location, pretty broad statement. "

Who was that pointed at?

26-Jul-19
Most the ones I've been seeing lately are dead on the roads:(

26-Jul-19
Anybody hear the way to tell a buck fawn from a doe fawn is by the alignment of the spots??

26-Jul-19
I have heard that but it is not true.

26-Jul-19
Bucks always have an even amount of spots and doe fawns have an odd number. Other than that there's no way to tell without lifting there little legs, grape:)

26-Jul-19
I don't have any barren does on camera.

26-Jul-19
I keep losing count SF. NEED ANOTHER METHOD!!

29-Jul-19
Last Wed. evening on the way to the cabin in Phillips, we started seeing fawns finally so they must be getting active. Lots of twins, so the winter had no affect on the deer.

28-Aug-19
Well ... had the cams out for weeks now. Confirms live in person visuals. Still only the one fawn. easy to tell because of the distinctive black nose going up to between the eyes on both mother and child.

Plenty of old grey mares and spinsters. I have a set of twin yearling bucks which are here all the time.

Tonight the deer were chasing around like nuts out back. No clue what that is about.

07-Sep-19
Finally. Today a set of twin fawns, new to here. Those last squalls knocked a lot of fruit down and that brings them in. So many spots it looked like a white lateral stripe like fish have.

07-Sep-19

Nocturnal's embedded Photo
Nocturnal's embedded Photo
Triplets today

08-Sep-19
I see a turkey flock has a young brood in addition to the young of the year, wonder if they have any chance of making it in a normal winter

09-Sep-19
Noc, we had a doe coming into our cabin eating my wife's flowers all summer in Price county. Just a single doe, but I could tell she was nursing. Finally 2 weekends ago, twins appeared with her. They really stay low there first few months.

• Sitka Gear