Mathews Inc.
Any guesses on what this deer scores?
Connecticut
Contributors to this thread:
Will 23-Jul-19
Bloodtrail 23-Jul-19
Will 24-Jul-19
23-Jul-19
Kid, it's going to score a lot. I got to hold a giant set of antlers from a buck that a buddy has chased for 3-4 years up here in MA. Last year another guy found the sheds, but he was able to borrow them for a bit and I got to hold them then. That deer was upper 180's (by NEBBC) I believe and looks surprisingly similar to the shed's in the top pic. I mean, similar enough that when you posted them earlier in the year a part of me wondered if they were the same deer - though these are sun bleached etc compared to the sheds from here.

So, sheds, on the deer... I'm going with a gross of 180 something or a bit higher.

I wouldnt hesitate for dang sure!

23-Jul-19
Those sheds have lots of junk on them. It would be fun to score them yourself and see what you come up with. Have to guesstimate the inside spread and add it in. There’s some YouTube videos that will help you score them. Google is your friend.

If I remember correctly, you found those on land that is not huntable....but it would be cool to see what he looks like this year.

24-Jul-19
Kid, Some deer drop early, I often find sheds just before Xmas here for example. The ones I noted were found the week between Xmas and New Years up here (ma). If there wasnt much snow and those were exposed for 6 weeks... sun can do surprising work. That's all in the "who cares" category though. They are amazing antlers!

• Sitka Gear