Brian M. 25-Jul-19
ROBZ7 25-Jul-19
bigbuckbob 26-Jul-19
Brian M. 26-Jul-19
spike78 26-Jul-19
spike78 26-Jul-19
Shawn 27-Jul-19
24-Jul-19
What are your rights (if any) if a bear is destroying your dwarf apple tree. It's small enough where he will soon tear it completely down. It's a friend of mine's

24-Jul-19
I'm thinking No.

Unless you're an Apple orchard owner.

24-Jul-19
I'm thinking say your cat was in the tree and the bear was after it.....

24-Jul-19
Not sure you can justify killing a bear to “protect” a dwarf Apple tree , even if it was an orchard. There are no rights unless there is eminent danger of humans or animals and you better be able to prove it.

24-Jul-19
Damm that bear almost killed your cat!

24-Jul-19
Your friend has the right to put up an electric fence around property he/she wants to protect and the bears will stay away.

25-Jul-19
Bears destroyed several apple trees where I hunt. I put a lot of time into releasing them and maintaining them and then the bears showed up.

25-Jul-19
I'm thinking say YOU WERE in the tree and the bear was after YOU.....

25-Jul-19
Brian , DEP officers are smart individuals and if you ever shot a bear in self defense that story better match the description because they will investigate bullets holes and determine if your story matches. If you tell them you did it in self defense and that bear had bullet holes going away from you that’s enough to say it wasn’t in self defense . Just saying there was a case 1-2 years ago where “self defense” was determined it wasn’t.

26-Jul-19
A house down the street put an electric fence around the bee hives this year,.....I think it was to keep his cat away from the honey :)

26-Jul-19
Of course Rob, it was a joke. We all know it would be self defense only. I can't imagine anyone would get far up into a dwarf apple tree, and having a tree destroyed definitely wouldn't justify shooting. Can't even remove a beaver out of season for cutting trees.

26-Jul-19

spike78's Link
Here in MA apparently it IS legal to shoot a bear destroying beehives.

26-Jul-19

spike78's Link
Watch this video of a bear stealing a dumpster from a pot shop in CO fricken hilarious.

27-Jul-19
And you've seen some things swk!!! Even a rare ct mountain lion!!!!!!! ;)

• Sitka Gear