Shawn 26-Jul-19
ROBZ7 26-Jul-19
Shawn 26-Jul-19
Shawn 26-Jul-19
Shawn 26-Jul-19
ROBZ7 28-Jul-19
Shawn 29-Jul-19
26-Jul-19
I have noticed that the deer are hitting the mineral blocks I have put out very heavy in recent weeks.

26-Jul-19
I put mine out later than usual, about 2 weeks ago. Always anxious to see what's been visiting!

26-Jul-19
Last chance I had to put mine out was last month..gone in 2 wks

26-Jul-19
I put mine out in early spring and found mature does hit it hard right before & right after dropping fawns. I find that mature bucks don't hit often, but are aware of it & know who's hitting it.

26-Jul-19
All sorts of beasts hit it..probabl all the rain had something to do with it..lol

26-Jul-19

Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
Never had deer hit minerals in my area until late December and really hard throughout January into March. I was shooting the shit with Dave and after he sent me some pics with some bucks beside minerals I figured I'd throw out a block and give it a try. The area I hunt is very low in deer population. There's only a few deer that call this area home. But they all seem to like it. The deer I know that are there I got them on cam with the mineral. I use the powder deer cocaine you mix yourself and just an apple/salt block.

26-Jul-19
Minerals are essential for antler growth and during stressful times. Key to using minerals is leave them out all year round if you can (I understand there’s zones you can’t) but leave them out as much as you can and establish that mineral site year after year and they will know where it is and you will be amazed at the development of these bucks even in CT . I use trophy rocks and lucky buck and they hammer it .

26-Jul-19
Rob you can clearly see how much the buck I posted the other day grew in just one year. I think especially for a ct deer. All last year I had out mineral, corn, powder, big game butter. I would like to think I played a small part in that growth over there past year.

26-Jul-19

Shawn's embedded Photo
Last year smaller 8 point.
Shawn's embedded Photo
Last year smaller 8 point.
Shawn's embedded Photo
This year 5x4
Shawn's embedded Photo
This year 5x4
His right side grew an extra point from 4 to 5 and his left junky side grew quite a bit to.

26-Jul-19
Really ?????

28-Jul-19
Yeah Shawn makes a big difference . Obviously maturity is key but supplementing deer with mineral is one of the most critical things to growing big deer. And you know I’ve gotten a couple :). Good luck buddy

29-Jul-19
I mean it cant hurt right?? Obviously deer grow each year but when they go from eating leaves and acorns to all these minerals it has to help in some way. Am I saying his rack is much larger because of me..no..but like I said I'd like to think it helps. I would love to see some studies with minerals and what affect it has on the deer and the rack.

• Sitka Gear