Scar Finga 27-Jul-19
dirtclod Az. 27-Jul-19
BOHNTR 28-Jul-19
bowbender77 28-Jul-19
BOHNTR 29-Jul-19
bowbender77 29-Jul-19
switchback 29-Jul-19
26-Jul-19
I noticed no one has commented here yet on the mess that has become of the Sunrise 3D July 4 fun shoot. Consider it my public service announcement for all those families out there who were unaware of the changes. First off, we used to love this event. My teenagers experienced their first 3D here, week of camping, great weather, lift rides, great scenery, fun shooting. And they would chose this over heading to the beach in CA. Even as the kids head off to college, they still plan on this as family vacation. Yup, they are willing to spend time with Dad. It was always a bit expensive: - No family rate - Lift cost more than shooting for observers so I would pay for my wife as a shooter - No discount for disability or special needs so as my autistic son hit 18 it got expensive (shoots a 25lb recurve at about 15yds with lots of supervision i.e. like having a 10yo along) So what changed. Well last year, rates started going up and whoever ran it was rudely rushing us off the mountain and out of the parking lot. They added extra days of shooting before/after the 3D shoot days that you could purchase on a per day basis (according to my kids that was a good thing). This year, prices got ridiculous. Rates went up a lot and now the lift ticket was no longer included with the shooter fee but had to be purchased separately and per day (yup, over $100 for an adult). I had been busy at work and hadn't bothered to pre-register or look up prices. I would have avoided it completely. They did include Thurs July 4 as a part of the fun shoot days but since I hadn't looked it up to notice, we showed up Fri mng (missed a day we paid for). The targets used to be new and pretty shot up by the end of the weekend often with some sale of old or used targets on the last day; this year all the targets were in bad shape and heavily shot up. Apparently folks who had been looking online; attendance was way way down, hardly any vendors either (some were rightfully boycotting the event and others scaled way down.) It is sad too see something that was such a fun family event be so decimated. Hopefully one of our local archery orgs will put on a competing event that weekend next year so my now college age kids will have a reason to spend time with Dad.

26-Jul-19
A vendor friend of mine who usually works this shoot boycotted it this year. He told me the vendor rate went from aprox $400 to just under $1,200. He will not be going anymore if the rates stay the same. He hopes other vendors boycott it as well.

This shoot is my favorite and usually shoot it every year but a last minute change of plans made me miss this year. I heard shooters were not happy about price changes but they were happy about the much shorter lines due to less people. I am up in the air as to whether I shoot it next year. Probably just wait and see.

27-Jul-19
At those rates and conditions, I will just stay home and shoot in my backyard! That is absolutely Insane!!!

27-Jul-19
Invite some friends over and have a pot luck ,shoot bows and fire up the BBQ. Lots less expensive.

28-Jul-19
I shot it for fun (one day) and told my kids if they wanted to shoot it I would pay their entry fee. Bad decision. To shoot for fun, one day with no lifts, was $200 for the four of us. That’s a huge increase from even last year. Attendance was way down and almost no vendors present. I won’t go back unless the replace the lady they have running the shoot now. It simply wasn’t worth it.....Bowhunter Happening is looking a lot better these days!

28-Jul-19
At one point Sunrise was one of the best 3d shoots in the whole state. It's no secret that the Indians are not the best business folks on the planet and it looks like greed has taken over there best laid business plan to there downfall. Yea I know, I'm a racist according to those on the LEFT.

29-Jul-19
Indians are not running it....they actually hired a lady outside the tribe (white woman) who really has no experience in archery type events, according to a source within the tribe.

29-Jul-19
A white women may be running it but it was the Indians who hired her and that equals a poor business decision on their part.

29-Jul-19
bowbender77 X2... Sunrise Ski Resort should be one of the very best and it's not even close. Like Hawley Lake where the Indians kicked off all the cabin owners once their 25 year leases were up. My folks moved our cabin off in '86. You drive around Hawley now and you see decaying cabins every where, sad.

• Sitka Gear