awh302 28-Jul-19
BOHUNTER09 28-Jul-19
Lynn Wilcox 28-Jul-19
Highlife 29-Jul-19
LBshooter 29-Jul-19
BOHUNTER09 29-Jul-19
showme 02-Aug-19
26-Jul-19
Hey, I saw a bill that was going to allow the carrying of a handgun concealed while bowhunting in Illinois, anyone know if it went through?

27-Jul-19
be nice if it went through. I also saw that. Hunting regs for this year don't have anything about it though.

27-Jul-19
Read the new hunting/trapping book,available online at the DNR website...pay attention to page 7 "concealed carry".They are not making much of noise about it.

27-Jul-19

Lynn Wilcox's Link
Bill Status of HB0240 .......101st General Assembly

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp?DocNum=240&GAID=15&GA=101&DocTypeID=HB&LegID=114169&SessionID=108

Synopsis As Introduced Amends the Wildlife Code. Provides that a person with a valid concealed carry license issued under the Firearm Concealed Carry Act, or an off-duty law enforcement official or officer, may carry a handgun on or about his or her person while hunting. Effective immediately

This bill was allowed to die in sub committee, because it was not called, thanks to the Dems....

It was sponsored by 5 Republicans

27-Jul-19
Again..read the new 2019/2020 Digest of hunting/trapping regulations available on the ILDNR website,page 7,"Concealed Carry"---A validly licensed concealed carry licensee can possess a concealed carry firearm while hunting or trapping within designated areas but are subject to Section 2.33 of the Wildlife Code on illegal devices and State refuges, the prohibitions set forth in Section 65 of the Firearm Concealed Carry Act and any applicable federal regulations" This is printed in the current hunting regulations book...sounds like you CAN carry while hunting now,unless Im reading this wrong.

28-Jul-19
Just curious have you guys needed a concealed weapon when hunting? I have not but my buddy had a neighbor roll up on him one time with a shotgun during gun season and he said he was thankful he had a pistol with him.

28-Jul-19
Walking out of the woods with coyotes howling close has made me wish I was carrying

28-Jul-19
You maybe able to carry while hunting or trapping, but you can NOT, carry a gun, while BOWHUNTING in IL.....

That is exactly why they wrote this bill & proposed the legislation. PLUS....this is not the first yr they have tried this type of legislation......

29-Jul-19
You have a bow WTF. why do you need to carry

29-Jul-19
One area I hunt has been know to have some homeless/junkies walking around, having a pistol is peace of mind.

29-Jul-19
Hard to aim the bow in the dark

02-Aug-19
I once came across a meth lab one sunday night. I will never wish for more offense again. :] Lots of reason these days to carry while bowhunting.

• Sitka Gear