Quinn @work 28-Jul-19
Quinn @work 03-Sep-19
cnelk 04-Sep-19
27-Jul-19

JAnders1's embedded Photo
2012 Unit 006 Bull Moose
JAnders1's embedded Photo
2012 Unit 006 Bull Moose
I'm the guy. Sorry. But before anyone hates on me, know it took more than 2 decades! I finally drew!! 2nd season in G12 - first goat hunt for me (after 21 years applying). My moose tag is for a Unit 006 cow, so that shouldn't be too tough.

I hope to collaborate with other Bowsite hunters. I can give Unit 006 moose hunters information from my previous bull moose hunt and am hoping to get some info for G12.

I'm a longtime Bowsite reader. Just kinda shy about posting stuff for you folks that know so much more than I do.

I'm hoping the be of some assistance to anyone that drew a moose license in 006 - I hunted my bull there in 2012 and helped two cow hunters fill their tags during my hunt. I have the old harvest results info for every year but 2017 and 2018 and would be happy to share everything I know. And I'll be up there this year again after the goat hunt to help anyone else hunting Unit 006 moose.

That said, I need a little help and direction for G12. I have the goat harvest results from previous years to get me started, but hope for any information people will share who have hunted the Maroon Bells before.

When I drew my bull moose tag, several good folks on Bowsite provided priceless information that gave me my starting point - including cnelk, Jaquomo, and huntmaster. I hope I can help out the way they did.

28-Jul-19
Sorry can't help with G12 as I've never been in there. I do have an archery Unit 6 cow moose tag though. Send me a PM if you're going to be up there during the season. We can share a beer at our camp.

Good luck on the goat tag.

03-Sep-19
Anyone hunt elk or deer in unit 6 this last weekend and see any cow moose? Packing to head up there Thursday night for the opener Saturday.

04-Sep-19
Ive heard recently that there was so much snow in G12 that avalanches took out some of the goat herds and some areas dont have goats where they previously stayed

Good Luck on your tags

• Sitka Gear