PAbowhunter1064 06-Aug-19
Rut Nut 06-Aug-19
Thisismyhandle 31-Aug-19
DanWesson357 08-Sep-19
bowfish 15-Nov-19
bill v 17-Nov-19
Bowhunter s 17-Nov-19
31-Jul-19
I shot my very first archery deer with a WASP Boss broad head and since then switched to Slick Tricks. A buddy was telling me that WASP broad heads are owned by a PA Family in Hummelstown, PA and I see they have a PA (Harrisburg PO Box) Mailing address. Does anyone use WASP broad heads? Might consider switching back to WASP if they are made in PA and the company Employs PA folks.

31-Jul-19
I have a few of their stainless traditional 4 blade heads in my quiver if I'm hunting in the rain for a few days. Haven't killed anything with them yet:(

31-Jul-19
Contact

Mailing: PO Box 4841 Harrisburg, PA 17111

Factory: 707 Main St. Plymouth, CT 06782

Phone: (860) 283-0246

Fax: 860-283-6659

31-Jul-19
This is from the contact info on their website.

31-Jul-19
I used to shoot the Wasp Jackhammers out of my compounds a good many years ago, killed quite a few deer with them. Still have some stashed away somewhere. Never knew they were made in PA. Thanks for sharing that info.

01-Aug-19

PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
My arrows will have WASP Jak-Knifes on them this year. I’ve swapped everything out in my hunting setup that isn’t made here in the USA, for stuff that is. I know WASP manufacturers all their Broadhead sin CT, but I believe they originated right here in PA.

01-Aug-19

01-Aug-19

Stekewood's embedded Photo
Stekewood's embedded Photo
I managed to get my hands on a pack of the new Wasp prototype. ;-)

02-Aug-19
Haha, Steke! Looks like you dug up someone's time capsule! :-)

02-Aug-19
Stekewood...that is exactly what my WASP boss package looked like. I think it was like $20 for 6 Broad heads like 20 years ago. I am going to try the Jackknife and the Drone this year.

02-Aug-19
Haha. Not sure how they would do at 300 fps but they worked just fine back then!

02-Aug-19

PAbowhunter1064's Link
Check out this link if any of you are interested in trying WASP broadheads. Right now they have a pretty sweet deal going on. You pick ANY 3 heads, (all 3 can be different), and you get a free WASP nest to keep them in. I’m all set with mine, but those Havalons look pretty wicked!

02-Aug-19
I killed my first deer with Wasp Cam-Lok broadheads, alum arrow, a Bear Whitetail II, and a TSS climbing stand in 1985.

02-Aug-19
That the only deer ya ever kilt Dave?

03-Aug-19

DanWesson357's embedded Photo
DanWesson357's embedded Photo
So there it is, I stopped by their business on Friday. It was explained to me that they are also owners of Montana Decoys. Had the design of the WASP board heads explained to me and why they are just about indestructible. Members of their staff spoke to me about United Bowhunters of PA and looks like they want to help to promote UBP. Super nice people and enjoyable conversations about hunting in PA and just about everywhere else. I'm definitely going to support this company when I'm purchasing broad heads.

04-Aug-19
Thanks Dan looks like I have to take some interest in them as well!

04-Aug-19
I believe they have donated product to the UBP in the past for our annual banquet.

06-Aug-19

My wife just sent me this off her Facebook page. Looks like we all owe a special thanks to Mr. Wesson!! ;-)

06-Aug-19
Well now, I will have to give this some serious consideration..............................................(I grew up not far from Hummelstown ;-)

31-Aug-19
Wasp makes their heads in CT ??I bought havalons to compare them to muzzy ones and I'm keeping the havalons. The ones are really loud. Havalons I barely heard them but I did have to readjust my sight. They feel twice as sharp too.

08-Sep-19
All of WASP broad heads (with the exception of the Havalon heads) are made 100% in the USA in CT. However, the owners live and have a distribution center in Hummelstown, PA. They also own Montana Decoys and and Tact Optics. The folks that work at the Hummelstown building are excellent people and very generous. They fully support the United Bowhunters of PA.

15-Nov-19
I used Wasp Jack Hammers on many deer years ago. Then switched to Wasp Boss for certain reasons. Many good results over the years.

17-Nov-19

bill v's embedded Photo
bill v's embedded Photo
Well, here’s a pic of some more of these. Vintage I say. With a couple of packs of blades These are some of the first heads I used, way back when!

Bill v

17-Nov-19
I've used the old wasp broadheads many years ago, now they resemble the muzzy broadheads, I switched to the qad exodus broadheads love them last 3 bow kills no tracking involved all down within 15 yards of base of my tree.

• Sitka Gear