Shawn 01-Aug-19
Will 01-Aug-19
Bloodtrail 01-Aug-19
Shawn 01-Aug-19
longbeard 01-Aug-19
Shawn 01-Aug-19
Notme 02-Aug-19
01-Aug-19
So I was wondering.. I do not have any doe behind the house and I'm going to try to trick the bucks in thinking theres is. So I got some doe p urine and am going to try that. My question is without estrus in it can a buck tell the difference between doe p and buck urine? I dont want to put down doe p if he thinks its just a buck pissing. Obviously when it has estrus in it he would be able to tell but how about regular piss??

01-Aug-19
I think they can, but I wouldn't use it yet. I would make a scrape in a few weeks and add the pee to it to freshen it up when you check the camera. BTW I think that when makeing a scrape the licking branch is important part.

01-Aug-19
Swk more than 75% of my pics are daytime believe it or not. The reason I was thinking of adding piss is because come late oct they disappear for the rut

01-Aug-19
Shawn, they are creatures of habit and nose... If they normally head off yonder come rut, it's unlikely that anything you do will keep them there (except a 20 foot fence encircling them :))... As for the scent holding them... If you only smelled perfume but never saw the girl, would you stick around?

01-Aug-19
Get in there on the first day of the season and kill one. Don’t wait. They will always leave and roam during the rut......but you might have another coming through then too. Hopefully you fill both your buck tags by then and you’ll be sitting out the rest of the season. Teasing the rest of us dummies.

01-Aug-19

Shawn's Link
This spike is really giving me the finger now! On my way to lunch today theres a short path that splits the properties and half way down I ran into this guy. Its about 75 to 100 yards from my spot. 1230 in the afternoon and clearly not a care in the world!! This is the correct link. The other one is just my page

https://youtu.be/oRb9fzi5FhA

01-Aug-19
Why do you think there are no does there?

01-Aug-19
Longboard in two years not one single pic of a doe. I'm sure a few have been back there but for the most part it's mainly these three bucks.

02-Aug-19

Notme's Link
Maybe just maybe..

https://youtu.be/y0ImdPdbqmw

• Sitka Gear