Jeff in MN 12-Aug-19
MF 12-Aug-19
skookumjt 10-Oct-19
01-Aug-19

Buck Watcher's embedded Photo
A couple bear pics. I think the back bear (in the pic with 2) is the same one as the single. Looks large to me.

01-Aug-19

Maybe same bear from 4 years ago??

01-Aug-19
That looks to be a good bear....he`ll put on some more lbs before the fall. Would of liked to get a full shot of him.

01-Aug-19
Hard to tell from those pictures but I would say medium sized.

01-Aug-19
2 diffent Bears 1 sow 1 boar.

02-Aug-19
qdm - Top pic & 3rd pic from 2014 Same bear? Sow - Boar? How do I tell a sow from Boar other than if it's with cubs?

02-Aug-19
qdm - Top pic & 3rd pic from 2014 - Same bear? Sow - Boar? How do I tell a sow from Boar other than if it's with cubs?

02-Aug-19
I agree with qdm, 2 different bears. Top one has a bigger head, ears look offset of the forehead, that's probably a boar. Bottom one has long nose, ears look big compared to face and they "stand up" off the head. Young bear for sure, and probably a sow. Neither looks big, I'd say medium sized bears.

02-Aug-19
Difficult to say from that photo. Certainly a decent bear, but nothing to say otherwise.

03-Aug-19
For sure 2 different bears (3 diff bears if you count the one from 2015) - the one in the 2nd pic is young. They are not "big" bears IMHO. You should put something of known size in the background - bears are extremely difficult to judge without a reference or object of known size. Cut a log and put on ground in the frame of camera, or a "t" post up etc.

03-Aug-19

Hoot's embedded Photo
Hoot's embedded Photo
Buck Watcher - Boars are usually bigger, but Sows vs boars, Sows are short in length and are pear shaped (small shoulders and a noticeable hump for the rear) where boars have big shoulders. bigger front legs and are longer. Boars have a squared shorter nose compared to a sow with a long pointed snout, much like dogs. Boars have a much bigger head also.

11-Aug-19
This sow has her paws full every time she brings her cubs to eat. She's always running off other bears.

11-Aug-19

skookumjt's embedded Photo
Big boar....

11-Aug-19
I`ll say.....that one should be pushing BC.

11-Aug-19
Skook that is a pumpkin head. Wow

12-Aug-19
When the ears look small and have a lot of space between them (like in Skook's pic) it is a BIG bear.

12-Aug-19
Big boar.....ya more like monster boar.

10-Oct-19

The one I put a friend on this year. It finally came in but he was afraid to turn around and maybe spook it. He could hear it breathing it was so close.

• Sitka Gear