pav 02-Aug-19
JTV 02-Aug-19
patience2spare 04-Aug-19
patience2spare 04-Aug-19
INbowdude 06-Aug-19
JTV 06-Aug-19
01-Aug-19

JTV's Link
Finally, the DNR has cut back in the antlerless deer slaughter in this state .... only 19 counties with the late antlerless gun season and they are all south of Indy ... no more counties with a bonus of 8 !!

http://www.eregulations.com/indiana/hunting/bonus-antlerless-deer/

02-Aug-19
I'm counting 19 counties remaining with late antlerless gun season? Good news for the north, bad news for the south. No shortage of deer population complaints down here. Thankful to have hunting access on a property large enough to dilute the effects of the many poor decisions labeled "Indiana deer management".

02-Aug-19
oops, I left the 1 off the 19 (fixed) ... ;0) .... having a large chunk of good private allows one to manage the property for best results as one see's fit ... when one is on State land, esp. the F&W areas, that idea is mute to the point ... as I always said, when one see's a 8 as a bonus, it gave the perception of an over abundance of deer .. I am thankful the bonus tags were and are never allowed on the F&W properties, as they get hammered as it is ...

04-Aug-19
Hard to believe that Steuben and Lagrange were once perennially in the top ten for harvest numbers (I think Steuben was 3rd several times) and now they are 1 doe counties!!!

I am soooooo thankful that the bonus anterless limits have been dropped. Maybe my kids will see deer when I get them out in the woods in the near future.

For several years before the EHD epidemic, the Amish took flatbed trailers full of anterless off of the property to the West of one that I hunt. There would be 8 to 10 does & button bucks laying like cordwood as they pulled out on the gun opener at lunch. More evidence that just because it was legal didn't make it right! I can't remember the last time I saw a family group come through with multiple generations of does... Pete

04-Aug-19
It also boggles my mind that Switzerland County could be a 2 doe county!!!! How can the DNR not eat crow on their former management practices and tag allotments when posting these new numbers???

06-Aug-19
Thanks for posting!

06-Aug-19
any time Mike ..... ;0)

• Sitka Gear