jjs 04-Aug-19
12yards 07-Aug-19
MN_Bow_Hunter_1980 07-Aug-19
x-man 07-Aug-19
12yards 07-Aug-19
Tonybear61 07-Aug-19
Deerplotter 07-Aug-19
01-Aug-19
Looks like per the new MN regs the pumpkin crowd (youth season) is now open statewide Oct 17-20. Orange, pink must be worn even in archery only areas. So much for the annual taking my kid bowhunting on MEA, while wearing camo so he, she might have a chance to get a whitetail in range.

Personally I fought this issue with many other bowhunters over the years, trying to limit the timing and location of youth season (the regular season is so crappy they needed that other season for the opportunity???). MN DNR finally caved into the statewide idea. Typical to the pattern of not caring about archers in MN, we can't even have one spot in the whole state, not even one spot!!, without having to follow the firearm blaze orange rules. In 45+ years of bowhunting only been lucky enough to fool two (2) deer in bow range while wearing orange. Pretty sure it won't work for turkeys or ducks either.... Thanks DNR for eliminating my youth's opportunity to take a deer with bow when they have time off from school and sports.

02-Aug-19
I wouldn't worry too much, I rarely ever see kids out on the youth weekend anyway...and I'd bet the ones that do go mostly stick to private land. As for having to wear orange that isn't a big deal; shot lots of deer with a bow while wearing orange through the years. Just go and have fun, don't let the DNR's rationale hinder your enjoyment of the outdoors!

03-Aug-19
I am usually in the Chippawa NF right at that time period, usually run into kids out grouse hunting but with rifles out it will be a different setting, this is the time when the bucks are pre-rut active, to bad it couldn't be in Sept.

04-Aug-19
At least we don’t have a crossbow season to compete with

04-Aug-19
That will be the game changer w/ the x-gun. Wi. really mess their bow season up with allowing the x-gun run concurrent, may just as well be a generic season and be done with I, lived there for 21 yrs. This is where progressive government can really hurt the hunting season that were design for. Bowhunting was never a game management tool or made for everyone, that is what the trigger season is design for.

07-Aug-19
I think you are wrong about the blaze requirement in archery only areas.

07-Aug-19
He's right about the blaze in archery only areas. At least it was last year. We were required to wear blaze in the stand in an archery only area when there was a gun season running at the same time. Even though guns were not permitted in the area we were hunting the DNR required us to wear blaze.

07-Aug-19
Yes, orange is required for all archery only areas if there is a firearms season going on at the same time in the surrounding areas.

07-Aug-19
Page 32. Blaze Clothing Requirements. Exceptions during a firearms/muzzleloader deer season 1. Areas open only to archery hunting (no firearms hunting allowed).

07-Aug-19
Deceiving as it says, "statewide"

07-Aug-19
Agree with 12 yds. Areas open to Archery only no blaze required.

• Sitka Gear