aboks 22-Aug-19
Orion 22-Aug-19
Orion 22-Aug-19
Fauntleroy 30-Aug-19
3M 30-Aug-19
kodiak&crunchy 30-Aug-19
Surfbow 30-Aug-19
06-Aug-19
Gonna be doing a Facebook and Instagram live event for those of you that know how to make your Google machine search that sort of thing. I'll be answering questions and giving tips on how to get a license here in Colorado after today's Leftover Sales opened. There are some great archery tags that are still forthcoming I want some of you to get, and all it takes is a little information. Specifically for Bowsite I'll be covering how to give yourself the best chance at getting an archery sheep, elk and deer tag in the coming weeks using no points. This Sunday (8/11) from 5-7 MTSD if you're interested.

15-Aug-19
Hi,

What is the append how do you get it? I see no reference to it on the CPW site. Is there a thread that provide some explanations? Thanks

15-Aug-19
I think that I answered my own question after a little more searching. Leftover Watch.

15-Aug-19
I wanna append too! LOL

15-Aug-19
Customer feedback - Would be great to see some functionality and ease of use improvements, with the objective of saving time. Adding one hunt code at a time is labor intensive, and cumbersome. What I really want to know is what reissue tags hit the list.

For example, on sheep moose and goat, I would add ANY tag that becomes available. No one has time to select every possible hunt code, it takes way to long. I do recognize the reissue tags will be ewe, etc and they call next in line - but your tool allows unknowing consumers to think they need to add one at a time.

Same deal for elk.

I see your competitor has a unique approach based on how many points to draw, but his price point is 4X yours.

Thanks for listening.

15-Aug-19
Three years ago I wrote some software that would ping the CPW leftover list every minute and email me if a tag came up. It worked really well! My buddies told me I should develop it into an app and sell it. I never did because I wanted to keep that little gem for me and my friends. I guess I'll improve my code and make it work faster than this Leftover Watch application!

15-Aug-19
Grasshopper- We thought about giving you a button to add all deer, elk, bear etc codes and thought better of it. The tags are already competitive enough and the barrier of entering one code at a time makes it so that folks don't just download the entire list of hunt codes. If you could do that; 1) you'd get tired of notifications throughout the day as we track hundreds per week, 2) it would be more likely that other subscribers get notifications, making the tags just that much more competitive.

Personally I like only searching for the codes that I want to actually hunt. If I got notifications about EVERY single code that became available it wouldn't take long for me to ignore the notifications and miss something I really want. In my mind this is how I manage the competition factor for everyone. Took me 3 bathroom breaks to put all the sheep codes on and I know I'm not the only one looking at my phone on the shitter. I am open to possibly adding all archery, or all 2nd season, or all eastern plains first split season etc codes. I still don't think I would automatically add them to your watchlist, but I'll list them out for you like we have with the 10+ point codes this year. I'll look into adding more than one hunt code at a time while you're in the search function if that's what you're actually looking for.

2xLung- Would love the competition to show the CPW that they have a serious need for someone other than Aspira to be creating tools for hunters. After next week nobody will be faster than us. You could be just as fast, but we're testing a script that sends notifications the second a code you're searching for becomes available this week. It's running good right now and we should have that out late next week on the app. Our current setup of once per minute gets subscribers a bunch of tags, but there's always room for improvement.

As for my current competitor. I'll be 100% honest and tell you that they will beat us because they actually go through the CPW Shop manually and purchase the tag for you. The CPW made it clear they don't want my robot purchasing tags for you yet, so I can't be competitive there. Nor am I willing to hire the man power to buy tags for you and carry whatever insurance to store your personal CPW SHOP information at $9.99/12 months.

I will warn that if you sign up for a code with that service and another client is already on their list for that code, you won't be the first on their list to get the tag. Even if you paid for that code to be watched you'll have to wait your turn in their system for them to buy the tag for you as quotas are generally low when reissued. Either way, they will be getting tags for people if you have the money and get in with them to watch your codes before anyone else does. $100 would get you 8 codes with them where $9.99 gets you all the codes you want with the app, just a matter of price point and convenience. Cool to have different options for those that don't have cellular service for the app throughout the day.

15-Aug-19
Dammit. Who bought my unit 29 elk tag.

15-Aug-19
Not me I swear

16-Aug-19
The unit 29 tag went to a local good guy doing solid conservation work. :) You probably know him. ( Not me )

21-Aug-19
Am I reading this right? The app developer is using his own technology to compete with his paying customers for premium tags? It's one thing if you're president of the hair club for men and you use your own product. It's completely unacceptable in this situation where there is a very finite supply.

The fact that CPW created this mess, and then presumably licenses out access to their system in a "pay to play" scheme is just frustrating to hear about. It basically means that at some point, the only way to have a shot at a leftover tag will be to go through one of these "brokers". Then wait for their prices to go up. It'll be an auction to get your spot on the priority notification list.

21-Aug-19
Everyone is entitled to one List A tag, if they can get it. Personally, I don't see any competition. He wrote the code, he could just keep it to himself if that is what it is about. Your freaking out, jmho.

21-Aug-19
Elkhoonter - I actually pay for my subscription just like everyone else just to avoid cheating accusations and I'm not apologising for my desire to hunt deer this year. Not sure if what amounts to a couple of fast food burgers is exactly an exorbitant price for the information. OnX charges quit a bit more and you could argue the same about them as they "just" conglomerate public information.

21-Aug-19
The price isn't relevant to the issue, nor that you pay yourself for a subscription(?). It's a classic conflict of interest IMO. It's not that it's a bad app (I haven't used it). You and your family and friends just probably shouldn't be using it AND selling it to others as a means to improve the chance of getting tags. At least don't talk about it... especially if you get a hard-to-get tag that (any) other customers have on their list.

21-Aug-19
I don’t use the app, since I wrote my own, I know other people that have written their own too, you could also write your own, but based on your post, you’re probably way too ridiculous of a person to figure that out...

21-Aug-19
Fauntleroy,

Have you made live your improved speed of que’ing the list? I hope so.

Every tag that has come up for me is gone in less than 1 minute. It seems like there must be some really fast programs out there this year and if you don’t have it you’re SOL.

21-Aug-19
These are also tags that are private land only or tags in units with no public land that are gone in 30 seconds.

21-Aug-19
Quinn - We're still using the server that queries every 60 seconds. The new server should be up and running and it will send a notification the second the list updates. Developers run at their own speed as they tend to be insanely detailed oriented, but i still think end of this week is a reasonable goal. I say that and it won't be till next week now... Insert foot in mouth here.

Elkhootner - So... Should I not also build my own home because we build houses too? The information is public and I'm a private entity separate from the CPW. Not sure where your argument is coming from.

22-Aug-19
elkhoonter, a better way to get a leftover tag is to keep the list open and refresh every 5 minutes and page through it so you don't miss anything, try it, you'll like it! But don't tell Fauntleroy about my secret tactic...

22-Aug-19
Got a watch list tag notification last night at 2am, was that a test, delayed notification or did the cpw puter let one out?

22-Aug-19
Elkhoonter

The CPW did not create a mess, these tags went in the trash unused in the past. Why complain about increased opportunity. Ya it’s not the easy apply once and hope you draw process but it does take some effort to grab one.

22-Aug-19
So your competition is using a bot to purchase tags for their customers. Even if you send the notifications out the instant they become available, how are we supposed to beat a bot in signing in and purchasing the tag?

22-Aug-19
Elkmo, CP&W did kinda create this mess. A few years ago they did a weekly dump at 9am on Tuesday. Everyone knew where and what time to look. Now its random between 9 and 4, 4 days a week. It's a mess of their creating IMO.

22-Aug-19
Elkmo - Developers are night owls and many of us got that last night just after midnight as he was working on it so as not to interrupt service when we need it.

Lineman - We actually have two competitors. One actually pays employees to monitor the system and manually purchase tags for you using your credentials not using a bot and they are the ones I described earlier. The other is a copy app for 4x more that can't use a bot just us.

Dirk - The reason they went away from the weekly dump is because we as a customer base were crashing their system much the same way that we do on the proverbial Leftover Day in early August. But instead of just once per year we were doing it once per week.

22-Aug-19
There is an app with a bot purchasing tags. Their are tags gone in less then thirty seconds from the time they hit the list way too fast for a human. My son and I timed them the other day with three different computers. We saw a tag go in 17 seconds no way a human is doing that.

22-Aug-19
Just had a qty of 5 tags for one hunt code pop up on the leftover list, got my notification from the app and they were all gone in less than 1 min??? why doesn't someone just list all the other apps available and we can all choose at that point if we want to pay more or not?

22-Aug-19
Yeah see there is no way five humans are beating you to all those tags that quick

22-Aug-19

Orion's embedded Photo
Orion's embedded Photo
This one is faster then your app also.

22-Aug-19
Those 5 tags were after the season start date. Think about that.

22-Aug-19
Which system is buying the tags with a bot?

22-Aug-19
RogBow so yeah I bet 5 people were at a license vendor in under a minute

22-Aug-19
Holy Crap did I get bombarded with PMs. Seriously guys two minutes on google will reveal all these app services. There is Fauntleroy's ( Colorado Watch). The DIY map guy has an app, there is another where you pay for people to buy your tag, problem is they are keeping a running list so if you are down the line too far you have no shot and yes there is an app service that electronically buys your tag for you. Sucks that the re-issues have come to a money game where these faster apps are charging a lot more. My guess is CPW will shut this down as soon as they find out how many subscribers there are and realize they are losing a ton of money. Looking forward to draws every week in the future.

30-Aug-19
Orion - I would LOVE to do weekly drawings! In the meantime this is what we have. I hate the money game to and it's why I made this the cost of a McDonalds lunch once per year. As for the bots, I know I'm not the only one speaking with the CPW and they've made it very clear, NO BOTS! There's probably a couple of privately ran guys doing it that won't be detected, but not at the commercial level unless they decided as a business not to play by the rules. As a business, we're sending notifications to up to 400 subscribers right now depending on the hunt code with tag quotas of 1 license.

As for DIY Maps beating us, you're 100% right. Looks like they send texts which explains the upcharge. It was an option we looked at, but I set my price point at $10 early on so I didn't price ANYBODY out of the game. Sending upwards of 25,000-35,000 texts per week later in October is gonna be expensive and there's a reason they charge what they charge. The code we have catching the tags the second they become available works awesome, but isn't speaking with the different platforms (iOS and Android) very well right now and it's just a matter of making the logic behind the code sound. My timeline for that is to have it done before my muzzleloader antelope hunt so I can hunt in peace, and beat the influx of licenses at the beginning of October.

My customers deserve to be competitive at $10 and that will happen. Even still, we have a bunch of people getting tags off the app every day scanning once per minute. I just got a text from a subscriber that got two tags today. Please don't use these services thinking that if you get a notification for a tag you'll get that tag. You're still competing with possibly hundreds of people who got that notification for a very small handful of quota.

30-Aug-19

30-Aug-19

30-Aug-19
Keep up the good work Justin, ignore the naysayers!

• Sitka Gear