DoorKnob 14-Aug-19
10PntBow 14-Aug-19
Crusader dad 12-Sep-19
Jeff in MN 12-Sep-19
Reggiezpop 20-Sep-19
Trapper 20-Sep-19
Reggiezpop 20-Sep-19
06-Aug-19
So I looked it up and apparently the geographic center of Wisconsin lies in wood county. I only bring that up because it should be a fairly equal distance to drive for everyone on this site. I'm proposing a Bowsite get together I'd like to sit down with some of the folks on here and learn some things face to face instead of on this dumb screen. If anyone is interested ill try to pursue it further. Let me know, I think it would be a good time

07-Aug-19
Stevens Point would be a good location (just east of Wood but right on I39.

When are you thinking?

07-Aug-19

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
For some of the Old time members here that remember, we used to get together for 3-4 years the beginning of November at Northland Ballroom or Schmidts corners in NW Waupaca county, Iola / Northland areas. Guys brought White Elephant gifts to hand out. Home made caramel popcorn, clip on bow holders,, trail camera mounting systems, boning knives, cutting boards, sharpening steels, Felt pieces for on the bottom of the stands, and I was able to procure 100#s of food plot seeds and new trail cameras from my contacts to give away, also too many other gifts to accurately mention all. Fun times. Note: Having it those places benefited me most as I'm only a few miles from either but I would be interested anyplace in the central state area.

07-Aug-19
These are great ideas sounds like there's maybe 4 of us so far

07-Aug-19
I also would be interested in meeting wherever...

07-Aug-19
Scar Finga from the main page is heading here from AZ to hunt with me the first weekend of October. If you time it right. Him and I can stop on our way to black river falls. Otherwise, I could do midday pretty much any sat or Sunday as long as I know in advance.

07-Aug-19
not during the rut or prime time,,, many of us are too busy hunting and traveling, I would come in October, prior to the 15th, after that I hunt every day somewhere

07-Aug-19
My side gig is weekends only but ends in mid Oct (yes I planned it that way). I could probably take off a weekend in early OCT. My birthday is Oct 10th. This would be a good excuse to go away for it.

09-Aug-19
The population centriod might be more efficient, wherever that is, certainly far from me as well :P

09-Aug-19
That would be Markasen in Green Lake. Pain to get to and might not be the center of pop for bowsiters.

I think Wausau or Point might be the best.

09-Aug-19

DiRTY MiKE 's embedded Photo
DiRTY MiKE 's embedded Photo

10-Aug-19
I agree Point would be a good choice, but please make it in October around mid month,,,,,,,

10-Aug-19
Anyone besides me remember what I think was the first get together at Serbian shark's house. If we did it as his place again we would have to travel to Colorado Springs.

10-Aug-19
Is Jeff suggesting a Serbian Elk Hunt?

10-Aug-19
No.

11-Aug-19
Why not? I heard he was working on getting some elk from Serbia released in the area. ;-)

11-Aug-19
I like October Wausau or Point

11-Aug-19
The thing is ... traveling to some distant get together would be more expensive for me than what I put into bow hunting ... outside of license and plotting.

12-Aug-19
Am i invited? :)

13-Aug-19
no

13-Aug-19
Buck - you are just an old grumpy man!

13-Aug-19
Old yes grumpy no.

14-Aug-19
Tweed, message me if this happens. I might miss the post. My screen time these days is quite limited.

14-Aug-19
Slicer, we’ll send your invite with 10PntBow’s...

14-Aug-19
Reggiezpop... +1

14-Aug-19
Should have passed for another year an been a 12 !

14-Aug-19
OOOO Slicer - they think I'm the enemy bcs i hunt with a xbow. And I am all for change. They don't like people who disagree with them, I'm assuming you figured that out already! To each their own.

12-Sep-19
I’ll be in Black river falls area on sep 27,28 and 29. I will have another bowsiter hunting with me. We will be free for lunch any one of those three days if anyone is near that area and wants to meet up. (Lunch could be changed to tracking a deer if the morning of goes well)

12-Sep-19
Crusader dad, I think you meant dragging a deer, as opposed to tracking. ;-)

20-Sep-19
The date and location have been set, Neverslice. If you didn’t get the memo, maybe next year...

20-Sep-19
Darn Slicer, I didn't get the memo either. Hate to be placed in the same bucket as you even though you released those 20" Walleyes for me to eat after they washed up on my shoreline.

20-Sep-19
From a guy so new to Wisconsin, as you alluded to in your first post on here, you sure know a lot Slicerbait...

• Sitka Gear