Thisismyhandle 17-Aug-19
HolePuncher 17-Aug-19
nehunter 17-Aug-19
HolePuncher 18-Aug-19
HolePuncher 18-Aug-19
longbeard 18-Aug-19
HolePuncher 20-Aug-19
11-Aug-19
What's up everyone, name is Rich. Just signed on here. I have a question about trail cams. I finally broke down and bought one to put on a trail I found. Just curious how often you guys check yours? I put it out a week ago. Thanks for your input.

11-Aug-19
Depends on the weather..2-3weeks

11-Aug-19
Depends on time if year. Summer doesn't require daily knowledge of what's going on so I check every two weeks.

I'll check them before or when I hunt that spot.

If I know it's going to rain, I'll get in there just before or when it's raining.

11-Aug-19
i check mine every two weeks, during the season weekly.

12-Aug-19
Yup this time of year not so much but during the season I check mine about every 3 days

15-Aug-19
i think trail cameras save more deer then they kill because most guys check them to much and the deer end up patterning them and simply avoid the area. i set mine up a month before season and check them at the end and apply the knowledge to next season. also rain and moisture will enhance your scent, so checking them during rain isnt doing you any good.

16-Aug-19
I've read the opposite about the rain/scent thing. Wouldnt rain wash away any scent you leave? Especially a heavy rain.

16-Aug-19
I usually wait every 4-6 weeks, and try to check before a rain so my scent is on the ground for as short as possible.

During the season, I will carry cards in my pack ands swap them out if i walk by any of my cameras.

16-Aug-19
Kid your right about conflicting advise. I check my cameras often because I use them as a hunting tool for specific deer. If I want to kill a specific deer I have to have MRI. It does me no good to check my camera two weeks after my targeted deer was there with a hot doe for three days. I want to know so I can get in there and hunt him while he’s active in that area.

17-Aug-19
I went in and pulled it. If theres anything good on there I'll upload it.

17-Aug-19
your first hunt at a new location is your best chance at success, if you set up up a trail camera and leave, that was your first hunt.

17-Aug-19
Nice video

18-Aug-19
i dont see much value in the cameras i put out as far as killing deer, it's just interesting to go pick them up at the end of the season and see what is inhabiting the area. those tv guys are likely using cell cams and they are usually hunting private land around big ag feilds with high deer densities and low pressure.

18-Aug-19
agreed, suburban deer will tolerate human scent a bit more but they still know when someone has "crossed the line." for example most people will spend lots of time in their yard but almost never venture into the timber on the backside of their property.

18-Aug-19
You keep following that advice Holepuncher and I’ll keep killing big deer going into my spots almost every day. Lol you guys watch to much tv

20-Aug-19
you check your camera daily and you still get daylight pics of mature deer?

• Sitka Gear