The last savage 13-Sep-19
Red Beastmaster 15-Sep-19
HARRY CARRY 15-Sep-19
RC 16-Sep-19
hawkeye in PA 17-Sep-19
12-Aug-19

HARRY CARRY's embedded Photo

“Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers” will present its 2-Day Traditional Weekend September 14-15, 2019!

The Crew will do its best to present a fun, relaxing, low-key 2 days filled with woodsy Archery courses, a novelty event or two, friends both old and new, a busy kitchen, and hopefully a few hearty laughs and cheers heard throughout the hillsides.

And if “interesting” weather joins us, which we've seen more than our fair share, we'll adapt or modify our events to still make this shoot worthy of your time!

We WILL be doing something new this year. Tucked sometime into Saturday afternoon, we are going to have a “21 Arrow Salute” in honor friends and members of the “Sticks” Family, who are no longer with us in person. Twenty-one single arrows will, one by one, be aimed and released skyward, as we call out their names....

Take a look at the attached flyer. It pretty much outlines our plans for the weekend, and hopefully covers the details you need to know.

Do these plans sound like something YOU can plan on? We hope so!

And, as always, if you have questions, ask here. We'll do our best to answer them.

Signed, The Crew of “Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers”

12-Aug-19

13-Aug-19
Really looking forward to this. After all the summer shoots and gatherings the "Sticks" weekend is a fitting end.

13-Aug-19
Hoping to be there at least Saturday and looking forward to seeing you again Dave, it was good meeting you at Hermine.

13-Aug-19
Beastieboy.....you camping?

13-Aug-19
The Manly Mt Men are camping.

And yes, there will be FIRE!

14-Aug-19
Ill be in the hospital recovering from surgery. Have fun guys!

14-Aug-19
Mr. Hajas:

Bring your pain meds, your Buffalo Plaid hospital gown, your I.V., any form of hospital bed you may have, and have MJ or Mutual Aid drive you over. (My cousins run M.A. out of Tarrs, but they'd routine-transfer you if we bribed them well. Might even use the lights and siren...)

Then, get set-up next to the MMM Official Campsite, and enjoy surgical recovery the "Sticks" way.

If your hospital bed has wheels, we could strap a Rinehart Pig to the top, and, in theory, you could become the new RUNNING PIG SHOOT...

Just saying. Give it a thought, Hajas....

But, if that's all a "NO", well, then, just recuperate as best as possible, and get back to your normal self..... And as soon as you can (or want to), join us a another time...sans the hospital gown....

14-Aug-19
Sorry to hear that Dale, I hope you have a speedy recovery!

15-Aug-19
Buffalo plaid hospital gown? My gosh man if the breeze picks up there's gonna be a riot! The horror!

Oh the humanity!!!

15-Aug-19
Thanks I probably be in hospital until the 16th at least.

15-Aug-19
Maybe ill bring my dorkimer with me, for evening entertainment around red's fire

15-Aug-19
Real men wouldn't wear one of those hospital gowns, regardless of color. Just saying. Might be a good place for that loin cloth, at least better than SS.

Prayers Dale

15-Aug-19
Pm sent Dale

15-Aug-19
Keng

Ain't going to be no singin or pluckin Dorkimers at the Manly Mt Men's campfire!

Take it to the porch if you have to frolic.

15-Aug-19
Keng: yes, The Crew of Sticks...those of us who mangle gittars and banjers...have been told "Campfire: no place for music"..!!! So, we abide...

But, if you are staying overnight, maybe Friday and Saturday, there will probably be a couple gittars and banjers, and we all kinda hack out a few common tunes. Will say, though, that Red Beastmaster had never heard the "Dead Skunk" song before Sticks a couple years ago.......!!!!!!!!!!

15-Aug-19
Kenny...I'll bet Beastieboy is secretly buddyin' up to Ted TimeBomb. Maybe he'll come out for the weekend.

20-Aug-19
Randy, I Sent uncle Ted a message to see if would be able to make it this year, still eagerly waiting a reply.

21-Aug-19
Oh great, Ted and Mr. engine 'burg.

21-Aug-19
Banjo, THANKS! If he does show up, show him your Monkey. Maybe he'll use it on the course(s).

If not, he can be the cook/firemaster....

This sounds like a most-interesting 2-Day event.....!

27-Aug-19
"show him your monkey"

HC, That's a great t-shirt slogan for SS! Keep that in mind for 2020.

I'm hoping the Asian Barftech Kodiaks will be making an appearance this year. They are so cool!

27-Aug-19
Red: they will be playing Starlake Ampitheatre on Thursday night, Sept. 12, and have solidified plans to attend this Sticks weekend! Hopefully, they will be "hat-i-fied"....

03-Sep-19
Kinda curious as to how many of the 3M's might show up?

04-Sep-19
Why, you making cupcakes?

04-Sep-19
Would that help?

04-Sep-19
Well, I have it on pretty strong authority that Sue is making one of her cakes....and they normally have both chocolate and non-chocolate.... DOES THIS HELP??!!!

12-Sep-19
The Weekend approaches! We hope to see whomever of yinz-all, for a fun and Archery filled weekend!

12-Sep-19
Planning on it, is the fire lit yet?

12-Sep-19

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo

12-Sep-19
That's when he had a Red beard, who ever he is....

Hawkeye: I'm going to see if I can hook up an empty Reinhart Hearse tomorrow to the quad, and drive around collecting some firewood. I'll try to NOT roll the derned thing along some of the warshout ruts. Worry not: there's a'plenty burnable wood 'round that hillside....

AND: I found 2 older flares at a yardsale, so if someone knows how to fire them up..........!!!

12-Sep-19
At least I THINK they are flares. They could be older dynamite.

13-Sep-19

HARRY CARRY's Link

13-Sep-19
HC,

I have firewood loaded in Dora The Explorer already. No need to scour the woods unless you're collecting for the "musical" campfire.

Yeah, not many red whiskers left anymore. Sigh.

13-Sep-19
Haaa you guys are hilarious...!!!!

15-Sep-19
An epic weekend at Strictly Sticks!

Bows and arrows, good friends, good food, and lots of laughs around the campfire! Man, I didn't realize how much I missed this.

A big thank you to The Crew! You guys did a wonderful job!

15-Sep-19
As has been said for many, many years, it's NOT the place, or targets, or how the course was set up: IT IS THE FOLKS...OUR FRIENDS...who've made "Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers" something to look forward to, and, to look back upon with a smile. Thanks to everyone who joined us these last 2 days; it's been OUR honor and privilege to shoot and laugh and break-bread and "fire camp" with you all. We'll see you "the next time", where ever that may be!

Signing: The Crew

16-Sep-19
I stopped in Sunday to see Red and Mr.Perfect. Red was out looking for all his errant arrows and Joe went home early:) Seen Jeff, Bobby, Jerry, and Randy... That was enough..

17-Sep-19
Thanks Strictly Sticks crew, really enjoyed all your efforts. Always good seeing friends again.

• Sitka Gear