Babysaph 13-Aug-19
Turk 14-Aug-19
babysaph 14-Aug-19
gobbler 14-Aug-19
babysaph 14-Aug-19
camoguy 30-Aug-19
Babysaph 30-Aug-19
12-Aug-19
I have complained about the regs being a lil confusing from time to time. I have a question. Is Sunday hunting allowed statewide now on public and private land?

12-Aug-19
Yes

13-Aug-19
Then why do the regs say this ? "Sunday Hunting is legal statewide on private land with written permission from the landowner, and it's lawful to hunt throughout the state of West Virginia on federal lands where hunting is permitted, in a state forest, on land owned or leased by the state for wildlife purposes, and on land managed by the state for wildlife purposes pursuant to a cooperative agreement". It could just say hunting is permitted statewide. Not everyone is an attorney like me. Lol

14-Aug-19
Babysaph,

Because it is not actually legally permitted on private land with out writen permission.

14-Aug-19
Well everyone knows you must have written permission to hunt private land. Sunday or not.

14-Aug-19
That was put into the language of the bill to assure farmers and landowners that people could only hunt on Sunday with the landowners permission. There were a lot of “scare” techniques being used by people that were against Sunday hunting

14-Aug-19
well I get it. Hard to just just simple I guess.

30-Aug-19
They have to say it because if they do not some idiot will trespass on private land on Sunday and argue that it was OK since the regs said Sunday hunting on private land was permitted and it didn't say you need written permission. Even worse, some judge will agree with them and dismiss charges against them.

It is the same concept as why McDonald's puts "Warning: Contents are hot" on their coffee cups. Some idiot sued them because she got burned by the coffee and claimed she was not properly warned that the coffee would be hot.

30-Aug-19
And she would have complained had it been cold .,lol

• Sitka Gear