Flinger 13-Aug-19
Tweed 13-Aug-19
ground hunter 13-Aug-19
stagetek 14-Aug-19
CaptMike 14-Aug-19
13-Aug-19

Drop Tine's embedded Photo
Drop Tine's embedded Photo
Tred was killed in a auto accident while in Canada earlier this month.

He is now free from his chair and the excruciating pain of the disease that put him in the chair.

RIP

13-Aug-19
R.I.P.! Tred Barta!

13-Aug-19
RIP. My condolences and prayers to the family.

13-Aug-19
Sorry to hear this. A few months ago I was following him traveling out someplace with a camper and he was on his own. He seemed to do his best to not be trapped by his affliction. I didn't know him but it seemed some of the people in his life before his aneurism did not stick with him, I have no idea why. I certainly can empathize with the man. I give him credit for trying.

Again, sad news.

Bill

13-Aug-19
because of his many conditions, did he die before the crash..... hope no one else was hurt.

13-Aug-19
In reading his last message I wonder if this was an accident or suicide? Did he just get tired of climbing too many personal mountains?

I always enjoyed his TV programs and admired him for having the courage to do it "the Barta way". RIP old soul, you touched many lives.

13-Aug-19
This was his last Facebook post.

The Barta get off the couch expedition. I know it’s been along time since I’ve last posted and that’s because I’ve been thinking whether or not it’s best for those I inspired to hear the truth it’s been a hard decision. ,I’ve decided to go with 100% truthful rendition. When I left Beaufort in North Carolina I set out for Alaska with my gun dog pepperAnd the goal, To prove to myself that the rut of self-pity and unhappiness could be overcome and that to prove to others in my same condition or worse that all you have to do is get off the couch and start living again, I brought my Bible and a study book, fishing rods, a crossbow, a 270 caliber custom rifle, and a Bonelli 20 gauge shotgun.

As I proceeded on the trip as God is my witness I truly feel the Lord looked after me ‘ I had many life-threatening incidences I came out on top every time ‘I’ve traveled all through Alaska over the last 4 1/2 months, I fell in love with Valdez, I fell in love with Seward availability for long-term housing is zero, the prices are ridiculous and going through the roof and there is absolutely no way I can live in either place, it is not only discouraging it is very disheartening.The winters in both places are brutal and no place for a man in a wheelchair by himself.

I now find myself and for some reason the terrifying reality I have no home, I have nowhere to go, and I find myself thousands of miles from somewhere. As I become closer to my savior I realize how many faults I have sometime it seems that the Lord will have a full-time job forgiving me.The other day the key lock in my truck would not turn, no reason, no explanation it was a hot day and I was stuck, along comes a motorcycle and pulls in ,when the man takes his helmet off it is a gentleman that I spent three days helping him in ValdeseGet his motorcycle of Thompson pass ,this incident took place in Homer some 300 miles away a month later .

Many might say this is just a coincidence I believe otherwise. I very soon will head back to the lower 48 I proveen my point to myself and others who are afflicted that the seemingly impossible can be done. This is my dilemma I’m sure Many will make fun of it .I often think even though my life has been dedicated to helping others I am being punished for my faults in life. So everyone where do I go, where is home I just can’t keep driving in large circles. They say that home is where the heart is and in my case you Hall know I’m searching for a companion ,I certainly have pepper but it’s not enough. I’m looking for a small town, that has good deer hunting and hunting opportunities as well as some good fishing, a place that Has conservative principles and a church that is lively and has a great fellowship my last church couldn’t even say goodbye which remains the scar I carry for long time.

I felt a sense of home in northern Michigan Especially in the UP. I liked parts of Arkansas I could be anywhere but I would like it to be a small town with a strong church. It would be nice to know that I would have just one friend in the place I moved to. They say a life if you have five truly good friends you’re a wealthy man three of my best friends have passed away another committed suicide lesson two weeks ago. Perhaps in my case I should say it’s good to have at least known five good friends. For the first time in my life I don’t know where to turn, where is home?

As funny as it sounds if anyone has some suggestions of places I should look at I appreciate it, make no doubt about it I’ve had the trip of a lifetime I’ve seen and done things that I should Not have been able to go accomplish and yet I’ve done it, I recently came out of the hospital they wanted me to spend a month there Or more I made a calculated decision not to. I don’t want to live near a big city I want to find a small town. For the first time in my life I’m at a loss for what to do with where to go. I am not whining and I’m not asking for your sympathy it’s just the truth.

Tred Barta‘s compass is not working. I’m lost

13-Aug-19
That is a sad last word. Empathy is lost in mankind. I hope the dog went with him as I know mine would be sad for her remaining days on this earth. Watched his shows. I know he got ripped on a few threads with his shot selection, practice ETC you know the score on this site as "if you're not perfect" we shall make sure you know it.

RIP Tred

13-Aug-19
Sorry to hear.

Thank you DT for sharing his post.

13-Aug-19
that guy was " true grit" he is in heaven now

14-Aug-19
One could certainly read a lot into that last facebook post. RIP Mr. Barta.

14-Aug-19
In addition to his archery, he was a hard driving charter boat captain. Sometimes a bit over the top but for sure a driven, focused man.

• Sitka Gear