Bow Crazy 15-Aug-19
DoorKnob 15-Aug-19
FrigidArrows 15-Aug-19
DoorKnob 15-Aug-19
DoorKnob 29-Aug-19
14-Aug-19

DoorKnob's embedded Photo
DoorKnob's embedded Photo
Yup, you want nothing to do with this stuff, I learned the hard way. I was whacking vegetation with my customized golf swing style scythe in front of a trail cam so the vegetation wouldn't be making false triggers in the wind ... when I suddenly felt pain burning on my chest and down my left arm. see photo, chest looks similar to down past the nipple. Looking down revealed a smushed large multi colored fuzzy caterpillar and green/yellow goop in patches on my shirt (which by the way should have been reasonably protective a long sleeve Single Needle Tailored double-knit 100% cotton Oxford BC BF .....) Out there amongst the skeeters and deer flies who were already wining the war against me I was compelled to strip off my shirt and use the dry parts to try and wipe the burning goo off. Long quick run home ... washed up with soap. Photo is next day after Hydrocortisone application which helped much. Best I can figure he dropped off flying vegetation and got under the arm and smooshed around by the golf swing motions. Who could have guessed this? If it wasn't for bad luck ...

14-Aug-19
Is there any thing in Wisconsin that doesn`t give you a painful rash....WTH. I`d much rather have a sapling slap me in the nads than get some of these rashes.

15-Aug-19
That is the first I have heard of such a thing. A shirt like that should have protected you. :) BC

15-Aug-19
Plenty of caterpillars are poisonous, usually delivered by the tiny spines. perhaps the squishing process rubbed the spines into me, or just the liquid toxin making contact was enough. I guess I need to wear a raincoat all summer ...

15-Aug-19
Do you know what species it was?

15-Aug-19
No. I fully admit I ran like a coward. Today the blisters are worse, sorta coalesced into a big blob I might seek medical attention tomorrow depending. I did go out and pesticide spray the area today. If you want to hunt them down and ID them you can be my new best friend !

29-Aug-19
Today you prolly wouldn't notice the rash if you were not already wise. Moral of the story, do not squish them things

• Sitka Gear