Franklin 17-Aug-19
stagetek 17-Aug-19
Drop Tine 17-Aug-19
RD in WI 17-Aug-19
ground hunter 18-Aug-19
South Farm 20-Aug-19
Hoot 20-Aug-19
14-Aug-19
If you were the "big dog", if you were "da man", if you could change the archery deer season in WI in any way as you thought necessary, how would you change it?

14-Aug-19
Other than allowing more efficient weapons during the archery season as it is now, I cannot think of anything other than eliminating the holiday hunt which limits the ability to harvest a buck during that time period.

14-Aug-19
I would leave it the way it is.

14-Aug-19
" season " peer say isn't much of an issue. Delve into deer regs in general and eliminate group hunting for bucks ( I know gun only) and shooting nubs and yearling bucks across the board. Now that would quadruple the amazing in the first next season after implementation.

14-Aug-19
EAB was a good tool, but not perfect. Gun season EAB would be great for everyone 18 years or older.

14-Aug-19
Yes it was.

14-Aug-19
EAB was a bad deal in the area I hunt. It may work in certain areas where the population is stable but in the north it resulted in people shooting yearling just to get their buck tag. I guess if I could change anything it would be bait piles. I think there is a difference between a bait pile and a food plot. Just my opinion, I would ban bait piles such as dumping corn, apples or any other manufacturered product on the ground.

14-Aug-19
Changes would be going back to the way it was before the circus came to town. Bow season with the current start date, and ending on Dec. 31st. and a nine day gun season. All other hunts eliminated.

14-Aug-19
I would be killing more bucks in the cwd hot zone, and I would get rid of the weapon specific rule

14-Aug-19
My change would be no other weapon or season can be used or run concurrent with the archery season. If so, any other weapon used other than a bow and arrow the hunter would have to wear 100% pink camo unless they are elderly or disabled. :)

14-Aug-19
I’d second retro’s position above. (Youth season included in the circus show as well.)

14-Aug-19
All buck tags would be by quota draw system.

Center fire Gun season would be first two weekends in Dec Fri Sat Sun Mon. No lessor weapon .

Muzzleloader last two weeks of Dec

Crossbow would be first 3 weeks of Oct only lessor weapon rule applies .

Youth , wounded vets elderly over 72, limb missing disabled, Sept 15 - 26 any weapon.

Archery season Sept 15 - Jan 5 except during the centerfire gun season.

Special unit doe quota hunts any portion on dates Oct 5 - Oct 25 any weapon .

End of discussion!!!!

So shall it be.

) >>>~~~><—-<<< €

14-Aug-19
EAB was during the archery season. I`m vehemently opposed to EAB seasons. Too many button bucks are killed as the "antlerless" deer to qualify.

I would group ML and rifle in the same time period and extend it to a even 14 days and after that no "silly seasons" or special hunts.....just straight archery season.

14-Aug-19
Make a rule where if you haven't held a hunting liscense ever or for a lengthy period of time you need to apprentice hunt with a proven hunter for a period of time, not realistic I know and no idea how it would happen but I think deer and deer hunters could benefit

14-Aug-19
Youth Season hunts include ages 16 and 17.

15-Aug-19
- Simplicity -

Sound decisions based on facts gathered and common sense; not money.

Problem is we can't rely on "facts" anymore and common sense is a lost cause in today's world.

"Hooray for me the heck with you" and " I'm entitled "

So... hang on boys and girls. Gonna be a wild ride into our future unless we all slow down and take a deep breath in everything we do (soon?)

On a side note - fishing... saw many a boat on Lake Delevan that looked like a storage facility for Bass Pro electronics departments. Fish finders looking like TV, cameras, sonar etc etc. Guys keeping tiny, tiny gills. 25 at a pop... not good in my eyes, not good.

Off to work. Good hunting and fishing to y'all.

15-Aug-19
Youth season eliminated. A parent or mentor can take them archery hunting for 8 weeks before gun season.

15-Aug-19
Youths can hunt for two years. Then they hunt the regular season.

15-Aug-19
Have the x-gun tag be part of your gun deer tag instead of the archery tag. Shorted the x-gun season to the month of October only. Every trapper gets a fisher and an otter tag. That's it for off the top of my head, the rest seems OK.

15-Aug-19
Changes would be going back to the way it was before the circus came to town. Bow season with the current start date, and ending on Dec. 31st. and a nine day gun season. All other hunts eliminated.

+1 to retro on this one. I concur. Get rid of all the other hunts and extended seasons.

15-Aug-19

jjs's Link
Just go back to 1984 when I first moved to Wi., bow season was basic along with all the other hunting season. When the T-Zone and special hunts were add it went down hill, it was broken when it was working.

15-Aug-19
That's my point Skook - let them hunt those last 2 years with Mom and Dad, Grampa and Grandma...still Youths! Why stop at 15? Your not an adult at 16....

Of course they have such a devastating impact on the herd...best be careful here, it's a whole 2 days!

15-Aug-19
jjs you are 100% right. I would go back to the way it use to be. Cross guns for handicaped or over 65. Bow season closed the 5 days before gun season. No bow hunting during gun seasons. No sighting guns the day before gun season. Registration in person. I would not touch youth hunt. All special committees recommendations would have to go thru the CC meetings in spring. No splinter groups making decisions (like bear change proposals). Would move muzzle loader season to first week in January.

15-Aug-19
Just curious why guys don’t like the bow season to run through the gun season?

15-Aug-19
" From: Huntcell 14-Aug-19 snip

Crossbow would be first 3 weeks of Oct only lessor weapon rule applies . snip

Special unit doe quota hunts any portion on dates Oct 5 - Oct 25 any weapon . "

Sneaky, that could leave the Hbow guys 4 days of buck hunting :)

15-Aug-19
It’s in place now my next review for any possible changes will be in 10 years.

15-Aug-19
nope

15-Aug-19
RETRO +2

15-Aug-19
If you want a good / great archey deer hunt insulate and separate yourself from the the gun hunt . The property that host both hunts is compromised at best and a total waste time at its worst .

15-Aug-19
Why are some of you against EAB but not against group bagging? There are a $hit ton of nubbin bucks shot by group hunters filling "doe" tags.

15-Aug-19
If you mix archery with rifle you know something bad will happen and will give hunting in general, a black eye. Let the gunners have the woods for the short period.

15-Aug-19
I agree, if its gun season, use guns. Bow season, bow and arrow. No other weapons or seasons. Go back to keeping things simple. Xguns for disabled and elderly is a no brainer also.

15-Aug-19
Extend the late Metro zone season dates to statewide.

15-Aug-19
Make mechanical releases illegal would have an interesting effect.

16-Aug-19
Open bow season Sept 1st

16-Aug-19
Glunker x2

16-Aug-19
Single big game hunting license not weapon specific. Tags allotted, not weapon specific, by what the population needs are supported by sound data. Weapon specific season dates with lessor weapon rule. X-gun runs concurrent with Muzzy season. No "group hunting" rules. You shoot the deer, you tag it. You have no tags, you're done for the season unless additional tags are available for purchase.

17-Aug-19
No "group hunting" rules. You shoot the deer, you tag it. You have no tags, you're done for the season unless additional tags are available for purchase.

Completely on-board with that!

17-Aug-19
X3.....I never gave it much thought because I never heard of bow hunters "group hunting". Group hunting is so 1970`s.....haha

17-Aug-19
X3 retro.

17-Aug-19
I have been against “group Hunting” since it’s inception.

Muzzleloader season only side lock flint and percussion rifles allowed. As I get older I would be ok with up to 2x scopes. Focusing on the sights and target are getting harder to do. I would also move it to the week before gun season.

17-Aug-19
Mid September Archery opener. Firearms season first two weeks in December. One buck limit per hunter: no cross-tagging Doe tags allotted per area based on population. If hunters are not shooting enough does, suspend the buck tags until the doe harvest numbers are adequate. Crossbows are for the handicapped.

18-Aug-19
I would do the opposite of DT I would have the ML season start around December 15th for 10 days............ I have no issues with in lines, just no scopes........ fiber optics are very bright today, no need for scopes.....

Put a bounty on coyotes, heck they want to pay us to shoot deer if they have CWD, I would think a coyote bounty would be a no brainer

20-Aug-19
No swampies from Minnesota allowed...after I get my residency, of course! LOL!

On a serious note, I don't care what state I hunt I prefer a later muzzle season...freezing cold and snow on the ground so only the least timid dare venture out.

20-Aug-19
I'd like to see the MZ season as it is, but no inlines or scopes. I still hunt MZ with blackpowder, round ball and patch.

• Sitka Gear