COHOYTHUNTER 20-Aug-19
fubar racin 20-Aug-19
Jaquomo 21-Aug-19
Billincamo 21-Aug-19
Colobow 24-Aug-19
Stoneman 24-Aug-19
Dale06 26-Aug-19
17-Aug-19
Good day everyone, I am thinking of going to Bass Pro shops today to get some broadheads and at the same time, I need some new boots for this archery season. What boots would you recommend for fall hunting but also some boots that I can go hunting in the winter? I am pretty much looking for a universal boot that will do the job in most hunting situations. Any recommendations? Thanks Daniel

17-Aug-19
I'd get somethings with a little insulate. Around 400grams maybe 800g max. Anything more is too hot for warm weather hunting. Albeit they won't be very warm sub 25deg when not moving.

I have a pair of Danner 46246 boots. Good ankle support, rugged, comfortable, and a little insulation. Basically bought for just what you described.

Just remember when it comes to comfort, don't go by brands or recommendations, the only boots that will feel comfortable are ones that fit your foot shape and your preference. The hard part is finding everything you need in a boot +comfort +durability and than price.

For what it's worth I usually try in store, than you can almost always find it elsewhere or @ online store with coupons Good luck

17-Aug-19
Not Rockys

18-Aug-19
You're asking a lot out of one pair of boots!

18-Aug-19
Can’t go wrong with the un-insulated Danner Pronghorns. Great for all around archery hunters who put several miles in each day.

18-Aug-19
I would definitely not buy insulated boots! I work outside in Colorado year-round and find there is no need for insulated boots in the winter. Buy boots 1 size larger for padded insoles plus can wear a little thicker socks when it's cold. When it's warm out (which is 85% of the time) I cinch up the laces for thinner socks.

I've had great luck with several models of Lowa boots. Scarpas are also good but are a little narrow for my feet. I've heard a lot of good reports about Crispi's. You can get some great web deals on Sierra Trading Post, Campsaver, etc.

18-Aug-19
Insulated?!!! Helllll no!

Go to rei and get a good pair of hiking boots. I love my Salomons.

20-Aug-19
Get whichever pair fit the best and offer enough support. I second that zero insulation is needed

20-Aug-19
I’d say get the pair off boots that fit your feet best 6 months ago so they’re good and broke in before season opens. Same story with the Broadheads....

21-Aug-19
I like Salomon GTX for early season. But DirtyD talked me into pair of Crispi Thors this summer and they are like custom made for my feet. Love them. First time out was a four miler with a pack. No break-in needed.

Daniel, honestly, there is no one perfect boot for September through November. Get a decent pair that fit well for early season, and another pair with some Thinsulate for later on. Wear the uninsulated on warm days and the insulated on cold days.

21-Aug-19
I've been wearing Crispi's for 6 years. Light weight, comfortable, and extremely stable under loads.

24-Aug-19
Find something that fits like a glove. Don't let the price fool you - high or low. You can't hunt if you can't walk. 2+ pairs is on my mandatory checklist.

24-Aug-19
Zamberlin GTX followed by Crispi Idaho when I need more ankle support, the right boots can be a game changer. While back to back 10 mile days can be tough. Much better with the right boot.

26-Aug-19
Just bought a pair of Crispi, non insulated for my upcoming elk hunt.

• Sitka Gear