Grasshopper 19-Aug-19
KHunter 19-Aug-19
jordanathome 19-Aug-19
fubar racin 19-Aug-19
Hondolane 19-Aug-19
JohnMC 20-Aug-19
Huntcell 21-Aug-19
18-Aug-19
Good afternoon hunters. I have this situation that I cant go to my usual hunting spot for opening morning. The opening week end I can only probably hunt on Saturday. Can somebody help me to find a spot were I can just have a shot at a cow. Not looking for any honey hole but if you can please help me out. I have not shot an elk yet with a bow so hopefully maybe someone can help me out. If you will please PM me. Thanks! God Bless!

18-Aug-19
C’mon man!

18-Aug-19
You have 12 days to scout. I would think you could find a spot to shoot a cow?

You should always have plan B and C so when plan A falls A apart you have options.

19-Aug-19
Man, if the spot was so good you could just walk up and pop a cow on a one-day hunt, I'd call it a honey hole!

19-Aug-19
Well obviously not that good. Just a place that has elk, the rest will be my problem. And scouting, I would love to go out and scout and if I could I would. School started so that's my burden for now lol.

19-Aug-19
I havent missed hunting elk opening weekend for 20 yrs. In all that time, I only filled my tag once on opening day, in 2017.

I'll be thinking of ya .... :)

19-Aug-19
Hire an outfitter. He'd give you the help you need and want. As for school, I always found time to hunt while in school, and I arranged my college classes to allow early morning sits for deer in the river bottoms. Always a way...

19-Aug-19

KHunter's Link
Short answer is nobody most likely?

This has to be a jokester having fun!

19-Aug-19
School is your only burden-sounds nice, enjoy that! My burden is 3 daughters under age 8 as a mostly stay-at-home dad, mortgage payment, wife's post-grad school loans, and a long laundry list of remodel projects to get done on our house, I stored up my hall pass days like a miser all year just waiting for fall so I can hit the hills-most others on here have life demands similar to mine...

19-Aug-19

KHunter's embedded Photo
KHunter's embedded Photo
about 700 to 1500 feet below this spot should be promising n opening day..

19-Aug-19
LOL

19-Aug-19

Grasshopper's embedded Photo
Grasshopper's embedded Photo
Since it is just a cow, and your not asking about unit specifics or honey holes - I frequently see cows here. Good Luck!

19-Aug-19
Hahaha you got me. Lol. I went to that place to scout for elk actually and didn't see a thing so.. I don't know.

19-Aug-19
So you are the intrepid marmot killer though ?

How did it taste ?

19-Aug-19
It was actually very good. Better than any rabbit.

19-Aug-19
Bulls hang out in Horseshoe park....the cows prefer Moraine Park. Sheeesh

19-Aug-19
My humor is so bad I can't tell if that is sarcasm lol. Morain Park.... how about you get a tag and go shoot one, I will help you pack it out from a national park. Great Idea lol.. no hard feelings guys thanks for some humor.

19-Aug-19
Last weekend I was really considering shooting some marmots to try em only thing I seen on my elk scouting trip also lol

19-Aug-19
Lol wow Thant takes a big Set

20-Aug-19
Give him a break I think he is 14. I remember him from last year.

21-Aug-19
Actually he is 19 he was redshirted a few years.

• Sitka Gear