DozRdeer2 03-Sep-19
BOHUNTER09 07-Sep-19
RMhunter 07-Sep-19
DozRdeer2 02-Oct-19
RMhunter 03-Oct-19
BOHUNTER09 04-Oct-19
Sandman20 04-Oct-19
19-Aug-19
Has anyone heard much about EHD so far this year, just wandering I hunt Southeast Illinois and it seems like they are starting to recover from the rough years 6-7 years ago, just hoping it doesn't hit them hard this year. We have several nice bucks on the farm, so I'm pumped for season to get here

20-Aug-19
I’ll say there was a little dry stretch of days, maybe 10-14 days, without rain and there were some people getting worried but then we have gotten rain on pretty good since then. That was about 3 weeks ago. I’m sure some areas have lost a few due to EHD but that also happens every year. I agree that I don’t want to see another outbreak like 2013.

20-Aug-19
Yes it is hitting for sure. I live in Crawford county and have found 4 does running cameras since Thursday last week. Makes me sick cause we were recovering very well.

20-Aug-19
We had a bunch of limpers in northwest IL. Also saw about 40 different bucks in the area we hunt All looked exactly alike between 80-120 inch basket racks. Nothing bigger than that. Gotta be related to EHD

20-Aug-19
I’m aware of several dead deer in Richland county in the past 3 weeks. I smelled one today while I was planting a food plot. I’m going to check it out tomorrow.

20-Aug-19
Thanks for all the responses, I'm in Hamilton county and we definitely have more big bucks this season than in the past few, so I was pumped. I just hope they can survive this mess of a disease

20-Aug-19
Indiana biologists reported suspected EHD losses along the border with Illinois in the past couple weeks.

21-Aug-19
I found 2 dead deer in my creek this morning.

21-Aug-19
Where you at BOHUNTER? I spoke to the farmer today and they said they had been getting plenty of rain in Hamilton county the past few weeks so hopefully it won't be to bad of a year om them

21-Aug-19
Richland county near Indiana

03-Sep-19
Bohunter - did some mowing in my hunting area last week and encountered no dead deer. We are in the same watershed, so was looking (and sniffing) a bit harder than usual. Tom

07-Sep-19
Tom. Haven’t seen or heard of any more dead deer. Maybe it’s run it’s course

07-Sep-19
That's great to hear, maybe they'll pull thru without much loss this year. Im ready to be in the stand come Oct 1st

02-Oct-19
RMhunter - Illinois DNR had a single report of one dead Hamilton County deer through mid-September. Overall, 84 probable EHD deaths reported from 22 counties. Tom

03-Oct-19
Thanks for the info. We haven't found any and seem to have several mature deer on cam so maybe we dodged a bullet

04-Oct-19
Tom. A friend found a dead fawn Thursday. Mouth looks normal. Freshly died.

04-Oct-19
I saw a dead doe laying in the creek today. My buddy was driving and it was along the road don’t know if it was ehd or not

• Sitka Gear