Wisconsin
Contributors to this thread:
oldhunter 21-Aug-19
skookumjt 21-Aug-19
Drop Tine 21-Aug-19
wioutdoors74 21-Aug-19
RD in WI 21-Aug-19
21-Aug-19
Anybody have experience with shooting right handed but left eye dominate?

21-Aug-19
Lots. It's almost impossible to do effectively. Best option is to shoot the same as your eye dominance. If that isn't possible do to physical limitations, the second best option is to cover the dominant eye and shoot with the other eye.

21-Aug-19
I’ve shot one eye closed for 50+ years. Never bothered to check which eye is dominant.

At the time of the shot I never understood the benefits of shooting both eye’s open.

21-Aug-19
I'm currently the opposite: shoot bow left-handed but right-eye dominant. My eye dominance actually changed as I aged due to some generic ocular stuff. I tried re-conditioning my body and form to shoot right-handed. But I just couldn't get comfortable and it never felt right. I've always shot with both eyes open, and I was able to get past it for years just through practice and training my brain on which "pin" to key on. Last few years though my cross-dominance is winning out. I tried the one eye closed thing, but that too just felt wrong. So I now wear an eye blinder and still shoot fine.

21-Aug-19
I shot instinctive with a RH compound bow while in high school despite being left eye dominant. I killed two bucks. Today, I shoot left-handed but use sights and close my right eye. I have shot the RH bows of other people and have no problem as long as I close my left eye.

• Sitka Gear