Nocturnal 04-Sep-19
CaptMike 05-Sep-19
jjs 08-Sep-19
21-Aug-19

MN_Bow_Hunter_1980's embedded Photo
Lone Wolf Stand
Lone Wolf Stand
Hey guys, I have a question for you. I am in the market for a new hang on tree stand and want a stand that I can sit in all day (usually do all day sits). So I want something that is comfortable enough and yet light enough that I can pack it in 2 plus miles (the places I hunt aren't accessible by ATV or Truck). That said, I also really like the feature of having the little bow "hook" on the platform that the Lone Wolf offers. The comfort of the Millennium looks really appealing as well. For those that do all day sits, what's your go to stand. Oh and I looked at the past 200 threads and didn't really see one that would help answer my question so I apologize if this has been brought up before, which I am sure it has.

21-Aug-19

Here is the Millennium model I was looking at as well.

21-Aug-19
The portability of the Lone Wolf is unmatched. If you want an all day sit though, the Millennium is best. I'm a big LW fan and have both sit n climb and hang on models. The climber is better for an all dayer. To answer your question, I'd go with the Millennium.

21-Aug-19
I have 3 Millennium stands. 2 hang on and 1 ladder. Love them! Going to sell the lock on and go to all ladder.

21-Aug-19
I would look at XOP. Virtually the same as Lone Wolf and less $. I've got (3) of them and I am very happy with them.

21-Aug-19
Thanks guys for your input. I am a pretty average sized dude. 5-11 and 195 so I am really looking for something I can sit in all day. For the folks that prefer millennium does that set up make it difficult or easy to get from a sitting to a standing position for shooting (and I know, I should have as much confidence sitting as I do standing but I just don't)

21-Aug-19
Hawk Helium is another great option and usually a decent price. Very comfy and lots of room at ~11.5 lbs. I use this a lot with the Helium sticks. I took out the middle step on the sticks to save a little weight.

21-Aug-19
I mostly use lone wolf stands but as far as a bow holder it is easy to make and add on yourself to any stand. Just get 2 quarter inch bolts long enough to go thru the out side of the tree stand frame plus 3-4". Drill thru the stand and space them about 2" inches apart. Put a nut on and snug up to the stand then put some fuel line hose over the bolts or wrap with tape. You the can slide the lower limb of your bow in between them with it angling forward. the tension from the weight of the bow keeps it in place. This keeps your bow close so you can readily grab it

21-Aug-19
My Hawk Helium and set of 3 climbing sticks combined is lighter than the Millenium stand all by itself. Hated the big fat cushion seat though so I modified it. Hawk is worth a look!

21-Aug-19
I have a lone Wolf Alpha, Lone Wolf Assault II, and my son has that Millennium and an original sandcast Lonewolf from way back. I hunted from the Millennium several times last year and when it got real cold it creaked and popped. And I really did not like the seat and standing up from it at all. For mobile setups I like my lone wolfs a lot more.

21-Aug-19
I think I am going to go with a Lone Wolf or a XOP.

21-Aug-19
There are a lot of options. LW is great for portability and is a very solid stand. It will last for years. I have an issue in that if I stand for more than a few minutes, my back gets a sharp pain going up from my hips. I do not know why but that is the only issue with them.

21-Aug-19
If you are looking for all day sits the Millennium is the choice....hands down. First time I used one I lasted 3 hours longer than any of my portables.

If you want portability look at the Wedgelocs….they have some crazy light stands with varying seat heights....22"- 25". That "bow in the middle of the stand" looks like a good idea but it`s not....it`s a PITA.

21-Aug-19
Millennium is the answer for all day sits, easy on the back.

23-Aug-19
try the bow hook w your bow before you buy , might be disappointed

23-Aug-19
Yeah I don’t use the LW “bow holder” that is built into the stand.

23-Aug-19
I have used them all. Although it is getting harder for me, at my age, I still hunt lots of swamps and marshes. It is rare that I hunt hardwoods. With that said, I favor the Millenium M7, due to weighing in at 7lbs. with being careful and going slow, you can get there buckle system on quietly.

Other than that, either xop or lw, work great, again I save ever pound I can. all other Milleniums are too heavy for a mobile hunter, but if your going to leave it, they are very comfortable.

I just looked at them Beast sticks, they are the best I have ever seen, they weigh nothing...... presently using the xop sticks, since they snap together.......

my bow always sits in my lap......

25-Aug-19
My son and I each have a set of Beast sticks Very light and easy to pack and hang I’m making a set of AmSteel Daisy chain ropes to replace the buckle straps on them to make them even lighter

25-Aug-19
I like to get a little higher up and when you add in the weight of the extra sticks and the fact that I have a strong appreciation for Heights, I prefer to hump in my climber with its larger platform and wrap around rail. (Summit)

If there’s a killer tree that I can’t run a climber up, I’ll lock my hang on (API Baby Grand) to the tree and the top three sections of sticks or steps and pull the bottom ones.

The Lone Wolf stands are great stands that allow better run and gun, hang and hunt... but if I’m in one for more than a couple of hours, I start getting... not really acrophobia, but my respect grows. And it seems that my size 13 feet don’t leave much extra space on those platforms. Especially if it’s later in the season and I have boot blankets on.

Since I prefer to get into my stand and be set up an hour and fifteen minutes or so before hunting light, I start to time out when I should be on my game.

27-Aug-19
I should have clarified my intended application. I will be hunting "controlled hunt zones" whereas we cannot remove brush, tree limbs, etc. so a climber really isn't perfect unless I find a perfect tree. I think I am going to go with the XOP and we are required to wear a harness at all times (I thought I would hate wearing one but really feel super safe).

27-Aug-19
harnesses today are so light and mobile, only a fool would hunt without one. xop is a nice stand, solid and quiet......

I also hunt land like that with those rules..... I have a super spot, where the land owner will not allow any stands period, so most will not hunt it.... funny how most guys will not hunt, if they can not sit in a tree,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

27-Aug-19
Anyone get there hands on a new lone wolf customs stand and sticks yet?

27-Aug-19
I gotcha MN.

Some trees won’t work with a climber. I like to get in early and , for me, the smaller, more portable stands start to feel smaller as time goes on. I have big feet.

I prefer my climber. I prefer the larger platform of my API and will pay the weight penalty to stay in the stand longer.

Just my preference. Perhaps something to consider.

The Lone Wolf stands are great stands. I just wish the platform was a little bigger.

27-Aug-19
And ALWAYS wear a harness.

27-Aug-19
northbound,,,, the new custom LW looks nice, but to me it does not compare to the Beast set up that will be out next January... I have seen it, it is so light it is hard to describe, but I will get one,, and the price is not cheap..

Orion you must be an old guy (ha ha) looking for a bigger platform

28-Aug-19
I haven't been to active on the forums lately, I'm sure the beast stand will be sweet but if it's like his sticks it'll take a few seasons to actually get one.....

28-Aug-19
GH... I was going to wait for Beast stand as well but not liking what you said about $$$. I like the beast stick with the full step but same - spendy! If Beast is along line of the LoneWolfCustom stand - it is really going to put them out of most people's price range (well at least mine) - IMO.

They really are not gearing towards the budget friendly crowds that is for sure. Because of this I am leaning towards the Lone Wolf system just on cost alone (over half the price with sticks etc)

28-Aug-19
No question Bucks, it is pricey,,,, I have seen both stands, etc, and like the Beast the best, but if I was a younger guy, I would buy it,,,,,,,, the steps are also pricey, but to me they would be worth it, when compared to the amount of hours I hunt.............

XOP Vanish is a tough stand to beat for the money, I will say..... I would also buy a used Lone Wolf, have seen quite a few, this year at sportsman sales.......

just like them Beast sticks

29-Aug-19
ground hunter - I’m a guy with big feet and heights get me a little amped up. I don’t like my toes hanging over the edge.

I’ll be fine for a while on a small platform and then I’ll start getting distracted. And fidgety.

03-Sep-19
I just hung an XOP Vanish this weekend and, with their padded seat find it very comfortable. It is on the small side, but if you're walking in a ways, it's pretty light weight.

03-Sep-19
Thanks for the feedback on the XOP Stagetek

03-Sep-19
stage,,, I sure would not want to lug around anything bigger..... I bought an extra one at Deer Fest for our clubs raffle...... lots of interest in it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

03-Sep-19
So these new sticks and stand combos are what??? $900 bucks.... And your saving what in weight? 5lbs ??? You can lose that 5 lbs by exercising for free. But hey....whatever floats your boat. LOL!

03-Sep-19
I have the same thought retro.

I also am a bit of a cyclist. Now that is one group the obsessed about equipment weight. Instead of spending 20% more to save a few ounces just pass on a cheeseburger.

My climber is probably considered heavy but the weight never bothered me. Its the nesting design that makes carrying it awkward and a bit noisy.

03-Sep-19
What are you guys just that dumb.... come on.... if you really new anything, you could have got got the xop vanish stand on the last day of deer fest for about 120.00 they do not want to go back with most of this stuff..... I got sticks for 25.00 a stick

At sportsman rummage sales this spring their was a lot of LW etc going for around 130.00 to 150...... climbers in august sales were going for around 200

so your comments are just plain dumb and shows you really do not get out much

tweed your climber is a piece of junk,,,,,,,, I could of easily put you in a quality one for about 120.00....... a lot of bs in my opinion

shows to me most of you do not hunt much or know very little,,,, You talk stupid on topics you have little experience with....

04-Sep-19
did not want to come off too harsh, but you can buy quality out there, for not that much money, if you look

04-Sep-19
Ground hunter, Comment was made in response to the mention of "beast sticks and stand and lone wolfs new pro gear. They are that much money so I have no clue what the hell your talking about.... Nobody said all stands and sticks cost that much... Like I said do want you want its your money, I was just pointing out the fact if you use your head, theres cheaper ways to lose 5-6 lbs than spending 900 bucks on a stand stick combo..... LOL

04-Sep-19
Groundhunter not sure why you want to disparage another persons things. My issue as I stated is the clunkiness/noise of the stand when walking in. Not the weight, comfort or noise once I'm up. The one year I was able to take bowhunting as serious as I'd have like the only issue I had was me and my poor shots, not my equipment.

If someone wants spend their money on a lighter stand that's fine, its their money. If they want to spend gobs on various other hunting items that's fine also.

04-Sep-19
I'll be that guy. If im gonna carry a stand 30 plus days a year that's comfortable to sit and carry it's worth every penny imo

04-Sep-19
Who uses treestands these days? I'm only kidding, but seriously speaking now. Weight is important, and a few pounds can make a big difference in a long run. After running a few different stands over the years on public land and in small trees along the swamps and such. I have learned that the smaller the stand the better it is for set up, and being able to squeeze into smaller trees. Too many times I have climbed a tree thinking I could get into it, only to get up and find out that my stand is too bulky, or a few inches too wide to set up. I understand that is not the situation everytime but if your serious into upping your game as a hunter. Consider a saddle. I have yet to find a situation where the tree stand is better suited over a saddle, even on comfort. I sold all my stands, except one set up for a guy that wants to tag along with me, and that is a lone wolf, silenced, with LW sticks silenced as well.

05-Sep-19
GROUNDhunter is lecturing you guys on TREEstands. Anyone else see the irony? Lol!

08-Sep-19
I have a Lone Wolf climber that I haven't use for sometime and only used 2x, I stay on the ground the legs are shot. If anyone lives near the Red Wing area pm me and will sell for $175, will be moving Sept. 30, the sooner the better. Enjoy the hunt.

• Sitka Gear